Alain Whyte - Johnny Panic - Morrissey Singles

While we're on the subject, Johnny Panic's My War (Alain composition) sounds exactly like Michaels Bones crossed with Yes I Am Blind. It sounds daft. But it is.

Peter

While we're on the subject, Johnny Panic's My War (Alain composition) sounds exactly like Michaels Bones crossed with Yes I Am Blind. It sounds daft. But it is.

Peter

You sound like a man teetering on the brink of posting the track in question, Peter.

*gives you a sharp nudge* :p

Oh, heavens. This is the last one. There's trouble afoot.

Peter

*snaffles it* Thank you.

18.gif

slightly off kilter but a similar theme, Girl Least Likely To is a rip off of Only To Other People by the Cookies.

love

Grim

slightly off kilter but a similar theme, Girl Least Likely To is a rip off of Only To Other People by the Cookies.

love

Grim

Yes, and Rourke is given the writing credits for that one.
Has he ever said why? Anyone ever asked him?

I wanted to ask him that very question when I met him during his little DJ tour, but chickened out at the last minute.
Instead got something signed and complimented his music taste.

He played a track by Love (it'd been a few days since Arthur Lee's passing), no one in the club cared, but I did.

I'm sure WhyteGrrrl has all the answers giving she had a website devoted to Alain Whyte and his musical contributions to some the Morrissey songs, why don't you guys ask her? I'm sure that would help.

I believe Moz was furious when Ben Gunstone did the Johnny Panic CD, and with the Rockin' With Morrissey's Side Men CD.

Peter

Skinny,

Actually, Ben Gunstone and Alain were both furious that this was released as neither had anything to do with it. The tapes were apparently sourced from Paul Hodge, the drummer, and a chap named Alan Wilson (another face from the London rocka-/psychobilly scene) had something to do with both releases. It was a cheap cash-in bid. I heard rumors of a cease & desist, but it must not have happened ultimately.

Not only does the riff of Stay With Me sound like FOTGTD, but there is a synth strings part that was aped note for note in the outro of the latter on YATQ. It's still a pretty good choon on its own merits, as is Paranoia. Goodbye to All That and Rebel Without a Car are also worth a listen. The final three tracks do not feature Alain--I think they were recorded after he went back to work for Morrissey.

Cheers,

Jamie

Unfortunately whytegrrrl is unable to answer those questions.
You can ask some questions politely to Alain. :)

Rude to ask him questions? He has a myspace he does not have to answer them if he does not want to, I personally think it makes more sense to do that.

Karin
No, it just read a bit rude to me that you replied for WhyteGrrrl, saying "go ask Alain", kind of in a tone of "don't bother other people with such questions."

The original poster only suggested that they ask WhyteGrrrl because they knew her to be a fan of Alain because she had a website devoted to him, so answers might come quicker from a fellow Solo-er.

But maybe I am sticking my nose in.

My apologies.

No, it just read a bit rude to me that you replied for WhyteGrrrl, saying "go ask Alain", kind of in a tone of "don't bother other people with such questions."

The original poster only suggested that they ask WhyteGrrrl because they knew her to be a fan of Alain because she had a website devoted to him, so answers might come quicker from a fellow Solo-er.

But maybe I am sticking my nose in.

My apologies.

No worries, I knew the answer thats all.

Karin

Back
Top Bottom