God hates the Smiths

mcrickson

Reckless Endangerment
A friend of mine who is a self-admitted 'goth' showed me the site www.godhatesgoths.com, a very humorous seemingly militant-religion based site that is pretty self-explanatory as to it's views.

I perused the section on music that these uptight holy-rollers condemn, and I see that because of the Smiths' very satanic undertones :)rolleyes:), they are not 'safe' to listen to :eek:

:lbf:

Some of your other favorite artists might be there as well -- there's:

- Bowie (occult, recorded "Quicksand" about Aleister Crowley)
- The Cramps ("degraded" sexuality (Date With Elvis)
- The Cure (alcohol abuse, blasphemy in "The Blood" and "Holy Hour", Satanic imagery in artwork)
- The Damned (crown of thorns imagery (Grimly Fiendish)
- Depeche Mode (songs about sex and sadomasochism, recorded "Blasphemous Rumors")
- Eurythmics ("Missionary Man" warns listeners away from salvation)
- Jimi Hendrix (hypnotizing people through music, choking on own vomit, voodoo rhythms :)lbf:), rebellion, violence, "If 6 Was 9" used in interstitials)
- KISS (bloody stage show, sex, rebellion, violence, perverted bassist sticks his tongue out frequently (A major blasphemy in the Bible), band name KISS actually stands for Knights In Satan’s Service :lbf:)
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (Satanic imagery)
- Queen (backmasking, drug abuse, homosexuality, cross-dressing, perverted singer died of aids :straightface:)

The best they could come up with against Monster Magnet is "Use occult symbols on album art"? What, was the symbolism in the inscription on the back of "Spine of God" that says "IT'S A SATANIC DRUG THING. YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND." too subtle for them? Or maybe they just took it as a statement of fact. Or the picture in the booklet to "Powertrip", featuring one of the band members in a chevy running over a bishop, with cheering, scantily clad babes in the back seat?

I see Morrissey isn't on the list. They may not have heard "Satan rejected my soul" yet.

cheers

Come to think of it, where's the actual satanic imagery in the Smiths? Surely they're not thinking of "the devil will find work for idle hands to do"?

cheers

lol @ the AC/DC entry:

"Promote pedophilia (guitarist dresses like a school boy on stage)."

Come to think of it, where's the actual satanic imagery in the Smiths? Surely they're not thinking of "the devil will find work for idle hands to do"?

cheers

I believe the Church has roundly condemned "Work Is A Four-Letter Word". :rolleyes:

Let's face what this website wrote about SMiths
Smiths: Satanic imagery

Where did they get it from?

Depeche Mode...recorded "Blasphemous Rumors"

I always thought this was interesting. Yes, technically the song is somewhat blasphemous, but after all they're just rumors. And in our age of kneejerk nihilism you'd think they'd appreciate a song that, if nothing else, at least affirmed God's existence. :)

Plus, Andrew Fletcher is living proof that there's clearly nothing amiss with God's sense of humor.

the rammstein one was my favourite "all lyrics in german (the language of hitler)" :thumb:

I was just about to quote that but you beat me too it.. that's the funniest thing ever.

I suppose it's against God's will to drive BMW's too. :crazy:

Let's face what this website wrote about SMiths
Smiths: Satanic imagery

Where did they get it from?

I think the sweater Morrissey wears on TQID with the hearts on it was something the Devil wore on a cold day in hell back when the Red Sox finally won the World Series in 2004.

Then why isn't Cilla Black on the list? :)

cheers

lol

Your logic has foxed me, but I'll go another step on you: it's not Cilla Black who's Satanic, what's Satanic is the idea that the greatest rock band in the history of history would cover one of her songs. Even Dante couldn't have come up with a punishment to match that little stunt. :rolleyes:

Question begged: is evil just something you are, or something you...? Oh never mind.

lol

Your logic has foxed me, but I'll go another step on you: it's not Cilla Black who's Satanic, what's Satanic is the idea that the greatest rock band in the history of history would cover one of her songs. Even Dante couldn't have come up with a punishment to match that little stunt. :rolleyes:

Hehe, but that argument has a key flaw: It presupposes a modicum of taste and sense, which means that its validity doesn't extend to that particular site. :)

cheers

Hehe, but that argument has a key flaw: It presupposes a modicum of taste and sense, which means that its validity doesn't extend to that particular site. :)

cheers

Clever. To continue to argue against you I'd have to defend the site's taste level. You are a sly rhetorician-- you aren't Satan, by any chance, are you? Or at least a Satanic talking fox?

6a00d8341c625053ef0120a5c403c2970c-400wi

Of course, as Verbal Kint said, the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist...

404.png

Back
Top Bottom