Birth Control Side Effects

not for the easily offended or safe for work or kiddies.. (altho it is an advert)
aides1.jpg
haha! i quite like that :)

Reminds me of the notebook of penis art in Superbad. I almost stopped breathing during that scene because I was laughing so hard.

That was one of the funniest things about the movie! I haven't laughed during a movie that hard since.

Nothing at all, but it's good to have a back-up. Sometimes they break.
...and other times, the boy-wonder may not bother hanging on an'll just leave it inside you...yeah.
It was a special joy booking that clinic appointment.:rolleyes: And when my mother spied the receipt for "foreign object removal"...she did not even deign to ask.:o:p It was long ago; I know better now:) ...that there's no one in the picture.

Btw, I have like...every symptom of PCOS except pain and true obesity- and my blood tests came back "not abnormal", so I don't know what's up. Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter for the moment.

Birth control is such a crap shoot - sooo lame, haha.

So... do you know anyone who decided to switch to condoms after reading this?

Yasmin Birth Control Pill Cited in Australian Death

A young woman taking the Yasmin birth control pill along with Accutane to combat acne has apparently died as a result of the contraceptive. The 24-year-old Australian woman died on Monday from a pulmonary embolism, just four months after she was prescribed the birth control pill.

... Women taking Accutane are advised to used birth control while on the drug because of its high risk of birth defects. Yasmin is one of the contraceptives recommended for women on Accutane. Yasmin itself is not approved to treat acne, but is often used off-label for this purpose.

The consumer advocacy group Public Citizen lists both Yasmin and Accutane on its “Worst Pills List”. Yasmin garnered that distinction because it can increase blood levels of potassium, and is no more effective than other oral contraceptives in preventing pregnancy. Accutane made Public Citizen’s list because of the numerous serious side effects related to its use.

Actually, I've heard a lot more bad things about Accutane. Birth control pills always carry some sort of risk.

But it shouldn't have anything to do with blood clotting, right?

I'm not sure and I won't pretend to know. I've only heard of it's psychological side effects, and thought that maybe they had other side effects as well.

Birth control pills are known to cause blood clots.

Probably many people panic after things like this hit the news. I've read things like "why risk my life because I might get pregnant, if I get pregnant I'll have an abortion" :rolleyes:

Birth control pills are known to cause blood clots.

The problem is, your doctor doesn't bother to check you for that when prescribing the pills. At least not here. That's why I had to stop taking them after 7 years...:rolleyes:

The problem is, your doctor doesn't bother to check you for that when prescribing the pills. At least not here. That's why I had to stop taking them after 7 years...:rolleyes:

Did you get a bloodclot? :eek:

They don't check you for that here either. Texas has very bad medical care.

Did you get a bloodclot? :eek:

They don't check you for that here either. Texas has very bad medical care.

I doubt it's routinely done anywhere. You would probably have to push for it yourself, otherwise it's accepted that healthy young non-smokers can start taking pills without prior testing.

yep. I had to stop taking one (co-cyprindiol) which I was given as a contraceptive but also to clear up my acne after 4 or 5 months after I started to feel constantly unwell and a nurse friend told me to go to the doctor because she thought I might have an aneurysm. The doctor told me to stop taking them on the spot, and as soon as I did, I started to feel better. My teaching assistant at school had a stroke during the holidays (in her mid 40s), which I would say is down to her still being on the pill, despite her age, the fact she was a heavy smoker and had high blood pressure.
Also, I have to say the implant has now settled down nicely, and seems to be working well for us! Every day, I feel relieved at not having to take it!

I hate the pill. I would never take it again. In my case I felt low & not my usual self, I felt sluggish, and I was worried about blood clots. So depressed was I at one point I wanted to throw myself off a bridge. Another friend wanted to put her head in a gas oven. A friend of mine has just had an operation to remove her gall-bladder due to gall stones caused by being on the pill for 12 years. Admittedly, she never took a break from them, as she should have done. Along with that is the skin pigmentation which sometimes occurs called the pregnancy mask.

I like to read a lot about the pill. It is something which interests me.

I do have friends for whom the pill works fine however. I don't mean to alarm; but it wasn't for me.

Tags
birth control catch 22 loestrin24 medical
Back
Top Bottom