amy winehouse

anyone here a fan of heres? i think she's an amazing talent, wouldn't mind making out with her either.

Yeah, you and me both;)......I think she is amazing, i love her rich warm singing voice, she has a lovely singing voice and when she speaks she has me laughing. I love her accent, she's top.

anyone here a fan of heres? i think she's an amazing talent, wouldn't mind making out with her either.

Amy is excellent. She can actually sing and has a memorable voice. The songs on the 2nd album are good quality, mostly, and to top it all, she is definitely an interesting character!

Couldn't possibly comment on the other part of the thread though!

could someone upload "Back To Black" for me?
i dunno if that's the song, but that's the lyric, i can't find it and my itunes has collapsed..

Amy Winehouse is brilliant."Back to Black" was the first album of hers I heard but "Frank" isn't bad either. She has a wonderful, soulful voice :)

I like her, she has a old school vibe to her. Her voice is great, it really stand in a good way!!

ooh, no I don't like her. she's such a fake. speaks in this bloody awful mockney, cockney accent which miraculously disappears when she starts to sing. can't stand singers who sing in a contrived fashion (e.g. buffoons like Weller and that half-wit from Primal Scream) as it means they are just acting a role rather than expressing themselves with sincerity.

credit where it's due; her songs are set to great pieces of music and when I hear them on the radio, I wouldn't switch stations, and she has a powerful voice, and is a relatively unique pop figure. so I understand her appeal but ... the woman is a fool!

ooh, no I don't like her. she's such a fake. speaks in this bloody awful mockney, cockney accent which miraculously disappears when she starts to sing. can't stand singers who sing in a contrived fashion (e.g. buffoons like Weller and that half-wit from Primal Scream) as it means they are just acting a role rather than expressing themselves with sincerity.

credit where it's due; her songs are set to great pieces of music and when I hear them on the radio, I wouldn't switch stations, and she has a powerful voice, and is a relatively unique pop figure. so I understand her appeal but ... the woman is a fool!

Well done that man.

............Pfhhhhhhh..............

isn't she well small? like 5ft2 or something? And just all hair?
I like the sound on the album which is solely down to Mark Ronson; but her voice annoys me. It's a bit 'try hard' a la Christina Aguilera. Wailing on a note does not constitute towards singing. Ask Whitney Houston....

isn't she well small? like 5ft2 or something? And just all hair?
I like the sound on the album which is solely down to Mark Ronson; but her voice annoys me. It's a bit 'try hard' a la Christina Aguilera. Wailing on a note does not constitute towards singing. Ask Whitney Houston....

Agreed. I also don't get how some guys might want to have anything to do with her. She's a bit manly for me. "Wine" is too elegant for this one. To fit her raunchy nature, i'm just gonna call her BEERHOUSE :D

amywinehouseocollage3-748153.jpg

She also appears to have met an acquaintance of ours by the name of 'CRACK'.

I found this cover of Monkey Man interesting to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DSOM_8A4Nw

But I've not had my dinner yet.

Just having my lunch, as it happens, and this goes down a treat with it.

didn't know she was a fake, as Maurice E put it, but to castigate anyone who sings in a different accent/style to their normal voice could perhaps be a bit harsh.

I'm also unsure as to whether it's the singing or the speaking that Maurice says is fake.

In any case, I love the music and the character - yes, I've been duped Maurice.

Just having my lunch, as it happens, and this goes down a treat with it.

didn't know she was a fake, as Maurice E put it, but to castigate anyone who sings in a different accent/style to their normal voice could perhaps be a bit harsh.

I'm also unsure as to whether it's the singing or the speaking that Maurice says is fake.

In any case, I love the music and the character - yes, I've been duped Maurice.

Sorry, Oscar, if I seemed a bit harsh. 98.3% of all singers sing in a non-natural accent so they (and the people who like them) are clearly in the large majority.
I wouldn't say you've been duped!
When I criticise a singer or band, I try to explain why I don't like them and also acknowledge what is good about them. Amy sings along to some really strong pieces of music. If you ignore the singing, the sheer musical quality of her songs is probably quite a lot better than most recent Morrissey stuff...

PS I don't know which is fake, the singing voice or the cockney accent but one of them certainly is!
I know that she went to the Brits performing arts school along with Luke from the Kooks (and quite a few other current, successful singers) so I'm sure her acting skills are pretty good!

Last edited:
Sorry, Oscar, if I seemed a bit harsh. 98.3% of all singers sing in a non-natural accent so they (and the people who like them) are clearly in the large majority.
I wouldn't say you've been duped!
When I criticise a singer or band, I try to explain why I don't like them and also acknowledge what is good about them. Amy sings along to some really strong pieces of music. If you ignore the singing, the sheer musical quality of her songs is probably quite a lot better than most recent Morrissey stuff...

PS I don't know which is fake, the singing voice or the cockney accent but one of them certainly is!
I know that she went to the Brits performing arts school along with Luke from the Kooks (and quite a few other current, successful singers) so I'm sure her acting skills are pretty good!

She went to the exclusive 8 and a half grand a year Sylvia Young Theatre School. Both her speaking accent and singing voice are fake.

Just like Pete Doherty, Damon Albarn, Lilly Allen, Mark Ronson, she is part of an elite class that some of you are prepared to support:rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of hers, but I think she is talented.

I think accents can change. Shirley Manson speaks with a very thick Scottish accent, but sings without one.

Back
Top Bottom