Andy Rourke on Later with Jools Holland.

S

Smiffy.

One programme that does go across the country is Later with Jools Holland. Badly Drawn Boy was on it with Andy Rourke on bass they played "You Were Right" which sounded good and "40 days and 40 fights" which sounded really flat. Poor Badly Drawn Boy looked tired and his singing wasn't up to much as it sounded like he had a SORE THROAT and he can't smoke in Later's studio which relaxes him. They have been touring all round the world and have been working soooo hard poor things. When they are good they are really good. And Badly Drawn Boy's lyrics are always good and Andy Rourke is always good no matter what. It was amazing to see the very hard working Andy Rourke and piano man Dave Brubeck the one who wrote "Take Five" on the same programme two great music legends.+ The problems on the Badly Drawn Tour were these. Badly got homesick and missed his kids. The crowds were not always up for it and there were hecklers. The band got the flu and the weather wasn't very good. The Sound in some venues was really poor and the electrics kept going wrong, this problem alone might of been a big part of it. I didn't see this tour but this is what I have heard, and I have also heard that Badly has done other tours that have gone more smoothly.

Well let's hope for Mr 'Badly's sake that Rouke got an equal share

mmmm. I saw the '40 days and 40 fights' and it sounded completely dreadful. But hey, lets hope Andy Rouke was paid exactly the same as Mr 'Badly' else there'll be a law suit a-comin' Do people go to Badly Drawn Boy gigs to see Andy Rourke? (my apologies if he isn't touring with the band). & may I say that in my book Andy Rourke is OK, I'm just using this as an opportunity to abuse Mike Joyce and the demands he makes on Morrissey's and Marr's estates. So Andy has a job, Morrissey's been touring, Johnny has a new band and album. What's 'The Drums' up to eh?

Re: Well let's hope for Mr 'Badly's sake that Rouke got an equal share

Mike Joyce eh? What's the point? He wasnt even an original member...

Re: Rourkey HAS been touring with Badly!!!

Andy Rourke is very bizzy he is in Badly Drawn Boy's touring group he has toured the summer festivals= V2002, T in the Park, Witnness in Ireland, Bizarre in Fritag Germany, T on the Fringe. Andy has also toured in Belfast and through out Europe, America and Canada with Badly. He then went back to Dublin to play for two nights and is on the UK tour with Badly. Andy Rourke is also in Gwilo which is a band with Badly people in it and Mike Joyce check out www.gwilo.info. Andy also plays with Hal.. and Moondog One. Andy also goes DJing in various places. Andy has been on Top of the Pops with Badly. Done Later with Jools Holland two times this year with Badly. Done American TV and Canadian TV. Done things on the radio. Mike Joyce is in Gwilo and Moondog One along with Andy Rourke. I don't know what else Mike is doing apart from Moondog One and Gwilo, but Mike does have two kids and I think he has been wanting to spend more and more time with them, Mike loves his kids Olivia and Frankie.

Re: Well let's hope for Mr 'Badly's sake that Rouke got an equal share

> So Andy has a job, Morrissey's been
> touring, Johnny has a new band and album. What's 'The Drums' up to eh?
Nothing since he got rid of his Q&A board.

Re: Websites.

www.moondogone.co.uk Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke are in Moondog One. www.gwilo.info Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke are in Gwilo. www.andyrourke.info for news about Andy. Mike Joyce also has a website and so does Badly Drawn Boy, just search for them if you want to see them.

enough with the excuses for''poor hard working andy rourke'' the mans a clod!

Back
Top Bottom