Atlantic City, NJ - House of Blues at Showboat Atlantic City (Jan. 12, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Let Me Kiss You / Action Is My Middle Name / Black Cloud / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / First Of The Gang To Die / November Spawned A Monster / Meat Is Murder

set list provided by FROSTY

• Photos - Morrissey live at the House of Blues in Atlantic City, NJ (109 total) by Elizabeth V. Bouras - flickr. Link posted by sistinas (original post).

atlantic_city.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Atlantic City, NJ - House of Blues at Showboat Atlantic City (Jan. 12, 2

That has to be the the most AWFUL version of ouiji board I have ever heard !!! Christ all-mighty its become a heavy-metal song !!! Its nothing like the original song and its nothing like how it used to be played live. It sounds like they're playing in need of strong painkillers. Jessie are you trying to make the fans ears bleed.
If I turned up to work and produced shit like that I would get fired. You lot must be brain-washed with money to burn, if your happy with this standard of playing then you are easily pleased. Fail fail fail !! (There you go Moz I've given you a song to write now)

Are you one of those guys who thinks the studio version is the ONLY version that should exist? Boring. I bet you eat the same cereal every morning and have for 40 years. Have some pancakes tomorrow.

Re: Article: Atlantic City, NJ - House of Blues at Showboat Atlantic City (Jan. 12, 2

Don't forget to just relax and enjoy the show. ;) Unless you looooooove capturing, some people just do I think.
you're right ! seeing a show through a camera is well..not good ,but it's Moz !

Are you one of those guys who thinks the studio version is the ONLY version that should exist? Boring. I bet you eat the same cereal every morning and have for 40 years. Have some pancakes tomorrow.

Are you one of those who posts a reply before reading the whole post through (I seem to remember I noted studio AND live versions and NOT studio only as you have stated) Anyway I have give it another viewing and in my opinion Jesse is playing it like Simon Hinkler (The Mission) used to play the solo piece in the live version of
Butterfly on a wheel. Simon was fantastic axe man by the way with The Mission (Heavy Gothic). So it maybe that Jessie is better suited to being in a rock band with his style of playing which does'nt compliment any of Morrissey's golden oldie classics.
Cereal ? Your havin a laugh are'nt ya !!!! Full English with Bacon, Eggs and Suasages etc and I even put my own salt on, Mmm yum yum. Never mind all that death for no reason hogwash, try it it'll put hairs on yer chest.
Remember 'Thou shalt not worship false Gods' Steven Morrissey is JUST a popstar, learn to think for yourself its good for you.

Are you one of those who posts a reply before reading the whole post through (I seem to remember I noted studio AND live versions and NOT studio only as you have stated) Anyway I have give it another viewing and in my opinion Jesse is playing it like Simon Hinkler (The Mission) used to play the solo piece in the live version of
Butterfly on a wheel. Simon was fantastic axe man by the way with The Mission (Heavy Gothic). So it maybe that Jessie is better suited to being in a rock band with his style of playing which does'nt compliment any of Morrissey's golden oldie classics.
Cereal ? Your havin a laugh are'nt ya !!!! Full English with Bacon, Eggs and Suasages etc and I even put my own salt on, Mmm yum yum. Never mind all that death for no reason hogwash, try it it'll put hairs on yer chest.
Remember 'Thou shalt not worship false Gods' Steven Morrissey is JUST a popstar, learn to think for yourself its good for you.

UPDATE :- Jesse Tobias/ Wikipedia = All is now crystal clear now.

Are you kidding? I love bacon, I just don't eat it anymore. Morningstar makes an EXCELLENT fake bacon, btw.

Also the analysis of Jesse's playing is fair, he is Morrissey's axe man. I kinda love the translation of his old tinkly work into heavy rawk. I was listening to the song Xmas Steps by Mogwai and in the middle it reminded me of when Solomon would lull the crowd before One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell and I thought, "That's such an EXCELLENT sound. I LOVE the direction the band is taking the music." It's f***ing sexy and rough that juxtaposes nicely as Morrissey sings about delicate things.

You definitely got that last part way mixed up. I was part of that 6...would have been 8 but my fiance being 5'2,we decided to fade back....I'll admit, we wanted to get close so they just went for it. He didn't get knocked out, he knocked out an apparent asshole who was pretty much annoying that whole area for a good 20 minutes. I'm not one for sudden violence but the guy deserved it...end of story. Hate the fact it was at a Morrissey concert but this guy was apart of the many drunken scumbag audience that showed up. My friend was being thanked after the fact and then well after the show to a point he had a few people buying him a drink. It was unfortunate that a "tough guy " had to be handled but it was necessary.

I for one had a great time. Seen morrissey many times...seen better shows but this one was fun. Do prefer smaller intimate venues for an artist such as Morrissey though.

So... because your friend knocked out some jerk it was totally OK and acceptable to push forward in a crowd who stood for HOURS to get their places??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? You honestly think that's ok. I dont care what your friend did - he's a total asshole (along with whoever else was with him). You just dont do that. Dont you think we ALL would try that if it wasnt completely rude and horribly SELFISH?????

Seemed to me that the band members walked to the front more often this show than those I've seen in the past. I enjoy hearing new takes on older songs.

Have to aadmit, was a bit let down by the sudden ending, but I thought Moz sounded fantastic. His sense of humor and facial expressions crack us up. We were standing behind a giant of a man that must have eaten something awful that day as the smells coming out (coincided w/Black Cloud which had us in fits of giggles) were difficult to withstand. I have loved every Moz show we've gone to and will continue to enjoy until our last show in Vegas. Quite a difficult tour I would think, but I certainly appreciate the smaller venues, the voice, the band and the memories.

Viva

well you're too kind , no ..you really are (my lame imitation)

Ha, love it !
In my head today: "Well...I tried to shake your hand, say Hello,.... BUT.... No...NO, NO, NO, NOOO"
Hope for good banter and lyric improvs tonite !! 2 more hours = CB !! :D

I am dying to hear how the show was! I will be going to Reading, PA to see him Friday and am hoping it will as good as the shows I have seen from the videos you have posted :)

Does anyone went to the after show party? Did Morrissey and the band go??

Does anyone went to the after show party? Did Morrissey and the band go??

yeah the after party was sweet. Me and Moz were hangin out at the Irish pub doing jagerbombs and pounding Heineken's. Dude you missed it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom