guitarists please help!

D

Davie

Im going to buy either a Squire (cant afford a real Fender) Stratocaster or Telecaster and am not sure which one.I am a begginner to the guitar. Can anyone give me any advice on which one I will find best?

Thankyou

Davie

> Im going to buy either a Squire (cant afford a real Fender) Stratocaster
> or Telecaster and am not sure which one.I am a begginner to the guitar.
> Can anyone give me any advice on which one I will find best?

> Thankyou

> Davie

Can indeedy me aul mucker.

It depends what kinda syle of music your going for. Telecasters tend to be a little clangy and have a very thin sound, they are used for country and western stuff most of the time (yuck) but can be pretty effective when you play some real music with them, an example of this kinda sound would be Grahem Coxon from Blur who mostly used telecaster but ye can also get some nice smith-esque jangles from them if you use a vox amp.
Strats are the best all rounder so without knowing what kinda music your goin for I'd ay its your safer option...buy a squire strat for now till you figure out you own style of playing then save and pick a real brand coz as good as those squires are they really have f*** all on the real Fenders themselves...its along the same lines of Nescafe and tesco coffee, yeah its true what yer ma says, they are both made in the same factory but the tesco stuff is nescafe's shitty budget leftovers, you may not notice the difference now but when you develop a taste you'l notice the quality is miles apart...(have I been talking about coffee for the last 3 lines?)
Sorry.

Hope this helps ya.

> Im going to buy either a Squire (cant afford a real Fender) Stratocaster
> or Telecaster and am not sure which one.I am a begginner to the guitar.
> Can anyone give me any advice on which one I will find best?

> Thankyou

> Davie

hi,

i would agree with what was already said, a strat is more versitile than a tele. if you are going to buy a squire or other strat copy and dont plan to keep it, get a used one, the cheapest you can find( that plays well). i have a fender strat( mexican made) that plays quite well, its was only 200.00 new. the jap fenders are more money, and the american ones even more. if you arre looking for a real well made guitar at a good price, check out G&L guitars. its the company leo fender started after he sold fender and couldnt use the fender name anymore. ive got a G &L tele( they call it the ASAT), i love it.
get someone who knows guitars to help you out. some are real dogs to play, and its hard enough to learn on a good guitar. it can really be frustrating to have a piece of crap and you think its you that sucks, when it the guitar. playing a badly made or set up guitar is like shoveling snow with a spoon.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom