Future Morrissey Spotting at Barney's NYC?

Raquel

The Most Inept
On another website I frequent, thefashionspot.com, I came across this tidbit:

Oh, I thought of something fashionable, even. I stopped into Barneys NY with a male friend and had a leetle teeny tiny Moz badge on my jacket.
While my friend was in the dressing room, the salesboy said "oh, is that Morrissey?" and then told me that Moz always stops at Barneys when he is in NYC. He said that he often brings the whole band in for clothes (lucky!), that he's rather quiet and shy and that he loves Gucci.
The salesboy said that he LOVES The Smiths and even though he helps lots of celebrities now, he has to work at keeping his cool when helping Le Moz. He also said that (do I dare type this?) it's sometimes hard to find the clothes Moz likes in his ummm, bigger size. This means that he often has to send things to him but Moz is very nice.

Here's the page it's from:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f62/morrissey-smiths-31076-5.html

^^^
Let's not get our knickers in a twist. Stores like Barney's tend to carry only the very slim sizes for men and women. In fact for women, they rarely have a size above a US 10.
Morrissey is absolutely perfect the way he is!!!!

^^^
Let's not get our knickers in a twist. Stores like Barney's tend to carry only the very slim sizes for men and women. In fact for women, they rarely have a size above a US 10.
Morrissey is absolutely perfect the way he is!!!!

oh! i feel teeny tiny now.

i meant that your wording tended to um...well, imply that he was bigger than others...as in some boys are bigger than other boy's brothers...:rolleyes:

Fancy lord! They've gotta be losing customers that way; "must be skinnier than Morrissey to ride" is a pretty strict standard, esp. if you're serving anyone over forty.

If he brings the whole band in (which is cute, yes) does it mean Boz has to stand with Moz in the Shame Corner? (I picture this corner as having a black and white tile floor, a small tasteful sign and a selection of Italian sodas available; they may be strict but I guess they have a reputation to maintain.)

Unless we ARE talking about his Other Size, in which case Morrissey must be a retail legend in the best possible way.

He's probably an XL isn't he? You'd think an American store would be set up for that (sorry Americans :p )

Fancy lord! They've gotta be losing customers that way; "must be skinnier than Morrissey to ride" is a pretty strict standard, esp. if you're serving anyone over forty.

If he brings the whole band in (which is cute, yes) does it mean Boz has to stand with Moz in the Shame Corner? (I picture this corner as having a black and white tile floor, a small tasteful sign and a selection of Italian sodas available; they may be strict but I guess they have a reputation to maintain.)

Unless we ARE talking about his Other Size, in which case Morrissey must be a retail legend in the best possible way.

Did anyone else notice how awesome that last sentence was? Good call!! :D

ooh i work freelance for Barney's. I just shoot the windows every three weeks but I do know a bit about it. Barney's does tend to have smaller sizes and the look for mens suits has been very tight fitting skinny legged pants, which Morrissey only wore briefly in the early 2000s or so (short, narrow flood pants have been the in thing for top designer suits lately) - but Barneys does Made to Measure suits and I am sure they can work with Morrissey.
In general its a younger, hip, rich crowd and sorry to disappoint you america haters - not all americans are fat, esp not the rich ones.... its the poor who are generally fat. Barneys keeps clothes for customers they market to... I am sure they can accommodate Morrissey - in fact stylewise he is so Barneys... at least in my view. He could be the poster boy! Old world elegance meets sleek styled luxury.

He's probably an XL isn't he? You'd think an American store would be set up for that (sorry Americans :p )

You're forgetting that the one thing Americans love more than refried grease cakes is fad diets.

ooh i work freelance for Barney's. I just shoot the windows every three weeks but I do know a bit about it. Barney's does tend to have smaller sizes and the look for mens suits has been very tight fitting skinny legged pants, which Morrissey only wore briefly in the early 2000s or so (short, narrow flood pants have been the in thing for top designer suits lately) - but Barneys does Made to Measure suits and I am sure they can work with Morrissey.
In general its a younger, hip, rich crowd and sorry to disappoint you america haters - not all americans are fat, esp not the rich ones.... its the poor who are generally fat. Barneys keeps clothes for customers they market to... I am sure they can accommodate Morrissey - in fact stylewise he is so Barneys... at least in my view. He could be the poster boy! Old world elegance meets sleek styled luxury.

I can see it now, a huge Barney's billboard with a photo (taken by you, of course) of our Morrissey and the tagline~Old World Elegance Meets Sleek Styled Luxury!

Yes, I can see it, too!

forfun.jpg

you won't find xxl in NYC as much as you would in say the midwest or the south...people on the coasts are much fitter and skinnier than those between... the 'fat america we hear about.

Whenever i shop in Michigan, I am frustrated at not even being able to find size small or medium. just a bunch of xxl or Large...but in nyc the opposite is true.

Back
Top Bottom