DALLAS Roll Call

Re: Dallas April 10 Meetup?

Punk Floyd...We will be hitting the Idle Rich pub on McKinney in uptown for fish and chips and beers...you and who ever else wants to is welcome to join us...

Punk Floyd...We will be hitting the Idle Rich pub on McKinney in uptown for fish and chips and beers...you and who ever else wants to is welcome to join us...

I'll be waiting outside the Palladium alllllllllllll daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay - but have fun!

I will see you guys there. Look for a guy wearing jeans and a black Morrissey shirt from You are the Quarry (Gothic letters).

So people actually show up to the Palladium at 8AM??? That's wild. Wouldn't you be pissed if Palladium-insiders already started congregating at stagefront and took the spots you'd been waiting 12 hours for? I have to work Friday. Sigh. General admission -- love it but you hate it. but mostly love it. :) Gonna go straight from work and hope for the best I guess.. :(

I'll be there.
Me and 4 friends.
We're staying at the Indigo.
Supposedly its only a couple of minutes away from the venue?

I will see you guys there. Look for a guy wearing jeans and a black Morrissey shirt from You are the Quarry (Gothic letters).

I have the same shirt - won't be wearing it, though. I had a silly shirt made in anticipation of getting up front again.

I'm going. I'm 19 and this is my first Morrissey show (I get goosebumps when I remind myself of that!). I was planning on getting in line at 7ish (in the morning), is that too late?

Before you guys answer, take into consideration I'm only 5'3 and if I'm not in the front row, I may as well be at home.

Edit

I've read the replies and I'm aware people are showing up at 8, but I figured better safe than sorry?

Last edited:
I'm going. I'm 19 and this is my first Morrissey show (I get goosebumps when I remind myself of that!). I was planning on getting in line at 7ish (in the morning), is that too late?

Before you guys answer, take into consideration I'm only 5'3 and if I'm not in the front row, I may as well be at home.

Edit

I've read the replies and I'm aware people are showing up at 8, but I figured better safe than sorry?

You can stand next to me as long as you DON'T steal any handshakes coming my way!

Again, last time I arrived around 9:20 a.m. and managed to get front row center. They opened the doors around 6:15 or so (of course, late arrivals tried to cut in ahead of us all day waiters), and they let people drink at the bar until around 7:00. I don't drink, so I just made sure someone held my general position at the entrance to the concert area and made my final visit to the restroom. When they let us go in there was a mad dash to the front. Wear comfortable shoes and be ready to run! I wore heavy boots last time because I figured my feet would get stomped on, but I tell you I was so sick of those boots by the end of the evening that I had to take them off and stand on them. Somehow they worked their way to opposite ends of the venue and I had to hunt them down after the show! This time I am wearing sneakers and won't take them off!

I will be there! One more week!:)

You can stand next to me as long as you DON'T steal any handshakes coming my way!

Again, last time I arrived around 9:20 a.m. and managed to get front row center. They opened the doors around 6:15 or so (of course, late arrivals tried to cut in ahead of us all day waiters), and they let people drink at the bar until around 7:00. I don't drink, so I just made sure someone held my general position at the entrance to the concert area and made my final visit to the restroom. When they let us go in there was a mad dash to the front. Wear comfortable shoes and be ready to run! I wore heavy boots last time because I figured my feet would get stomped on, but I tell you I was so sick of those boots by the end of the evening that I had to take them off and stand on them. Somehow they worked their way to opposite ends of the venue and I had to hunt them down after the show! This time I am wearing sneakers and won't take them off!

Hey man, you're on. Though this is my first Morrissey show, it isn't my first show period. I've waited in the rain at festivals before to see an artist I don't like anywhere near as much as Moz. I've gone to the palladium quite a few times and I've worn both boots and chucks; both suit me well. I have to admit I've done the very unladylike thing before and taken them off to jam. But I digress.

As I was saying, you're so on! I don't plan on drinking more than a bottle or two of water all day, but I'm hoping someone will be nice enough to hold my place while I go to the bathroom aha. Though I know some teachers of mine attending this show, none of my friends were willing to stand the sun for anyone not headlining the Warped Tour?

i will be going but wont be able to get up there untill around 5:00 :(

if memory serves me the line breaks up for over 21 you can wait inside at the bar.

I'll see you all there. I'll be the short-haired redhead in a silly light blue shirt with a cat on it. If anyone plans to wait in line all day and not at a pub before the show, you can PM me with contact info and I'll provide mine so we can know how to find each other (although I guess you can find me easily enough now - duh).

Does anyone know how one can get permission to wait in the bar area before the main hall doors open? My wife is 6 months pregnant and it would be nice to get in and be able to sit while we wait.

Does anyone know how one can get permission to wait in the bar area before the main hall doors open? My wife is 6 months pregnant and it would be nice to get in and be able to sit while we wait.

Last time they let in people over 21 to wait in the bar - I think it was about 6:15 or so. Of course, I was near the front of the line, having waited all day, so I don't really know what happened to the tail end of the line; I don't know if they went outside and called in people from the line who were 21 or older. No one was able to go in during the day before that. If we needed to use the facilities, we had to go to the Southside on Lamar complex.

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the info. We'll aim for 6 and hope for the best. Maybe we'll bring a foldout chair just in case for her. :)

I will be driving from Austin to Dallas and I hope to get there before noon. The earliest I've gotten in line was in OKC and that was before 9am and I was on the barrier. Good luck to everyone!

Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait

At this point it all depends upon when I can haul my lazy butt out of bed. If I can get my butt down there by 8 I will, but it might not be until 9.

Again, if anyone wants to exchange contact info, shoot me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom