Article: Las Vegas (Feb. 9) and Phoenix (Feb. 10) to be rescheduled due to doctor's o

From the official Morrissey Facebook page:

Due to doctor’s orders, the upcoming engagements with MORRISSEY in Las Vegas on Sat Feb 9 and in Phoenix on Sun Feb 10 will need to be rescheduled. MORRISSEY is currently undergoing treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett’s esophagus. These shows are in the process of being rescheduled immediately and all patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as the new dates will be announced within the coming days. MORRISSEY thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes during this time and hopes for a speedy recovery. The tour will resume as scheduled in El Paso at Tricky Falls on Feb 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Las Vegas (Feb. 9) and Phoenix (Feb. 10) to be rescheduled due to doctor

"I am fully determined to resume the tour on February 9 at the Chelsea Ballroom in Las Vegas. If there's an audience of any kind in attendance, I just might die with a smile on my face, after all. If I am not there, I shall probably never again be anywhere."

Well, he did write that... :tears::tears::tears:

I wanted to say, "don't be dramatic". How can I, though, when he wrote that in a statement? I know people see the wit in the gloom and doom of his letter, but it's laced with sadness, too.

So, I'm sorry for being dramatic. Morrissey has been such a huge part of our lives for so long, some of us for a really long time, and I can't imagine not looking forward to tour dates or statements or interviews or new songs...

Oh, well...I just want to see the boy healthy.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Las Vegas (Feb. 9) and Phoenix (Feb. 10) to be rescheduled due to doctor

I knew it was over.

People he has sung his last live song.

Farewell Morrissey it's sad it had to end this way

If only we could say the same for you

I knew it was over.

Farewell Morrissey it's sad it had to end this way

Another troll making a bid for mod status.

turn to me baby

Since this schedule came out, I've taken more shifts, worked 6 sometimes 7 days/wk to make extra $$ so my son & I could go to Vegas from the East Coast for his b'day. We were still lucky enough to see him at several venues this time in NY, NJ & PA. I'm sorry to hear Mozza is 'still ill', hope he gives this the care and rest it deserves and especially takes as much time as needed to become healthy again. Too many tour dates - very grueling for someone half his age.

I am, however, thankful Morrissey's words and music have been something my son & I been able to and will share for many years to come.

We look forward to the next show, although a bit disappointed we won't see Moz & the lads by the pool in their speedos.

Jane

:( Poor Morrissey. This is so worrying. I hope he's going to be alright. I know it takes time, though.

How ironic it's just been on sky news that Kate Middleton is back in the public eye on royal duties.

If only we could say the same for you

The rest of the tour will be cancelled on Friday after Morrissey's next Dr. appointment. It is very unlikely he will reschedule these shows as he will be subject to on-going test and treatment in the UK.

Distressing to be sure. He's probably already undergone an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy with a biopsy; that's alarming for anyone, but for a singer it's particularly daunting.

Any abnormalities that affect the upper gastrointestinal tract can affect the voice. I hope that his medical team is giving him sound advice and that he follows it absolutely. He's going to have to make some serious adjustments if he wishes to continue in fighting form.

All the best to Morrissey - he is irreplaceable.

The rest of the tour will be cancelled on Friday after Morrissey's next Dr. appointment. It is very unlikely he will reschedule these shows as he will be subject to on-going test and treatment in the UK.

So, you not only know his private medical information but you can also see into the future?

Distressing to be sure. He's probably already undergone an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy with a biopsy; that's alarming for anyone, but for a singer it's particularly daunting.

Not just the prospect of a biopsy and whatever the results may be, but the aftereffects of the procedure itself kind of suck.

I had an endoscopy in May. It was outpatient but I was put under and they biopsied me in three places (don't know if that's typical or not). I was in and out of the hospital within two hours, so it wasn't a grueling procedure but the thing that surprised me was how much irritation I felt from the biopsies. It kicked in the day after the procedure and lingered for the better part of a week. I wouldn't call it pain, but I was definitely sore -- my throat, my chest, my stomach -- and to a degree that couldn't be ignored by way of distraction. Low level, but annoying.

Once again, nothing major but add those unexpected minor irritations to what Morrissey is already going through and I'm not surprised more dates have been given the kibosh.

We look forward to the next show, although a bit disappointed we won't see Moz & the lads by the pool in their speedos.

This tour schedule has me thinking images more along the line of Morrissey BEING the pool from the movie Cocoon and all the old folks sapping his precious voice to relive their youth.

Rest, Morrissey. :sweet:

Is that you Ambitious insider ? You predicted all this did'nt you. Keep us informed.

i knew it was over.

Farewell morrissey it's sad it had to end this way

stfu!

Somebody better call Ticketmaster and tell them, I just got this:

8447355307_a8327ac84a.jpg

As per his statement last week, I guess this means he'll never be anywhere again.

Somebody better call Ticketmaster and tell them, I just got this:

8447355307_a8327ac84a.jpg

Oh no !! Thats horrible its the fisting piccy again

Is that you Ambitious insider ? You predicted all this did'nt you. Keep us informed.

You will have to wait until Friday to see if my prediction come true

Hi Lindsey, I'm very worried and upset about what has happened to Morrissey. I am praying that he will be well again soon. Life seems so unfair.:(

By the way Lindsey did you get my private message to you?

Hi Lindsey, I'm very worried and upset at what has happened to Morrissey. I am praying that he will be well again soon. Life seems so unfair.:(

By the way Lindsey to you get my private message to you?
Yes I have

Back
Top Bottom