Billy Fury

H

hazard

I wonder if Morrissey has seen this. In the UK, the rather little known Billy Fury song, Wondrous Place, has now been emortalised on television. It's now sharing the limelight on a car advertisement.

It's so sad - to start with, for a few days, the car advert even appeared on screen without any of the vocals, just the melody. Amazing how the concept of television can ruin such a lovely song, by plastering it behind some imported car advert. At least, in the end, they now have Fury's vocals included. Let's hope that his lovely songs are given a better audience in future - I'd always hoped, and believed, that Morrissey would cover eventually cover one of his songs and give it the kind of recognition they deserve. Can't get you out of my head.

> I wonder if Morrissey has seen this. In the UK, the rather¿ little known Billy Fury song, Wondrous Place, has now been¿ emortalised on television. It's now sharing the limelight on a¿ car advertisement.¿ It's so sad - to start with, for a few days, the car advert even¿ appeared on screen without any of the vocals, just the melody.¿ Amazing how the concept of television can ruin such a lovely¿ song, by plastering it behind some imported car advert. At¿ least, in the end, they now have Fury's vocals included. Let's¿ hope that his lovely songs are given a better audience in future¿ - I'd always hoped, and believed, that Morrissey would cover¿ eventually cover one of his songs and give it the kind of¿ recognition they deserve. Can't get you out of my head.

Oh, this is so very sad especially when you know that Paint a vulgar picture is about Billy Fury.

"At the record company meeting
on their hands - at last! - a dead star!
but they cannot taint you in my eyes
no, they cannot touch you now"

so many illustrations

> Oh, this is so very sad especially when you know that Paint a¿ vulgar picture is about Billy Fury.¿ "At the record company meeting¿ on their hands - at last! - a dead star!¿ but they cannot taint you in my eyes¿ no, they cannot touch you now"

I think I read an interview where Moz said it was about Marc Bolan.

Back
Top Bottom