Good Songs That Could Have Been GREAT Songs

For me ROTT is the album that Morrissey has written that I can totally empathise with. It's the one time when I know exactly where he is coming from. To me it's about realising you'll never escape your background, upbringing and personal limitations but coming to terms with that and not being angry or bitter about it. Finding small things in life to give you comfort rather than forever chasing unrealistic dreams. To some people that may be sad, but if Morrissey had got to the age of 47 and not come to that conclusion he really would be the constant teenager that people accuse him of.

I think it probably takes certain experiences in life to appreciate ROTT and also particular music tastes. Musically and vocally Morrissey is channeling artists that most people have forgotten about or know very little about on this album. If their only references are current indie music I can see why they would prefer Quarry musically.

I think it probably takes certain experiences in life to appreciate ROTT and also particular music tastes. Musically and vocally Morrissey is channeling artists that most people have forgotten about or know very little about on this album. If their only references are current indie music I can see why they would prefer Quarry musically.[/QUOTE]

An excellent post, imho.

Back
Top Bottom