Ben Folds

gaz217

What does everbody else think of him? I've listened to his first album "Songs for Silverman" and i love it. My favourite track is either Landed or Gracie. Gracie is absolutely beautiful.

I think he's very good.

My only problem with him is that he'll be in the middle of a good song and then he'll do something just stupid which stops the natural flow almost of the song. That's probably not the best way of explaining it but I'm not sure how else to put it.

"Rockin' The Suburbs" was actually his first solo album, but if you're looking for something really great pickup "The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Mesner" by Ben Folds Five. "Don't Change Your Plans" has to be one of my all-time favorite songs.

"Brick" is one of my all-time favourite ever tunes! :D And (no doubt I will be slated for this) I LOVED his work on the William Shatner album, "Has Been". Seriously, the naff cover version of "Common People" aside, that LP is full of beutiful musical pieces and incredibley dry, witty, self-deprecating lyrics from ol' Cap Kirk.

Back
Top Bottom