Good, Chris took the pics of Moz's house down

A

Angel Looking Over

I'm glad to see Chris took the pics of Moz's house down. How disrespectful was that to put them up in the first place! Nothing like giving the man his privacy, huh.

And I don't care if the fans on Ambitious-Outsiders voted to see the pics or not. It was total disrespect for Morrissey, period.

Go ahead and whine about it, Chris. I just think you have alot to learn about being responsible...particularly if you are going to be keeping a website such as yours.

I would think Moz fans would be of a higher caliber...apparently I'm mistaken.

respect.gif

who cares, it wasn't hurting anyone or anything.
that's like telling some heavy person to lose weight.
You looked at them didn't you?

> who cares, it wasn't hurting anyone or anything.

And you spoke to Moz and know for a fact that he wanted pics of his house on the internet for all to see?? Give me a break!! I highly doubt Moz would want that!! Stars deserve their privacy. It's people like you who buy maps to stars homes and jump fences with cameras. Get off his back, papparazzi scum.

> And you spoke to Moz and know for a fact that he wanted pics of
> his house on the internet for all to see?? Give me a break!! I
> highly doubt Moz would want that!! Stars deserve their privacy.
> It's people like you who buy maps to stars homes and jump fences
> with cameras. Get off his back, papparazzi scum.

People do know where he lives, and Chris didn't give the address.
I don't live anywhere near CA, and if I did I wouldn't waste
my time stalking. That was a pretty big assumption on your part
to judge me so quickly. By the way -that is so nice of you to be so concerned with the "stars" and their privacy - ever thought of getting into personal security?

> By the way -that is so nice of you to be
> so concerned with the "stars" and their privacy - ever
> thought of getting into personal security?

I just understand the concept of respect. Something your smartass obviously knows nothing about.

> I just understand the concept of respect. Something your
> smartass obviously knows nothing about.

I am waving a big white flag
I give....
mercy please

I think people need to lay off the young guy who's created that new morrissey site.I cant believe theres a thousand people, probably all of whom are older, ready to jump down his throat about his posting of morrissey's house. Even if he is a little overzealous, he'll figure out how to balance respect with fanaticism in good time. Creating a website, especially a good one, takes alot of time, skill, thought and creativity- all these things are positive assets. Leave the @#!!!in guy alone already- i say stay off his site if you disapprove of its content.

> I'm glad to see Chris took the pics of Moz's house down. How
> disrespectful was that to put them up in the first place!
> Nothing like giving the man his privacy, huh.

Hell it's a picture of a damn house. Most people don't even know where is the right address. it could be a picture of a house located in Spain, Italy or another galaxy. It won't change anything on Moz life.

> And I don't care if the fans on Ambitious-Outsiders voted to see
> the pics or not. It was total disrespect for Morrissey, period.

And they certainly don't care about you as well.

> Go ahead and whine about it, Chris. I just think you have alot
> to learn about being responsible...particularly if you are going
> to be keeping a website such as yours.

Leave the bloody guy alone, you boring piece of @#!!!

> I would think Moz fans would be of a higher caliber...apparently
> I'm mistaken.

Blah blah, everyone says the same, but Moz fans are cruel, agressive, fanaticals, etc...

> I'm glad to see Chris took the pics of Moz's house down. How
> disrespectful was that to put them up in the first place!
> Nothing like giving the man his privacy, huh.

> And I don't care if the fans on Ambitious-Outsiders voted to see
> the pics or not. It was total disrespect for Morrissey, period.

> Go ahead and whine about it, Chris. I just think you have alot
> to learn about being responsible...particularly if you are going
> to be keeping a website such as yours.

> I would think Moz fans would be of a higher caliber...apparently
> I'm mistaken.

well, they aren't. i think it should have been guessed that people would write him and beg him for his home address. they probably assumed that since pictures were posted that it must be OK for them to ask where he lives.

but at the same time, we can't hide the outside of our homes from public view. people who drive down that street probably see it without even knowing who lives there. i have pictures taken of landmarks or cool things that happen to have random strangers and houses in them. Buckingham palace gets photographed endlessly and the queen lives there! someone's privacy was violated, if you think about it.

the thing to be debated is the actual end result. people called him a stalker, which I don't know if he exactly earns that tag as a good many people have been by his house to take a look, and most of you consider yourselves sane people who mean no harm, regardless if you are sane and harmless or not. but because he puts himself in that position, there is a consequence if too much info is said. there are people in general lying in wait for those sorts of opportunities who indeed hope he says what moz's address is, and some are better liars than others. and the thing is, you have to slam down the hammer regardless of who they say they are if they can't offer proof, and most people don't even stop to consider that wackos aren't like they are in the movies. and people think it's always someone else and not the person they are speaking to. they appear normal. they may have families, hold jobs, and bathe on a regular basis, and because you can't see or talk to anyone personally on the internet, you really can't be sure until something bad happens.

In the end, it might be a better idea if he went ahead and took the pics down. If he is wanting a viable site, he has to cultivate a level of professionalism to attract the right people to give him info, and that includes not offending MOrrissey. I know David has said on more than one occasion that he's tired of doing this site, so it would be a shame if this place shut down and no strong candidates were groomed to take over.

thanks to the bitter pills...

professional web site? give me a fu@king break. this guy chris runs a fan site and a pretty good one at that, but i'm pretty sure he's never made claims as to call what he does official. everyone needs an outlet, ambitiousoutsiders.com is his. if he wants to post a pic of a public figure's house, he has every right. i'm pretty sure everyone knows how to find his house by now anyway (and if you don't, email me and i'll break the myth). besides, it's not like the guy snuck up to an window and snapped shots of morrissey twirling around in a dress.

and how is his posting pics of morrissey's house any different than the countless other sites that post pics of morrissey's old house or the house where his mother lives? all of a sudden, everyone's up in arms? why? for christ's sake - i think morrissey knew of the consequences when he moved to one of the most popular streets in america (off sunset anyway). and the fact that one of his good friends interviewed him and let slip which house it was didn't make matters any better.

and who gives a fu@k if there's no official torchbearer if morrissey-solo goes down? i'm pretty sure morrissey would want it that way - it's not like he gives a sh1t about his fans. otherwise we wouldn't be wading in a sea of "best of" for the last 4 years.

There is a big difference between a stalker and the average fan. Yes, the average fan, if given the chance would drive past Morrissey's house to "have a look". But the line is drawn when one crosses past 'driving by and slowing down', to getting out of the car, having a seat on the steps to his house and writing a letter, taking photographs, rummaging through trash, consuming alcohol and leaving the bottles behind etc etc. That's the difference between respect and lack there of. Either you have it, or you don't.

Who's to say which side Chris falls on...only HE knows the real truth. I'm not here to judge him, I'm just raising a finger at what could potentially end up being a problem for someone. Considering the state of the world these days, I wouldn't put anything past anyone.

Think about it. Do you want a hundred or so people milling about your house throughout any given week, sitting around looking, trying to catch a glimpse of you? You'd be OVER that in no time. Don't tell me you wouldn't be, because I know it would bother each and every one of you. "Oh, who's that rummaging through my garbage again?"....

You can take the trash out of the 'hood, but you can't take the 'hood out of the trash.

> well, they aren't. i think it should have been guessed that
> people would write him and beg him for his home address. they
> probably assumed that since pictures were posted that it must be
> OK for them to ask where he lives.

> but at the same time, we can't hide the outside of our homes
> from public view. people who drive down that street probably see
> it without even knowing who lives there. i have pictures taken
> of landmarks or cool things that happen to have random strangers
> and houses in them. Buckingham palace gets photographed
> endlessly and the queen lives there! someone's privacy was
> violated, if you think about it.

> the thing to be debated is the actual end result. people called
> him a stalker, which I don't know if he exactly earns that tag
> as a good many people have been by his house to take a look, and
> most of you consider yourselves sane people who mean no harm,
> regardless if you are sane and harmless or not. but because he
> puts himself in that position, there is a consequence if too
> much info is said. there are people in general lying in wait for
> those sorts of opportunities who indeed hope he says what moz's
> address is, and some are better liars than others. and the thing
> is, you have to slam down the hammer regardless of who they say
> they are if they can't offer proof, and most people don't even
> stop to consider that wackos aren't like they are in the movies.
> and people think it's always someone else and not the person
> they are speaking to. they appear normal. they may have
> families, hold jobs, and bathe on a regular basis, and because
> you can't see or talk to anyone personally on the internet, you
> really can't be sure until something bad happens.

> In the end, it might be a better idea if he went ahead and took
> the pics down. If he is wanting a viable site, he has to
> cultivate a level of professionalism to attract the right people
> to give him info, and that includes not offending MOrrissey. I
> know David has said on more than one occasion that he's tired of
> doing this site, so it would be a shame if this place shut down
> and no strong candidates were groomed to take over.

Re: thanks to the bitter pills...

> it's not like he gives a sh1t about his fans.
> otherwise we wouldn't be wading in a sea of "best of"
> for the last 4 years.

Okay, so basically what you are saying is that since Morrissey hasn't given us any new material in the past 4 years, then that makes it okay for fans to stake out his house?

Give ME a phucking break!

You, along with many others, have NO idea what respect is all about. It's plain and simple, respect that is. Unfortunately a lesson you did not learn back in school. If I were you, I'd check into an internet correspondence school majoring in Etiquette Classes.

Call me bitter if you will, Mz. Manners has spoken!

book3.gif

Angel, you unfortunately, have barked up the wrong tree here...

> Okay, so basically what you are saying is that since Morrissey
> hasn't given us any new material in the past 4 years, then that
> makes it okay for fans to stake out his house?

> Give ME a phucking break!

> You, along with many others, have NO idea what respect is all
> about. It's plain and simple, respect that is. Unfortunately a
> lesson you did not learn back in school. If I were you, I'd
> check into an internet correspondence school majoring in
> Etiquette Classes.

> Call me bitter if you will, Mz. Manners has spoken!

This man, more than anyone, knows what he is talking about, don't ya Eugenious? Some of you guys just need to sit back and NOT answer every now and then. That way, some credibility will be left over.

Now, me, I have pissed too many people off to try to have any credibility left. So I don't GIVE a damn. But when people like Angel have (ok, you can seem like a 'tard, but mostly have decent intentions) nice things to say, then go a bit overboard, it makes them seem just plane old bored.

Sorry angel, nothing personal! I know you mean well. Believe me I am one to understand someone else's intentions!

Laura

You must be new here, to NOT know that this is how the board works...

> People do know where he lives, and Chris didn't give the
> address.
> I don't live anywhere near CA, and if I did I wouldn't waste
> my time stalking. That was a pretty big assumption on your part
> to judge me so quickly. By the way -that is so nice of you to be
> so concerned with the "stars" and their privacy - ever
> thought of getting into personal security?

Someone makes an assumption, then other idiots snowball on the effect, and take advantage of you and what the other person has laid claim as facts, then they all turn against you and when you try to defend yourself they just try to make you look worse, so you have so many people on your side and so many people who are on their side, and the other people in the category of 'don't care/didn't notice'.

Let me guess at the so called 'smart' ones who will try to rectify this with a 'bash' on my part 'homily'...Suzanne? Girl Afraid? Other idiots claiming they are so many when they are just one or two?

So, Lyle, let me point this out: there will always be one or two people who are ready to jump down your throat when you did nothing to deserve such a thing. I won't try to make this pretty. It just plain old sucks when someone says something THEY find true and you have no control over. Hopefully you are one of the few strong ones who can say "WHATEVER!" to those freaks and get on with those of us who understand you and what points you are trying to make.

Laura

Re: Angel, you unfortunately, have barked up the wrong tree here...

> Some of you guys just need to sit back and
> NOT answer every now and then. That way, some credibility will
> be left over.

That's funny, I often have the same thoughts regarding some of your posts. The difference between me and you is that I've held my tongue when it came to you.

> Now, me, I have pissed too many people off to try to have any
> credibility left. So I don't GIVE a damn. But when people like
> Angel have (ok, you can seem like a 'tard, but mostly have
> decent intentions) nice things to say, then go a bit overboard,
> it makes them seem just plane old bored.

> Sorry angel, nothing personal! I know you mean well. Believe me
> I am one to understand someone else's intentions!

Of course you're "one to understand someone else's intentions". You too, at times, can "seem like a 'tard, but mostly have decent intentions", though you do go a bit overboard which makes you seem just plane old boring.

Nothing personal!

> Laura

Angel

Well, I appreciate that?...???

> That's funny, I often have the same thoughts regarding some of
> your posts. The difference between me and you is that I've held
> my tongue when it came to you.

> Of course you're "one to understand someone else's
> intentions". You too, at times, can "seem like a
> 'tard, but mostly have decent intentions", though you do go
> a bit overboard which makes you seem just plane old boring.

> Nothing personal!

> Angel

I suppose that's kind of a nice thing to say. I always thank someone who felt one way about me, but because they didn't know me they maybe held their tongue instead of said something rude. I would suppose I should say I admire you- I am not that way much of the time. I just try to remember this is a message board, and that I really shouldn't care all too much, you know?

Hahaha, I am the FIRST to tell you I can be a complete 'tard, but I am first to recognize the fault in others, unfortunately as I am able to recognize the trait in myself, I think. Some people are too Head Up As* to have that ability...or as I call it "HUA". Some may call that being cocky, I just try to think of it as 'intuitive,' or 'keen sense of observation.' Dunno. Grew up that way. Just always said what came into my head, right or wrong!

Thanks for the note of 'you kick me in the butt, I'll kick you in the butt right back.' Its just what I needed right now.

Laura

> There is a big difference between a stalker and the average fan.
> Yes, the average fan, if given the chance would drive past
> Morrissey's house to "have a look". But the line is
> drawn when one crosses past 'driving by and slowing down', to
> getting out of the car, having a seat on the steps to his house
> and writing a letter, taking photographs, rummaging through
> trash, consuming alcohol and leaving the bottles behind etc etc.
> That's the difference between respect and lack there of. Either
> you have it, or you don't.

you know, i never thought of the latter. i think it seems incomprehensible that there are loads of people who want to rummage in garbage. but why are they sitting around drinking beers?

i know there are people who want to look in his mailbox. that's bad. i know i'm not famous or anything (for damn sure) and i'm sure that would make a difference if was, but i'm used to living in dwellings that are pretty much not very private. I've lived in dorms with roommates who i had never met previously, apartments, where you have to keep your curtains closed at all times because people who live there come walking by and can see what you're doing and you seriously can't expect them to turn their head away politely while you are lying in the livingroom staring at the TV. some people I know even like looking at stranger's houses regardless of lack fame out of curiosity of the design of the house and what they own. it's a basic indignity many people have to suffer from on some level, but given that people can walk up to his house and do this crap, there are gated communities out in the boondoggles that have more security access than his house.

> Who's to say which side Chris falls on...only HE knows the real
> truth. I'm not here to judge him, I'm just raising a finger at
> what could potentially end up being a problem for someone.
> Considering the state of the world these days, I wouldn't put
> anything past anyone.

even though I did sorta find the first time I had seen someone posting pics of his house as a bit shocking, i originally thought, "oh well", because even you have to admit, all the loonies can find him without help, and mostly they already have as you saw them piping up about the pics. it's like sharing spy secrets that you stole from the Russians to the Russians. they don't need a website, and frankly, in my time here, i've basically found the net itself as a poor source of stalking material. the people with the largest success are generally the people who happen to be out on the streets or at their jobs and they just so happen to run across something that gives his address. the stalkers themselves don't like sharing too much of their findings because they want to keep moz all for themselves. that's why you have yet to see anyone around here post his address publicly for all to see, or at least, i've never seen anyone do it despite the number of "i've been to his house" stories. it creates a really weird paradox where people think of themselves as the special ones that aren't treading on his privacy, but have already decided that everyone else is potentially dangerous.

> Think about it. Do you want a hundred or so people milling about
> your house throughout any given week, sitting around looking,
> trying to catch a glimpse of you? You'd be OVER that in no time.
> Don't tell me you wouldn't be, because I know it would bother
> each and every one of you. "Oh, who's that rummaging
> through my garbage again?"....

i don't have to think that hard about it. it's why i never bothered making the drive to LA on my last trip. some mistaken person volunteered certain info once, so my guess is I wouldn't be wandering around lost and it wouldn't have been a wasted trip if it's what i was looking for, but ya know...i have two standards. what I do, and what everyone else does. despite what people think about what i say, i generally keep my actions more conservative than what i find more permissive in others. I think the most exciting it would get is maybe if I could find out where his tour bus was parked after a show and hang around out there as he leaves. But i've never wanted to find his hotel, lie about knowing his band members and sneaking into their after-show parties. I'm basically the sort of person who believes that if i'm not invited, i'm tresspassing, or worse, begging. Other people are brazen, and some can handle being brazen and having it work OK because of their personalities.

> You can take the trash out of the 'hood, but you can't take the
> 'hood out of the trash.

Re: Well, I appreciate that?...???

> I suppose that's kind of a nice thing to say. I always thank
> someone who felt one way about me, but because they didn't know
> me they maybe held their tongue instead of said something rude.

How could I pass judgement on you in the first place? I mean, after all, like you said, this is a messageboard. You may say things and act a certain way here, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's how you are in 'real life'. This is an outlet for you, just as it is for everyone else...whatever their opinions may be.

> I would suppose I should say I admire you- I am not that way
> much of the time. I just try to remember this is a message
> board, and that I really shouldn't care all too much, you know?

You're right, you shouldn't care at all, don't let things you read here eat you inside. What good does that do you other than give you an ulcer? I'm flattered and blushing that you'd consider admiring me, but please don't, I am not worthy.

> Hahaha, I am the FIRST to tell you I can be a complete 'tard,
> but I am first to recognize the fault in others, unfortunately
> as I am able to recognize the trait in myself, I think. Some
> people are too Head Up As* to have that ability...or as I call
> it "HUA". Some may call that being cocky, I just try
> to think of it as 'intuitive,' or 'keen sense of observation.'
> Dunno. Grew up that way. Just always said what came into my
> head, right or wrong!

You shouldn't consider it "unfortunate" that you recognize certain traits in yourself, but rather, you should see it as empowering. Recognizing traits, dealing with them, and growing. It's the only way to evolve as a species.

I don't think it's so much that certain people are "too head up as*", I think it's that most people are too damn scared to face the truth. The truth is often painful and never easy...that's why most people can't handle it.

> Thanks for the note of 'you kick me in the butt, I'll kick you
> in the butt right back.' Its just what I needed right now.

Sweet dreams

> Laura

Angel

> you know, i never thought of the latter. i think it seems
> incomprehensible that there are loads of people who want to
> rummage in garbage. but why are they sitting around drinking
> beers?

Why do people go to church?

> i know there are people who want to look in his mailbox. that's
> bad. i know i'm not famous or anything (for damn sure) and i'm
> sure that would make a difference if was, but i'm used to living
> in dwellings that are pretty much not very private. I've lived
> in dorms with roommates who i had never met previously,
> apartments, where you have to keep your curtains closed at all
> times because people who live there come walking by and can see
> what you're doing and you seriously can't expect them to turn
> their head away politely while you are lying in the livingroom
> staring at the TV. some people I know even like looking at
> stranger's houses regardless of lack fame out of curiosity of
> the design of the house and what they own. it's a basic
> indignity many people have to suffer from on some level, but
> given that people can walk up to his house and do this crap,
> there are gated communities out in the boondoggles that have
> more security access than his house.

> even though I did sorta find the first time I had seen someone
> posting pics of his house as a bit shocking, i originally
> thought, "oh well", because even you have to admit,
> all the loonies can find him without help, and mostly they
> already have as you saw them piping up about the pics. it's like
> sharing spy secrets that you stole from the Russians to the
> Russians. they don't need a website, and frankly, in my time
> here, i've basically found the net itself as a poor source of
> stalking material. the people with the largest success are
> generally the people who happen to be out on the streets or at
> their jobs and they just so happen to run across something that
> gives his address. the stalkers themselves don't like sharing
> too much of their findings because they want to keep moz all for
> themselves. that's why you have yet to see anyone around here
> post his address publicly for all to see, or at least, i've
> never seen anyone do it despite the number of "i've been to
> his house" stories. it creates a really weird paradox where
> people think of themselves as the special ones that aren't
> treading on his privacy, but have already decided that everyone
> else is potentially dangerous.

Obviously a select few are going to stumble onto his address one way or another. That's to be as much expected as it is inevitable. The problems arise when it's posted publicly, for the flock of sheep, those non-thinking masses only interested in satisfying their own insatiable need to meet Morrissey. They arean't considering his privacy in their hysteria, and shouldn't be equipped with his address.

> i don't have to think that hard about it. it's why i never
> bothered making the drive to LA on my last trip. some mistaken
> person volunteered certain info once, so my guess is I wouldn't
> be wandering around lost and it wouldn't have been a wasted trip
> if it's what i was looking for, but ya know...i have two
> standards. what I do, and what everyone else does. despite what
> people think about what i say, i generally keep my actions more
> conservative than what i find more permissive in others. I think
> the most exciting it would get is maybe if I could find out
> where his tour bus was parked after a show and hang around out
> there as he leaves.

How refreshing. I'm the same way. I'll never forget hanging outside the side of the theatre in Detroit, blistering cold wind with snow and ice all about, just to get a glimpse of him running to his tour van. And that's all it should be...anything else is over-indulgent.

> But i've never wanted to find his hotel, lie
> about knowing his band members and sneaking into their
> after-show parties. I'm basically the sort of person who
> believes that if i'm not invited, i'm tresspassing, or worse,
> begging. Other people are brazen, and some can handle being
> brazen and having it work OK because of their personalities.

I agree...if you're not invited, you're trespassing.

Back
Top Bottom