At the end of the song does the Stepchild..

D

Danny

..kill her mother or kill herself?

What do you all think?

> ..kill her mother or kill herself?

> What do you all think?

I'm guessing kills herself as she says "mumma don't miss me" alluding to her being the one that is leaving the mother. Also she is looking up at the sky and saying "just as birds fly, so shall I" maybe going to heaven?

> I'm guessing kills herself as she says "mumma don't miss me"
> alluding to her being the one that is leaving the mother. Also she is
> looking up at the sky and saying "just as birds fly, so shall I"
> maybe going to heaven?

Yes but she says the "motherless birds fly high, and so shall I" so thats what makes me think she kills her mum too, so she can fly high without her.

She is a total psycho remember, brutally killing her dad because of the way he eats his food.

> I'm guessing kills herself as she says "mumma don't miss me"
> alluding to her being the one that is leaving the mother. Also she is
> looking up at the sky and saying "just as birds fly, so shall I"
> maybe going to heaven?

As with most Morrissey lyrics it can be interpretted either way. The "just as motherless birds fly high, so shall I" line could just as easily mean that she'd be less constrained without her mother, and that she'd become 'motherless' through killing her mother. There is no right or wrong answer really.

it isn't the way he chews his food, he obviously abuses her. and SHE dies not her mother, which is why 'there's noone in heaven' to meet her.

> it isn't the way he chews his food, he obviously abuses her. and SHE dies
> not her mother, which is why 'there's noone in heaven' to meet her.

Yes, it's obvious that he sexually abuses her. You can tell by the lines "No one to warm me, no hand to touch me". He has obviously touched her where he shuldn't, it also goes with the line "He says 'I'm sorry' and he dies". He begs for forgiveness for abusing her. I too believe she kills herself, not her mother, even though I begin to doubt now after the question has been raised. But I think she committs suicide.

I think it's all in her head. There's nothing in the song that suggests he abuses her other than her paranoia. It's Morrissey trying to see it from the psychopath's point of view like with Jack the Ripper.

Totally agree. I thought this as soon as I heard the title, before even reading a lyric.

Back
Top Bottom