ants in flat

sistasheila

tjekket
i have found ants in my flat eww thanks to some vegtables i recently bought... i love animals but when it comes to ants in my flat..no thats where the animal love stops

anybody know how to get rid of them i didnt wanna use that insect spray since i dont find the source where they re coming from anyway ? any tips how to get rid of them

i have found ants in my flat eww thanks to some vegtables i recently bought... i love animals but when it comes to ants in my flat..no thats where the animal love stops

anybody know how to get rid of them i didnt wanna use that insect spray since i dont find the source where they re coming from anyway ? any tips how to get rid of them

I just read somewhere that you can mix white vinegar and water in a 50% solution and put it in a spray bottle, then spray it where the ants go. I guess that would drive them out.

My grandma would leave a piece of bacon in one of the corners, and when the ants covered it :)sick:), she would just throw it in the loo. :)

My grandma would leave a piece of bacon in one of the corners, and when the ants covered it :)sick:), she would just throw it in the loo. :)

Wow reading that was difficult. :sick: Indeed. I just ate lunch too.

Are they small black ants? In one apartment I lived in, I had a huge problem with ants. Here is a natural way to get rid of them. It's weird but there's no poison involved. All you will need is baking soda and some white vinegar. Pour a little vinegar on the places the ants are gravitating to, and then sprinkle the baking soda on the wet patch. But find out where the source of the ants are as well (duh) this has worked for me, and I didn't have to use something like Black Flag which would've been harmful to my cat and to myself. Good luck.

Are they small black ants? In one apartment I lived in, I had a huge problem with ants. Here is a natural way to get rid of them. It's weird but there's no poison involved. All you will need is baking soda and some white vinegar. Pour a little vinegar on the places the ants are gravitating to, and then sprinkle the baking soda on the wet patch. But find out where the source of the ants are as well (duh) this has worked for me, and I didn't have to use something like Black Flag which would've been harmful to my cat and to myself. Good luck.

yes small black oners not the one with the red head...iam afraid they might climbing in some book or some clothes or records and travel with me cause i will be moving into another flat (and town) so when i arrive there a i already bring some guests with me...
i wonder if they really leave the room completely if i put vinegar onto a plate dont hey just go to another place in my room where the vinegar is not soo close to them
..and i wondr why i couldnt find their nest...

yes small black oners not the one with the red head...iam afraid they might climbing in some book or some clothes or records and travel with me cause i will be moving into another flat (and town) so when i arrive there a i already bring some guests with me...
i wonder if they really leave the room completely if i put vinegar onto a plate dont hey just go to another place in my room where the vinegar is not soo close to them
I wouldn't put the vinegar in a plate, I'd liberally douse them and where they're coming from with the vinegar in a spray bottle or just by itself. Drown the bastards. Then sprinkle the baking soda and it will make a sort of paste. My ants were coming through the caulking in the bathroom and kitchen. The last time *I* moved, I had a horrible infestation of COCKROACHES and they scare the hell out of me and they will NOT DIE no matter what you do. When I moved, I found they like to hibernate in boxes and I remember throwing a whole box of art supplies away because the box was crammed with huge black cockroaches. I remember getting up in the middle of the night to have a drink of water, and flicking on the light and seeing about 30 of those f***ers near the sink. And I kept that place spotless. (shudder) I hate them. (well, I don't think anyone LOVES them.)

Look in potentially old caulking like around your toilet and see if the seal has crumbled away. In the kitchen I had to stop leaving my cats food out (the dry stuff. Iams. Morrissey wouldn't be amused but my cat likes it. The hairball formula.) I don't know where the hell they were coming in through the kitchen. Don't worry; they won't travel with you. Cockroaches WILL and I hated looking into boxes of old Face and Blitz magazines to see if there were cockroaches in them. (luckily not) But I had to throw all of my old journals away because they were swarming around and inside the box. I ran to the dumpster and just threw everything in. :eek:

Oh god, it's ant season. :(
I hate ant season. I leave them alone, why can't they leave us alone?

I'd try the vinegar stuff and makes sure you keep all your food items nice and shut, (especially the sugar!!!)

My school apparently has all sorts of stuff. I saw a cockroach on the wall once and I was horrified. I didn't do anything though cause well, it was just sitting there and not hurting me.

Apparently my school also has rats. The kind that attack people. :(

and I didn't have to use something like Black Flag which would've been harmful to my cat and to myself. Good luck.

by black flag you dint mean the band uh?*lol* heh i can put my black flag cd on "so now you are running !"

We've got ants...any effective natural ways to be rid of them?

We never have had little black ants before, but this year they are a nuisance.

Do you have any non chemical ways of getting rid of them.

They are on the kitchen counters so we don't want chemicals.

Re: We've got ants...any effective natural ways to be rid of them?

Diatomaceous earth. Although I have to confess that those little ant motels work wonders--they're safe to have even on the counters because there's no easy way to tamper with them to get at the baits inside. Or find out where the ants are entering the house and put the traps there.

I tried using vinegar to keep the ants away from our pantry, but they just laughed at my foolishness.

Re: We've got ants...any effective natural ways to be rid of them?

Diatomaceous earth. Although I have to confess that those little ant motels work wonders--they're safe to have even on the counters because there's no easy way to tamper with them to get at the baits inside. Or find out where the ants are entering the house and put the traps there.

I tried using vinegar to keep the ants away from our pantry, but they just laughed at my foolishness.

is it true you can sprinkle instant grits on the mound (if you can find it of course), and that the worker ants disperse it and the queen and everyone will die because it makes them distend and die?

I find this most interesting. I'm curious how the members of the Broccoli Brigade rationalize this. It seems to be an example of Orwellian "doublethink." If you believe in the (highly dubious) equation of sentient and non-sentient life, isn't this murder?

I find this most interesting. I'm curious how the members of the Broccoli Brigade rationalize this. It seems to be an example of Orwellian "doublethink." If you believe in the (highly dubious) equation of sentient and non-sentient life, isn't this murder?

If we are to follow the logic of the vegan types 'round here, it is far worse than just murder, it is genocide.

As for me, I've had some carpenter ants from time to time, but the last two years I have them mostly in check (via genocide). When I see one booking 'round the carpet, I snag him and toss him into a spider web and watch the battle commence.

Back
Top Bottom