Andy Rourke is out of a job

Adam Green was in the New York indie group 'The Moldy Peaches'. Leading proponents of the anti-folk scene.

Yeah, the way he booby trapped those crooks and then did it again!
'Home Alone' and 'Home Alone 2: Lost in New York' are both great, classic, very funny movies. Good times!

Macaulay Culkin's new band 'The Pizza Underground' are like 'The Velvet Underground'. I think they are based in New York.

New York is still very chic and arty.

About James Franco he made an REM video about Los Angeles and stardom with Lindsay Lohan in it. Jared Leto and the band '30 Seconds to Mars' also released a music video about Hollywood and stardom with Lindsay Lohan in it. So now I guess James Franco is copying Jared Leto, so who copied James Franco?

Did Andy Rourke work with the Riff Raff?

I've seen a bit of Andy Rourke's music 'chat show' "TUNE IN/TUNE OUT" online. I didn't think much of it. The musicians who Andy Rourke interviews are interesting. But Andy Rourke isn't good at interviewing them, he seems stoned or drunk half the time.

Is Mike Joyce still a DJ on "Beat Wolf" radio? I know Mike Joyce has been a DJ/radio presenter on a number of different radio stations over the years. Mike Joyce may have even been on East Village Radio.
This is a link to BeatWolf Radio and Mike Joyce is still with them: http://beatwolfradio.com/ Mike Joyce has worked on many more radio stations than Andy Rourke. Andy Rourke has only worked on XFM Manchester and East Village Radio.

James Franco's band is called 'Daddy'.
Jared Leto's band is '30 Seconds to Mars' .

I haven't seen the music videos starring Lindsay Lohan (REM & 30 Seconds to Mars). I don't know about the Riff Raff stuff.

I listened to an entire program on Soundcloud , that Mike Joyce hosted, for East Village Radio. It was a show chronicling East Village Radio's best songs of 2012. Mike Joyce was a fabulous host, frankly one of the best I've ever heard. He had great energy, provided interesting anecdotes & information about the songs and performers, cared deeply about the songs he played, was fun to listen to, and has a cool voice. I didn't enjoy every song that he played, but I enjoyed his enthusiastic performance!

Thanks for the information about Mike's show for Beatwolf Radio! I'm going to check it out as soon as I can.

The bad news is Mike Joyce has pretty much retired as a drummer. The good news is Mike Joyce continues to work in radio and as a Dj.

BeatWolf Radio's Content Director is Mike Joyce. Mike Joyce is a great host, radio presenter and Dj. Mike Joyce is also a good live Dj.

In 2008 Mike Joyce ran a successful DJ night at 'The Brickhouse' nightclub (now closed) in Manchester called 'Alternative Therapy'.

Alongside his popular radio show, Mike Joyce has been working in FM / Internet radio for the past 5 years, he also has a worldwide DJ career.

Mike Joyce's radio show, ‘Alternative Therapy’ began broadcasting in 2006 on "96.2 The Revolution" (alongside Mani, Clint Boon and Martin Coogan).

The station was taken over by Steve Penk in 2008, Mike took his show to "Manchester Radio Online", which achieved an audience of 5 figures. The success of Mike’s show caught the attention of Jon Tattersall, from The Official Charts Company (www.theofficialcharts.com), who asked him to present 'The Coalition Independent Chart Show'. The chart featured bands Mike likes and has invited on for interviews / sessions.

Mike Joyce also worked on "Radio Republic Manchester".

After discussions, Mike decided to take the coalition independent chart show to "East Village Radio", New York's hippest station. Mike also guests on "BBC 6 Music" as their first stand in for Marc Riley, Huey Morgan, Radcliffe & Maconie and Guy Garvey.

The strength of Mike Joyce’s legendary ex-Smith’s status has attracted bands like The Drums, The XX, Noah and The Whale, Girls, Ian Brown and Delphic who have been in the studio for interviews and exclusive sessions.

Mike Joyce now has a monthly DJ residency on the first Thursday of every month at the intimate surroundings of 'The Drawing Room', West Didsbury, Manchester.

Stop. Look. Listen. featured lost classics, new music and exclusive session tracks recorded for his show on "East Village Radio" ~ The Blueprint Sessions.

Mike Joyce is no longer working with the band 'Autokat', he is no longer drumming professionally for the time being.

The bad news is Mike Joyce has pretty much retired as a drummer. The good news is Mike Joyce continues to work in radio and as a Dj.

BeatWolf Radio's Content Director is Mike Joyce. Mike Joyce is a great host, radio presenter and Dj. Mike Joyce is also a good live Dj.

Mike Joyce, Mike Joyce, Mike Joyce, aspergers/OCD, aspergers/OCD, aspergers/OCD.

Mike Joyce, Mike Joyce, Mike Joyce, aspergers/OCD, aspergers/OCD, aspergers/OCD.

Take your meds, take your meds, take your meds.

In 2008 Mike Joyce ran a successful DJ night at 'The Brickhouse' nightclub (now closed) in Manchester called 'Alternative Therapy'.

Alongside his popular radio show, Mike Joyce has been working in FM / Internet radio for the past 5 years, he also has a worldwide DJ career.

Mike Joyce's radio show, ‘Alternative Therapy’ began broadcasting in 2006 on "96.2 The Revolution" (alongside Mani, Clint Boon and Martin Coogan).

The station was taken over by Steve Penk in 2008, Mike took his show to "Manchester Radio Online", which achieved an audience of 5 figures. The success of Mike’s show caught the attention of Jon Tattersall, from The Official Charts Company (www.theofficialcharts.com), who asked him to present 'The Coalition Independent Chart Show'. The chart featured bands Mike likes and has invited on for interviews / sessions.

Mike Joyce also worked on "Radio Republic Manchester".

After discussions, Mike decided to take the coalition independent chart show to "East Village Radio", New York's hippest station. Mike also guests on "BBC 6 Music" as their first stand in for Marc Riley, Huey Morgan, Radcliffe & Maconie and Guy Garvey.

The strength of Mike Joyce’s legendary ex-Smith’s status has attracted bands like The Drums, The XX, Noah and The Whale, Girls, Ian Brown and Delphic who have been in the studio for interviews and exclusive sessions.

Mike Joyce now has a monthly DJ residency on the first Thursday of every month at the intimate surroundings of 'The Drawing Room', West Didsbury, Manchester.

Stop. Look. Listen. featured lost classics, new music and exclusive session tracks recorded for his show on "East Village Radio" ~ The Blueprint Sessions.

Mike Joyce is no longer working with the band 'Autokat', he is no longer drumming professionally for the time being.
Wow I didn't know Mike Joyce was so prolific in radio broadcasting! Thanks for the info.

By contrast Andy Rourke has only worked on XFM Manchester and East Village Radio.

The last in a very, very long line of temporary Public Image Ltd (PiL) drummers, Mike Joyce was recruited to play on the 1992 'That What is Not' tour. Although he never recorded with PiL, he appears on the 1992 BBC 'Evening Session' radio session included on the 'Plastic Box' compilation.

Best known as a founder member and main stay drummer of The Smiths. Mike Joyce had previously played drums with punk band's The Hoax and Victim.

He later drummed for Morrissey, Sinead O'Connor, Adult Net, Suede, Buzzcocks (1990-92) and Julian Cope.

In 1996 Mike Joyce went to court against Morrissey and Johnny Marr, and helped win a one million pounds settlement for himself and bassist Andy Rourke.

2006 saw Joyce tour and record with Vinny Peculiar. In 2008 he joined Manchester band Autokat. Mike Joyce is now retired as a drummer.

For latest news: http://www.mikejoyce.com

Mike Joyce continues to play the drums in bands. Recently he’s been working with Roxy Music guitarist Phil Manzanera, Suede bassist Mat Osman and Supergrass frontman Gaz Coombes as 'Chaz Chance And The Prophets', a band put together for a three-part TV series.

Mike Joyce played drums in an advert.

I don't know where all the stuff has come from about Mike Joyce has retired as a drummer.

Andy Rourke and his songwriting partner Olé Koretsky are like the John Lennon and Paul McCartney of now lol.

I enjoyed Mark Ronson's show on East Village Radio.

Re: Andy Rourke is out of a job.

YES! If Morrissey and Rourke reformed The Smiths without Johnny Marr that would be the best. Maybe not musically, but every other way. Besides Morrissey could hire four guitarists to stand behind the curtain and play all the parts from the record and pay them far less than Marr would get. Maybe use tapes instead of a drummer. This is a tour I would follow.
Why? I wonder if you are the man himself Andy Rourke.

Andy has not made his money. He took a very small settlement compared to Joyce. He lives a very modest existence. He is by no means rich.

Andy has not made his money. He took a very small settlement compared to Joyce. He lives a very modest existence. He is by no means rich.
Andy Rourke and his wife Fran are maybe not rich, but that isn't by choice. Since Andy Rourke has been a teenager he has wanted to be rich and famous.
Andy Rourke has talked about how he wants The Smiths to get back together because it will make him money.
Andy Rourke took the out of court settlement, because unlike Mike Joyce he didn't have the money to fight on. Andy Rourke then went bankrupt.
If Andy Rourke had been more careful with his money, he would be in the same position as Mike Joyce is today!!
I don't feel sorry for Andy Rourke, because he made bad choices in his life and spent his money.
I feel sorry in a way for Andy Rourke's past drug addiction, because addition can be a hard thing to deal with.
Andy Rourke must of wasted a lot of money on drink, drugs and cigarettes.
I don't think anyone on here thinks Andy Rourke is mega rich, but he isn't dirt poor either and makes some money DJ'ing in clubs.
Morrissey, Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce are all much wealthier than Andy Rourke. They made better financial decisions.
Andy Rourke wants to be wealthy, I hope he finds a way to make the money he wants, maybe then he will be happier, who knows?
Whatever happens to Andy Rourke in the future, right now he can't work on East Village Radio anymore. The same goes for all the DJ's who worked on EVR.

What is Andy Rourke's net worth? I Googled it, but found the info confusing.

Why is it whenever Andy Rourke is mentioned. We then hear about his financial difficulties, Moz + the court case, his addiction problems and his love life issues.

It's never about his music. I've never heard of the Jetlag band before, but it might be good. Sorry to hear the radio station he was working for went down the tubes.

No way Moz would work with him again. You’ve read Autobiography, right?

Back
Top Bottom