are men who f*** "whores" just as bad as the "whores" themselves?

For free? Are you absolutely sure? :p Theo would disagree.

Anyway, here's the incriminating article:

A heterosexual community can be analyzed as a marketplace in which men seek to acquire sex from women by offering other resources in exchange. Societies will therefore define gender roles as if women are sellers and men buyers of sex. Societies will endow female sexuality, but not male sexuality, with value (as in virginity, fidelity, chastity).

http://www.carlsonschool.umn.edu/Assets/71503.pdf

Looks like an interesting article!

There is also the Lévi Strauss gift exchange theory:

"According to The Elementary Structures of Kinship, the object of exchange that both consolidates and differentiates kinship relations is women, given as gifts from one patrilineal clan to another through the institution of marriage. The bride, the gift, the object of exchange constitutes "a sign and a value" that opens a channel of exchange that not only serves the functional purpose of facilitating trade but performs the symbolic or ritualistic purpose of consolidating the the internal bonds, the collective identity, of each clan differentiated through the act."

From Gender Trouble by Judith Butler

For free? Are you absolutely sure? :p Theo would disagree.

Anyway, here's the incriminating article:

A heterosexual community can be analyzed as a marketplace in which men seek to acquire sex from women by offering other resources in exchange. Societies will therefore define gender roles as if women are sellers and men buyers of sex. Societies will endow female sexuality, but not male sexuality, with value (as in virginity, fidelity, chastity).

http://www.carlsonschool.umn.edu/Assets/71503.pdf

There are traditional methods in which men try to get women to sleep with them and then there are alternative methods.

I will admit that I only skimmed the article but from what I read it appears that this article is written from a traditional point of view.

There are other ways to go about building a comfort level between a man and a woman so that the only exchange between both parties is sex and this has absolutely nothing to do with exchanging sex for material things or money. In fact, if the male plays his cards right, he can actually get the woman to be the primary giver in the entire sequence of events that lead to sex. It depends on how he displays his value.

If for example, Morrissey wanted to have sex with someone here, he wouldn't have to really give very much. His current status allow him to get women into bed because his value is much higher than theirs. He may not choose to do so but we all know he could.

Men with the right understanding of the male/female dynamic can guide the perceived value (perception is reality) of himself and the female's value relative to his such that she will have a much higher desire for him than she does for the typical guy.

Men typically give far too much of themselves because they believe that will lead to them being rewarded by women when in fact, the opposite is generally true. Women are used to men giving them whatever they want. Men who generally follow rather counter-intuitive concepts will in fact end up better off than the placating chump who gives away everything he has and ends up empty handed as the woman of his desire walks away with some guy that is in his mind a total arsehole.

The guy isn't an arsehole. He just understands the dynamics that create attraction compared to actions that make him look weak, flaccid and very beta. A lot of guys think he is an arsehole because he's not blowing sun up the woman's porthole but in reality he is creating a challenge for the woman. He understands that women actually want sex and that every night women are going home and sleeping with guys they met that night. Instead of being the loser guy that tries to buy her into his bed he reverses the roles so that the woman is trying to get the guy to sleep with her. The guys that buy women drinks are not the same guys getting laid. The guys getting laid are the ones that are making the women buy them drinks.

Another thing about this article that makes it hard to really take seriously is that many of the citations in it are pretty old. I agree that the premise that sex is a commodity that women control is something that many people believe to be true. However, I disagree that it has to be that way. It is that way because too many men have no idea to turn themselves into the commodity. The article fails to mention that women have an innate desire to find a mate that will help them reproduce. This desire can be exploited. Even protected sex (condoms, pill, etc) is still driven by biological desires to reproduce. These inherent desires can be brought to the fore so that a woman WANTS to have sex so much so that it loses it no longer becomes an exchange for anything other than sex.

I think the article was written by someone who has slept with about 3 people.

After a closer look at the article I don't find it as interesting as it first appeared. I am sure you can put most things into an economic perspective but it leaves the most important questions unanswered: How are these gender roles constituted? Why do society see female sexuality as a commodity more valuable than male sexuality? How did women get robbed of their right to sexual desire?

Anyway, it is changing now, isn't it? Now that women are getting better educated and make more money the new "metrosexual" man has appeared as a sexual object for the woman to "buy".

Very good points you make there, bored and lnathan. Men can be commodity too; not just nowadays, there was a very fierce competition for eligible bachelors even in Jane Austin's time!

What this article does help explain, however, is where the stud/slut double standard stems from, and why non-virgins were/are considered damaged goods in traditional cultures.

As for your questions, you might as well ask why patriarchy is the dominant (or more precisely the only) model of organizing human societies. When I find that out, I'll feel like the universe holds no more secrets for me :p

No offense, but I find your post kinda judgmental. Not about the guy, he is an ass. But calling everyone that really really enjoys sex a whore or a skank is very immature. It's bad enough theres a double standard against women that are very sexually active, but to be so broad in your name calling is not the right attitude to have.

What!!! EOH is immature for being responsible and PICKY??? Immature are the people who just f*** anyone for pleasure. and EOH meant both guys and girls are whores/sluts/skanks/tramps/bitches when they have promiscious sex... BOTH sexes..... YW!

If someone is going to act all "sexual" and shit... then they should at least OWN UP to them being slutty.... why get all defensive when they are making this choice??? If someone acts like a slut, then they ARE a slut. :cool:

I used to respond in a fairly scathing manner to propositions from strangers, but now I just ask the silly men to go to Tridentine Mass with me instead. So far, no takers. I guess I'm not "hot" enough. :rolleyes: But it's a strange old world when chastity is considered obscene, is it not?

Very Strange :(

What!!! EOH is immature for being responsible and PICKY??? Immature are the people who just f*** anyone for pleasure. and EOH meant both guys and girls are whores/sluts/skanks/tramps/bitches when they have promiscious sex... BOTH sexes..... YW!

If someone is going to act all "sexual" and shit... then they should at least OWN UP to them being slutty.... why get all defensive when they are making this choice??? If someone acts like a slut, then they ARE a slut. :cool:

But the words whore, slut, skank, tramp, and bitch are demeaning terms used against people, mostly women. And using those terms universally between men and women, does not make them any better. If people want to have promiscuous sex, let them. It's none of our business really. You don't have to belittle them by calling them a skank bitch, putting yourself in the same category as the asshole Nugz was referring to in the beginning of this thread. All you'd be doing is calling people names and being highly judgmental. The only difference is that you hopefully are not as much of a hypocrite as that guy.

EDIT: Doesn't it hurt you when people make celibacy out to be a joke? I used to think it was pointless to be celibate, but now I respect other peoples decisions involving their own sex lives. You should too.

Last edited:
But the words whore, slut, skank, tramp, and bitch are demeaning terms used against people, mostly women. And using those terms universally between men and women, does not make them any better. If people want to have promiscuous sex, let them. It's none of our business really. You don't have to belittle them by calling them a skank bitch, putting yourself in the same category as the asshole Nugz was referring to in the beginning of this thread. All you'd be doing is calling people names and being highly judgmental. The only difference is that you hopefully are not as much of a hypocrite as that guy.

EDIT: Doesn't it hurt you when people make celibacy out to be a joke? I used to think it was pointless, but now I respect other peoples decisioninvolving their sex lives. You should too.

Nope, it doesn't hurt.
Here's an example of what EOH gets from some people on an almost daily basis here online.......

"Danniboi Take your Silver asshat, glitter f***tards, WW assholery and f***in' cram it. Then, book a vacation on Fire Island and get you virgin bunghole f***ED. Once you have been plundered, none of this dumb horseshit will matter to you anymore. "

Lol Things only hurt when one is ashamed of something, since EOH is proud of this, it only makes him laugh.

Last edited:
Nope, it doesn't hurt.
Here's an example of what EOH gets from some people on and almost daily basis here online.......

"Danniboi Take your Silver asshat, glitter f***tards, WW assholery and f***in' cram it. Then, book a vacation on Fire Island and get you virgin bunghole f***ED. Once you have been plundered, none of this dumb horseshit will matter to you anymore. "

Lol Things only hurt when one is ashamed of something, since EOH is proud of this, it only makes him laugh.

So it's perfectly fine to be an asshole as long as you're not guilty about it? Makes sense. Why don't we all treat each other like complete shit for our personal decisions from now on, because clearly it wouldn't bother you at all.

EDIT: Doesn't it hurt you when people make celibacy out to be a joke? I used to think it was pointless to be celibate, but now I respect other peoples decisions involving their own sex lives. You should too.

I think it depends why.
I it is truly a choice then there is nothing wrong with it.

If someone is celibate because they just haven't been able to get any and then goes and starts calling themselves celibate as some sort of way to comfort themselves then it's a problem.

I wouldn't consider it to be a joke either way but it should be noted that there are times where people use it in a way that limits themselves.

incognito, ms. c.? is something afoot?

do you smoke?

Second wave of layoffs, this one unannounced. I'm testing the wisdom of, "If they can't find you, they can't fire you." Wish me luck! :eek:

Nope, don't smoke. You? I'd do a thread on vices, but I have to run...voices in the corridor! :tears:

Second wave of layoffs, this one unannounced. I'm testing the wisdom of, "If they can't find you, they can't fire you." Wish me luck! :eek:

crumbs!

Nope, don't smoke. You? I'd do a thread on vices, but I have to run...voices in the corridor! :tears:

this, then, is probably an opportune time to let you know that It was the opinion of the poet Calverley, expressed in his immortal 'Ode To Tobacco', that there is no heaviness of the soul which will not vanish beneath the influence of a quiet smoke.

Back
Top Bottom