chat mistakes

M

mully ully gue

Okay, if you're going to do a pop star chat, you ought to at least let us SEE which questions the man is answering. He would give answers but I would have no idea what he was talking about really. And Morrissey got lost in a sea of fan nonsense. It would have been better if the 'moderator' had chosen the best questions and let Moz write decent answers to them, instead of having that stupid free-for-all. He probably would have answered the same number of questions, anyway. I wanted to see what MORRISSEY had to say, not his fans!

> Okay, if you're going to do a pop star chat, you ought to at
> least let us SEE which questions the man is answering. He would
> give answers but I would have no idea what he was talking about
> really. And Morrissey got lost in a sea of fan nonsense.

The ones that the moderator chose to put through should've appeared in blue text. The plain black text is just fans babbling excitedly to each other.

My experience mirrors most people's at the chat: You can send a stream of questions to the moderator (different from just sending), but the moderator only picks a few of the safest, blandest ones to put up in blue. Sometimes Morrissey doesn't even answer the ones in blue. I asked what he last dreamt about (I dreamt about stew last night), and it appeared in blue. But I don't remember seeing the answer. Maybe it just scrolled on by. Figures that only my silliest questions would get through. I can see why it looks like a his fans are a bunch of idiots. We really aren't! It's just that all of our interesting questions are culled and censored without a chance!

> would have been better if the 'moderator' had chosen the best
> questions and let Moz write decent answers to them, instead of
> having that stupid free-for-all. He probably would have answered
> the same number of questions, anyway. I wanted to see what
> MORRISSEY had to say, not his fans!

Again, I don't think Morrissey had an inkling of the truly interesting questions out there. Maybe he did and wallowed in the luxury of not having to answer any questions that would be remotely difficult.

Also, just because you don't see Morrissey physically in the KROQ building doesn't mean that you can say he wasn't with us online. What's the point of doing the online thing if he necessarily has to show up at KROQ's offices/studios again?

One response I found very strange was given to my question about why Morrissey agreed to do this online chat session given his previous statements about the internet and the KROQ poll which quite demeaning to him. The response "Morrissey" gave seemed to indicate that he was unaware of KROQ's involvement in the chat and asked if I were Richard Blade. Doh, the utter humiliation of being mistaken for Richard Blade!!

What I found frustrating was that I sent in a remotely tough question about Moz working with David Bowie again. Moz, wrote me back asking exactly what I meant by it. When I then wrote a rsponse for his question the moderator never even put it up. I then kept sending more and more questions in, but they never appeared. They could have at least put them up -- even if he doesn't answer them.
Also, I wanted to look at the other chat rooms since there were about 400 of us wanting to talk to him. I couldn't get to another room! The Java program that KROQ has wouldn't work.

Back
Top Bottom