Alain Whyte and band mini Ireland tour (August 21, 2023)

The BIG news is here and we're so excited to finally share it with you. We will be playing some very select live shows later this year in the following cities/venues:

29 November - Belfast, Northern Ireland (Ulster Sports Club)
1 December - Cork, Ireland (The Pavilion)
2 December - Dublin, Ireland (Whelans)

The gigs will feature my band of all-stars most of you already know and love:

Craig Gannon - guitars
Gary Day - bass
Spencer Cobrin - drums
Gustavo Manzur, Jr. - keyboards

We'll be playing sets filled will songs we've all been involved in (either written, co-written and/or played on) as well as a surprise or two each night which you won't want to miss.

Tickets go on sale this Friday (25 August at 10am GMT) via AlainWhyteMusic.com/tour & Eventbrite.ie

More info will follow, so please stay tuned. We really can't wait to play for you all!

I thought Alain was referring to him being part of a real band for Morrissey, not the losers he has now
Who are the losers you’re referring to?

I thought Alain was referring to him being part of a real band for Morrissey, not the losers he has now
I just got a react to this and I think maybe it was taken the wrong way, which could be my fault.
I think Alain is/was part of the real band and the losers I refer to are who Morrissey has now, not who Alain has right now - Alain being the real thing

Screenshot 2024-04-08 9.41.14 PM.png

I'm curious too. It's been a few weeks since Alain's Pepsi tweet. Anything new?
I somehow missed a few posts and comments on this thread. As much as it would arguably benefit both Moz and most fans, I’m afraid to say another reunion is VERY unlikely to happen. There are likely too many things that would need to take place even if all parties were keen. I can tell you there have been zero discussions taking place… sorry. Never say never, though and no one as a fan would like to see it more than me. Both camps seem to be cool doing their own thing and maybe that’s how it should remain.

@dneuer
The most devastating of all possibilities. It was really all about Pepsi and CocaCola + Morrissey might continue with the current line-up. Bite the bullet again.

@dneuer
The most devastating of all possibilities. It was really all about Pepsi and CocaCola + Morrissey might continue with the current line-up. Bite the bullet again.
lol… it wasn’t exactly about any colas, but even so, I was quick to point out that coke tastes like battery acid compared to Pepsi 😉

As predicted, M has gone relatively silent (except for the couple of central news posts) since those shows were canceled and new management came on board. While we as fans are desperate for even the slightest morsel of good news, this is exactly what needed to take place. I think it’s the old adage, no news is good news in this context. I honestly don’t know if fans will be subjected to the most recent band incarnation again, or if they’ve had their fill and have chosen to move on. I can only confirm what I mentioned previously… it would be EXTREMELY unlikely Al goes back again. He loves his band… genuinely (both as people and as musicians) and it would be self-sabotage to throw it away at this point. It is what it is.

Is Alain going to tour with his band this year?
Any updates?
I’ve recently shared the requested info & promo materials with an agent that’s keen to make things happen for the band. We’re still pushing for something the second half of this year, if possible. I’m pretty certain they’ll take place in the UK (I’m sorry US & the rest of the world… we’re working on bringing shows to you, too. I promise! 😊).
Wish I could offer more, but we’re just waiting to see what opportunities arise and will go from there. Will definitely share once more is known.

lol… it wasn’t exactly about any colas, but even so, I was quick to point out that coke tastes like battery acid compared to Pepsi 😉

As predicted, M has gone relatively silent (except for the couple of central news posts) since those shows were canceled and new management came on board. While we as fans are desperate for even the slightest morsel of good news, this is exactly what needed to take place. I think it’s the old adage, no news is good news in this context. I honestly don’t know if fans will be subjected to the most recent band incarnation again, or if they’ve had their fill and have chosen to move on. I can only confirm what I mentioned previously… it would be EXTREMELY unlikely Al goes back again. He loves his band… genuinely (both as people and as musicians) and it would be self-sabotage to throw it away at this point. It is what it is.
Thank you for your always objective and respectful assessments. Always paired with some insider knowledge. I would be interested to know what you personally think will happen with Morrissey next and with whom?

Is Alain still be contributing in the songwriting department for Moz?

Thank you for your always objective and respectful assessments. Always paired with some insider knowledge. I would be interested to know what you personally think will happen with Morrissey next and with whom?
First off, thanks. I'm a fan at the end of the day. That means I share in the excitement, disappointments and on occasion, the bewilderment that many of us experience here. I like to think I'm fair and I do try to be respectful.

Hmmm, what will he do? I think he'll re-issue Beethoven Was Deaf and do some special shows around that time ;):ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I think it would be easier to choose the winning lottery numbers than to predict what he'll do next. It's much easier to suggest what he "should" do next. Sometimes I wonder if he relishes the role of contrarian, which may be the understatement of the year in the eyes of some lol.

In light of the BWD announcement, which he may or may not have had anything to do with, but is clearly involved with to some degree (unless the label is planning to hold those special shows without him). I wouldn't be surprised if new management is negotiating the buyback of BoT so as to be able to offer it to another label as part of a package deal. "Look, we have this record (and already own this second one, as well) and would love for you to put them out. You have the finished works (once the Miley thing is sorted), so you know what you're getting. It's already completed with nothing much required on your end to finish it (artwork, marketing, etc). We would like to tack on a guaranteed third record that you cover the costs of to complete the deal."

That's pretty simplistic, but that's something I'd like to think is maybe going on. It's pure speculation, though.

Is Alain still be contributing in the songwriting department for Moz?
Alain isn't actively sending Moz any new tunes. He gave him TONS of stuff leading up to and during the France recording sessions. So Moz has plenty of stuff to go back through, although that doesn't seem to be his style and in general if it doesn't strike his fancy initially, it seems to get binned.

Alain has mainly been writing new stuff for he and his band, sending stuff out the Gaz, Spen, Craig and Gus to see what they come up with. Last we spoke about it, he'd be open to doing new tunes with M, but again (I sound like a broken record lol), it would have to be under the right circumstances. I'd say that window is getting smaller, though.

Alain isn't actively sending Moz any new tunes. He gave him TONS of stuff leading up to and during the France recording sessions. So Moz has plenty of stuff to go back through, although that doesn't seem to be his style and in general if it doesn't strike his fancy initially, it seems to get binned.
Interesting to hear Alain sent him tons of stuff.
Looks like just four of the songs made it on to Without Music...
Do you know if they recorded any more of his?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry Spenny but swap him out for Matt Walker and I'd be ALL IN if this was Morrissey's current band.

Sorry Spenny but swap him out for Matt Walker and I'd be ALL IN if this was Morrissey's current band.

I have to give Spencer grace because (1) he was never the technically-solid drummer that Matt Walker is and (2) he didn't play drums in any professional capacity for years. As the rust gets further knocked off with new recordings and (fingers crossed) more touring, I expect to see him closing that gap.

It is weird to see and hear Gary Day play with a pick. In the video of "Glamorous Glue"upthread, it definitely changes the sound. It's not quite as "plunky" as Jonny Bridgwood would sound on audience recordings but it doesn't sound as "fluid" as his finger-picking style was.

I have to give Spencer grace because (1) he was never the technically-solid drummer that Matt Walker is and (2) he didn't play drums in any professional capacity for years. As the rust gets further knocked off with new recordings and (fingers crossed) more touring, I expect to see him closing that gap.

It is weird to see and hear Gary Day play with a pick. In the video of "Glamorous Glue"upthread, it definitely changes the sound. It's not quite as "plunky" as Jonny Bridgwood would sound on audience recordings but it doesn't sound as "fluid" as his finger-picking style was.
Considering this was from their first ever full rehearsal they sound very tight. Imagine if they were given a couple of weeks to get it together. And with Moz on vocals they'd blow the roof off any venue they played.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom