Does anyone really care about Margaret Hassan?

C

C.A.R.E.

She is the British director of CARE International in Baghdad that's been kipnapped by terrorists. She's been working in humanitarian causes for over 30 year for the Iraqi people and now they have taken her and will most likely execute her by beheading. Is this what has become of our once proud nation? A country of sitting ducks that does not care for our own citizens? I'm sickened to death and I feel our presence in Iraq is mindless not to mention evil. Let the Americans fight their own selfish war. Do you agree?

No, the democratisation of Iraq is a just and worthy cause. Bush and Blair WILL be thought of as great statesmen in the future. Democracies dont tend to war with one another. A democratic Iraq=safer world. Secondly, this ludicrous outpouring of false emotion for hostages is simply offensive and degrades real grief. You might call it'diana syndrome'. People are murdered every day in EVERY country. The left wing media are responsible for the vile practice of showing hostages to further the cause with no regard for the victims families feelings. Most People work in Iraq for the vast sums of money offered, not for any moral reasons. They take the money and the risks. Now, Mrs Hassan is a good woman working for moral reasons. But heres a wake up call, the hostage takers couldnt care less!!! As for 'sitting ducks', we are not sitting ducks, but people that place themselves in war zones are at great risk. Thats common sense. Welcome to planet earth.

You are kidding me???

A democratic Iraq = a safer world. Oh yes, I see, all those weapons of mass destruction that were found was intended to blow us all up weren't they! How bloody nieve you are.
Last night i watched 'Farenheit 9/11'. Watch that and then tell me that Bush and Blair will be remembered as great statesmen. Both will lose their next respective elections because of the war. It is a shame as I feel Blair has done a decent job on the domestic front, but this deceit will cost him. Iraq posed no threat to anyone, sure their citizens were ill treated, but no more than the Chinese, North Koreans and others, but i dont see the rush to 'go in and free them because they have the right to eat a big mac and fries' but then they dont have oil do they?
Wake up and smell the corruption.

Re: You are kidding me???

I never mentioned WMD. Democracies create a safer world.

BTW

Bush and Blair will be re-elected, maybe you need to 'wake up and smell the coffee'

Harold Shipman?

Why are you using the name of the UKs most notorious serial killer. Are you sick, childish, or both?

> I never mentioned WMD. Democracies create a safer world.

I know you never mentioned WMD. Conveniently! The whole point of the war was the world wasn't a safer place because Saddam HAD WMD which everyone else knew he didnt have any!
Democracies do not create a safer place. The world needs war to tick over.
It keeps people in employment (the arms trade, the armed forces, the media, doctors etc etc). It is great at getting people to be fearful and willing to lose their own 'freedoms' in the very name of freedom.
it keeps the population down and pushes the price of food and energy up.
The capitalists love war as they are the beneficiaries of war.
Ask Dubya and his mates who are coining it in.....
September 11th was just the spark he needed to justify the whole thing.

Re: Harold Shipman?

So only one person in the whole world is called Harold Shipman?

And Bush and Blair have been responsible for more deaths than Harold caused. Labour will get re-elected but it wont be Blair.
I hope the coffee you are smelling is fair trade and not Starbucks?

Maybe you should read some neo-conservative thought in order to help you undrstand why Bush and Blair have entered this war. You're reasoning is flawed and about as believable as your explanation of your name. Democracies do not tend to war with one another, therefore democratisation makes the world safer. Bush and Blair believe in democratisation its as simple as that.

Re: Harold Shipman?

'Harold', so you are on first name terms with the evil bastard. You are a silly little boy.

> So only one person in the whole world is called Harold Shipman?

> And Bush and Blair have been responsible for more deaths than Harold
> caused. Labour will get re-elected but it wont be Blair.
> I hope the coffee you are smelling is fair trade and not Starbucks?

My reasoning is flawed.......?
well go on then
dont just make statements.....
back them up.
why have we gone to war?????????

> My reasoning is flawed.......?
> well go on then
> dont just make statements.....
> back them up.
> why have we gone to war?????????

Well, for the THIRD and final time, both Bush and Blair believe in 'democratisation'. This is a common belief amongst neo-cons. They want to take the initiative and turn dictatorships into democracies. They believe democracies will do business and be 'friendly'. Colonel gadaffis sudden friendship is as a direct result of the Iraq war. In other words Gadaffi doesnt want to be next to be attacked. The world is not less safe than before 9/11. Wheres the evidence for that? The world was more dangerous when I was young because of the IRA. The world will always be dangerous. You can believe the michael moores of this world if you like but I personally laughed out loud at his film. Politics is a dirty business. Of course, politicians all know each other, of course big business influences politics, of course Bush allowed some of the bin ladens to leave USA after 9/11, why shouldnt he, they are not accussed of anything.Conspiracy? No, reality. Of course Britain and USA have sold arms to Iraq, etc, etc. There is no conspiracy, this is real life, this is business, this is industry. Things change, people fall out, wars start. Moore just points the obvious and like all lefties his attacks are often personal. America has been attacked in the most horrific way and the response has been remarkably restrained. The only thing you have right is that Bush and Blair lied about the reasons for the war. But they believe it will make the world safer and give them more control if the world is democratised. This is a common view amongst the right in the USA and is why Bush will be re-elected.

You want conspiracy, look at France's relationship with Iran and think about their objection to the war in light of that. Take a good look at Kofi Annan, a man made into a hero by the media, but seen as a half-wit who is damaging the world economy and human rights by many others.

Its not as simple as you think.

> She is the British director of CARE International in Baghdad that's been
> kipnapped by terrorists. She's been working in humanitarian causes for
> over 30 year for the Iraqi people and now they have taken her and will
> most likely execute her by beheading.

My understanding is she has worked with CARE since 1991, but has lived in Iraq for 30 years because she married an Iraqi.

>Is this what has become of our once
> proud nation? A country of sitting ducks that does not care for our own
> citizens? I'm sickened to death and I feel our presence in Iraq is
> mindless not to mention evil. Let the Americans fight their own selfish
> war. Do you agree?

People like you, who give in to people like Zarqawi, make me puke.

The world was not a dangerous place because of the IRA when you were younger. just Britain, well, Belfast and England to be precise.
How dare Bush and Blair inflict their 'democratisation' on the world. Who says they are right? (I'm not saying they are wrong or right, just asking who says they are right?)
You say they believe democracies will do business and be 'friendly' - exactly, so they can exploited and strip off their assests and do as they are told. Look at who Bush installed as in charge of Afghanistan, a former oil colleague who then signed up to the USA linking oil pipes from the Black Sea to the Indian Ocean right through Afghanistan. What's that got to do with bringing democracy to the Afghanies???????? f*** all. But to bush and his chums it was a great pay day.
Dont give me this democracy nonsense. Please.

> She is the British director of CARE International in Baghdad that's been
> kipnapped by terrorists. She's been working in humanitarian causes for
> over 30 year for the Iraqi people and now they have taken her and will
> most likely execute her by beheading. Is this what has become of our once
> proud nation? A country of sitting ducks that does not care for our own
> citizens? I'm sickened to death and I feel our presence in Iraq is
> mindless not to mention evil. Let the Americans fight their own selfish
> war. Do you agree?
I am an Amerikan and I care about her. I've seen ALL the beheadings, and this is all f***ing Bush's fault. Damn him to HELL. Oh, sorry, this IS HELL.

> The world was not a dangerous place because of the IRA when you were
> younger. just Britain, well, Belfast and England to be precise.
> How dare Bush and Blair inflict their 'democratisation' on the world. Who
> says they are right? (I'm not saying they are wrong or right, just asking
> who says they are right?)
> You say they believe democracies will do business and be 'friendly' -
> exactly, so they can exploited and strip off their assests and do as they
> are told. Look at who Bush installed as in charge of Afghanistan, a former
> oil colleague who then signed up to the USA linking oil pipes from the
> Black Sea to the Indian Ocean right through Afghanistan. What's that got
> to do with bringing democracy to the Afghanies???????? f*** all. But to
> bush and his chums it was a great pay day.
> Dont give me this democracy nonsense. Please.

Yeah, you miss the point, I was just giving the IRA as an example, as I assume we are both in Britain. In my lifetime the USSR has invaded the soviet union, we have fought Argentia once, Iraq twice, plus countless other smaller struggles. When my dad was young we were in conflicts all over the world ad infinitum.

As far as this moore nonsense about oil pipes, that has everything to do with democracy and business. The two cannot be seperated for politicians.

What are your politics? anti-government?
You have told us all what you dont like, lets hear what you do like.

yes, you are right the more powerful will rip-off the poor, but that already happens, western democracies buy goods for pennies from poor countries and sell them at a premium.

The difference for afganistan is that there is a chance of making a few quid and having a better life.

Democracy isnt perfect, there is still weak and strong, but its a far superior system to any other. The dogmatic view of the media only tells a 10th of the story.

Michael Moore is a typical leftie, a fat rich guy , telling you the government is evil and the dictators are nice guys that should be left alone.

Saddam is the evil one, the hostage takers are responsible for the killing of the hostages, NOT Bush or Blair. We have to move away from the blame culture and the rights culture toward a culture of personal and societal responsibility. If Saddam was the worlds only superpower, what then? Be grateful that its Bush.

> My understanding is she has worked with CARE since 1991, but has lived in
> Iraq for 30 years because she married an Iraqi.

She's been working in humanitarian causes in Iraq long before 1991. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3756552.stm

But the fact that is even an issue for you is quite troublesome (and pathetic to be blunt).

> People like you, who give in to people like Zarqawi, make me puke.

Give in? Now that's a sad twisting of my post. Easy for you to do, however, you're not the one on the frontline of this debacle, and certainly you wouldn't have nanofraction of Margaret's courage and compassion to be there in the first place.

> No, the democratisation of Iraq is a just and worthy cause. Bush and Blair
> WILL be thought of as great statesmen in the future. Democracies dont tend
> to war with one another. A democratic Iraq=safer world. Secondly, this
> ludicrous outpouring of false emotion for hostages is simply offensive and
> degrades real grief. You might call it'diana syndrome'. People are
> murdered every day in EVERY country. The left wing media are responsible
> for the vile practice of showing hostages to further the cause with no
> regard for the victims families feelings. Most People work in Iraq for the
> vast sums of money offered, not for any moral reasons. They take the money
> and the risks. Now, Mrs Hassan is a good woman working for moral reasons.
> But heres a wake up call, the hostage takers couldnt care less!!! As for
> 'sitting ducks', we are not sitting ducks, but people that place
> themselves in war zones are at great risk. Thats common sense. Welcome to
> planet earth.

What a load of bollocks! This outpouring of "false grief" is more offensive than the unjust war that is causing all this grief in the first place? Let me guess, you're an American? You're a very unpopular American in your own country, most likely. Why is it that Morrissey fans in the UK are respectable lads while all his fans in America are tossers that no bird would ever like?

> I know you never mentioned WMD. Conveniently! The whole point of the war
> was the world wasn't a safer place because Saddam HAD WMD which everyone
> else knew he didnt have any!
> Democracies do not create a safer place. The world needs war to tick over.
> It keeps people in employment (the arms trade, the armed forces, the
> media, doctors etc etc). It is great at getting people to be fearful and
> willing to lose their own 'freedoms' in the very name of freedom.
> it keeps the population down and pushes the price of food and energy up.
> The capitalists love war as they are the beneficiaries of war.
> Ask Dubya and his mates who are coining it in.....
> September 11th was just the spark he needed to justify the whole thing.
Your last remark - Sept. 11th was the ONLY reason he needed to justify the whole thing. And now look. You're correct!

Back
Top Bottom