Best Boz/Moz song since (the year) 2000

Best Moz/Boz song since (the year) 2000

• Total voters
On a limb as ever....Thats How People Grow Up - cos it rawks!

Great comments from King Leer. I too went for Christian Dior but could’ve chosen Paris or Black Cloud (never known a Moz song to grow on me so much).

But am I the only person on Planet Earth who can’t flipping stand 'Come Back To Camden'? The synth strings are horrible. The lyrics are ludicrously clichéd (taxi drivers who never stop talking? There’s a thing!). The piano just plods and plods. The ‘I’ll be good line’ is childish and unfunny. Moz’s grammar is dreadful. I can’t stand it when people say ‘I’ when it should be ‘me’. It smacks of trying to be gramatically superior when you’re actually being a dim-witted buffoon. Then there's the clumsiness of the line 'discoloured, dark brown staircase'.
The whole thing is just ... yuck!

I listened to Christian Dior on repeat when I first had it on my mp3 player.

And I do not like Come Back To Camden either. What I have been thinking of are these "Victorian skies" that are mentioned in the song. Is it possible that the scene described is set at Victorian times and that the linguistic features that make you dislike the song would have been used by a person who lived at the time?

Not at all -- I've long been a vocal supporter of this little gem (and have requested it several times on Jose's radio show).

What I mentioned earlier about the "prettiness" (there's that word) that Boz is capable of is so evident in this wistful piano-led track. Love singing along to this one.

Yes the late 80s and 90s were golden but we've been spoiled this decade, too!

Aaargh! So it's just me who thinks The Public Image is an absolute gem? Vote with your hearts, folks, vote with your hearts, and make The Public Image the top song.

Peter

Voted I'm not sorry because it's just a great and beautiful song - I never get tired of it :thumb:

Paris & Camden make the top 3!

His best EVER has to be Jack the Ripper:thumb: (but that's for another thread ;))

J'adore Dior, and I also especially love I'm Not Sorry, That's How People Grow Up and Black Cloud ...

But Paris is so wistful and melodic and I hear it playing in stores and it sounds SO GOOD. It just sweeps you up....so that's my vote.

I have to add "Honey, You Know Where to Find Me" is one of the greatest songs ever written, even though it was obviously written before 2000.

Back
Top Bottom