Behind the Scenes of the Recording of WPINOYB

You actually believe there were daily haircuts? More than likely something has been lost in translation. Perhaps daily styling, shaves, so on and so forth. It's pretty evident Morrissey no longer possesses a crown of glory that could support a daily trim.

Hairdresser on fire?

Ooh I'm going on a cycling holiday round St Remy de Provence next month, how exciting :)

Cool! You'll find the countryside is really lovely. Go see the Alpilles and the mini-Pompeii of Glanum, is my tip. (Nostradamus was born there as well, but nothing much to see.)

Cool! You'll find the countryside is really lovely. Go see the Alpilles and the mini-Pompeii of Glanum, is my tip. (Nostradamus was born there as well, but nothing much to see.)

Cheers. Getting Eurostar to Avignon and then cycling 30-40 miles a day. Only for a week. Not my idea I hasten to add.....I'm sure my idea of a good holiday used to be getting wrecked in Ibiza.

That sounds wonderful!! Enjoy your cycle trip. I was in Avignon a few months ago. Believe it or not I didn't like it. I was bored. Maybe I didn't see the best part of the French Countryside but as Americans, we are always rushed with our 1 week holidays. I couldn't wait to get back to the buzz of Paris.

Cheers. Getting Eurostar to Avignon and then cycling 30-40 miles a day. Only for a week. Not my idea I hasten to add.....I'm sure my idea of a good holiday used to be getting wrecked in Ibiza.

One other thing mentioned in the article that is also quite interesting: apparently the voice parts were recorded only once at the beginning, over the demos as a guide to the musicians. When it was time to record them a second time Morrissey did not want to do it (the article does not suggest he was being a brat about it just that he had given everything that first time & that there was nothing to improve in a second round).

Inrockuptibles gossip..

In the las Irockuptibles mag we learn about this recording :

He sing behind a black curtain - picture of him half naked were all over the studio - he drink a lot (not a news) - the musician must have an haircut every morning like himself before recording - he was not concern at all about technical things -

Re: Inrockuptibles gossip..

He sing behind a black curtain - picture of him half naked were all over the studio - he drink a lot (not a news) - the musician must have an haircut every morning like himself before recording - he was not concern at all about technical things -

This has been covered. We know he's a drinker, I doubt the haircut story and perhaps the half naked photos were the Your Arsenal albums scattered around?

'pictues of him half naked were all over the studio' ~ in other words, this ~

Bh4jIzSIAAAJl5I.jpg:large

Copies of the 'Your Arsenal' Definitive Master LP were liberally sprinkled around the studio. Odd? Probably. But hardly of Jimmy Saville proportions.

Just the facts ma'am :rolleyes:

I know for a fact that I'm more creative and productive when I've sprinkled my workspace with half-naked pictures of Morrissey. It's just science!

If you are going to have a photo of Morrissey around, that's the one you should have.

After reading that Boz did that clarinet solo in Oboe Concerto in one take, I'm impressed. :cool:

Do you have a link? Would love to read this in the original.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom