am i alone in this?

that when you get a girl you really like into liking the smiths or vice versa(a girl getting a guy maybe) i suppose. it makes me feel happy and that that person seems more attractive and is worth fighting for:D

Great! But you have to accept that attractiveness seems to have a direct relationship to love of crappy music. The more attractive the girl, the more she leans towards 'sugababes' and 'robbie williams'.

There are sexy smiths fans though.

I think you're wrong southpaw g, it all depends of course on what you find attractive, people with lashing of makeup and velour tracksuits/ elizabeth duke gold chains and caps, these people who value their x box more than their mothers.............. or thoughtful people with their own minds and a sense of style, I always see attractive people at the gigs, I honestly think most morrissey fans fit this mould, correct me if I'm wrong.

i got my girlfriend into smiths when i was playing panic one day she asked me what it was then i copied the albums for her now she likes them more than me it also makes great music to make love to esp bona drag album :D

i tried to convert one of my girlfriends. she actually liked a few songs like suedehead and bigmouth strikes again, and she will actually sing along.
but its funny because before she knew the words to bigmouth... she would sing "sweetness, i was only joking when i said id like to smash a grapefruit in your head"
i dont know how she heard that, but it was pretty funny.
she never really completely "converted" though, just liked a few songs. but she thinks im crazy obsessed. which is quite possible

and another thing kindof off subject- but in my town, which i am probably the only smiths/morrissey fan around (seriously) i went to this bar the other week, and on the juke box they had 2 smiths songs- bigmouth and how soon is now- and when i saw it i about jumped out of my pants. so you know i had to expose all these common people to the smiths.

all i got was a bunch of awkward looks, but i was still happy in my own little way, it made my night. :)

My ex actually got me into the Smiths, I'm ashamed to say i hardly knew who they were before her. Turns out, that's about the only good thing i could take from that relationship - becoming a full on Mozite!!!

Funnily enough, we don't speak now. She's dating a crack head 15 years older than her, and the last time i heard had been banned from listening to Moz because it reminds her bloke of me (he was a customer at the pub we both used to work in).

I on the other hand, have met the love of my life and made a convert out of her. I shouldn't gloat but, f*** it, i want to.

nah nah nah nah nah!!!!

Back
Top Bottom