A question about a reoccuring person during Morrissey's concerts

A

April

I was reading a few reviews of Morrissey's past concerts and I noticed that he would ask a certain "Julia" or "Julie" in the front row if she was okay. Can someone please enlighten me as to who this Julia or Julie is? Thanx

> I was reading a few reviews of Morrissey's past concerts and I
> noticed that he would ask a certain "Julia" or
> "Julie" in the front row if she was okay. Can someone
> please enlighten me as to who this Julia or Julie is? Thanx

It's Julia Riley. She has been a Morrissey fan a long time and goes to many, if not most, of his concerts. She runs the Morrissey zine, True To You.

re-occuring nightmares about his concerts.

this doesnt matter character is completely wrong. Julia is really an apprentice to the Warlock Mogue on the 5th Kingdom. She recently had a mini-series about her fascinating life on NBC, but I kept mistaking her for John Laroquette.

They made her life seem more interesting by increasing the number of kingdoms from 5 to 10. To me, I say it's just like the story of the one that got away and saying "it was THIS big" and I held all along that people would still be interested in 5 kingdoms, but those damn network execs and their piddling money always have the final say so, and they said, "damnit, take your mop and get the hell out of here!" of which I stood around for just a second just to show them who was boss, and then promptly left without my final pay check.

If you looked very carefully, the troll who kept stealing shoes was actually Alain. He's into foot fetishism.

Jonathan Frakes also covered his very interesting life in the latest: "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction?" where we were given the poser of whether the story of him and Martin Rossiter were able to conjure up the spirits of Civil War Veterans by chanting over Abraham Lincoln's actual Chamber Pot was true or not. And it was! Here is Roz and Alain doing all these fascinating things and the press still insists on talking about Morrissey who is sitting at home and having a scone after a hard day at his new job at Chippendale's.

Doesn't matter is right. She's a fan who goes to many Morrissey concerts. She's a nice person. Being of a very small physical frame, I think Morrissey is concerned that she doesn't get crushed by everyone else. She always manages though and stands at the front throughout the whole show. If you ever see her, ask to see the tattoo on her shoulder. Apparently Morrissey had drawn a fish on her back with an ink pen. Seizing the moment she went to a tattoo parlor and had it permanently embedded in her skin! Cool story. I have no idea what suzanne is talking about but it's humurous. Nice writing suzanne!
Her fanzines are worth the $5 they cost. You can check it out by going to the other Morrissey links David has put up on this website.

> I was reading a few reviews of Morrissey's past concerts and I
> noticed that he would ask a certain "Julia" or
> "Julie" in the front row if she was okay. Can someone
> please enlighten me as to who this Julia or Julie is? Thanx

Julia Riley is something like a "Living legend"....When I met her she reported that she'd followed Morrissey since 1985 and she's seen hundreds of shows - she basically lives for him. Some people have had different experiences with her, but I found her quite friendly and helpful, especially when I travelled under difficult circumstances with a friend in the States.
And yeah Moz speaks to her during the shows - some say he's a bit scared of her though because she follows him everywhere and she also gave him a few expensive presents at some point until he refused them.
So if you see her once: she's tiny, dark curly hair, looks younger than she is ;-) - try and talk to her, she really has tales to tell and is very nice.

> Doesn't matter is right. She's a fan who goes to many Morrissey
> concerts. She's a nice person. Being of a very small physical
> frame, I think Morrissey is concerned that she doesn't get
> crushed by everyone else.

Well, i'm glad he has consideration for someone of tiny frame.

>She always manages though and stands
> at the front throughout the whole show.

And a skill to be well applauded! One thinks that if you have the means to go to all of these shows that you should also be blessed with the skills of making the most of them. she makes the rest of us small people look like complete weenies, but it is indeed an olympic sport of knowing what in the hell is going on and being able to push people out of your way without suffering retribution.

>If you ever see her, ask
> to see the tattoo on her shoulder. Apparently Morrissey had
> drawn a fish on her back with an ink pen. Seizing the moment she
> went to a tattoo parlor and had it permanently embedded in her
> skin! Cool story. I have no idea what suzanne is talking about
> but it's humurous. Nice writing suzanne!

i am a nice person...

> Her fanzines are worth the $5 they cost. You can check it out by
> going to the other Morrissey links David has put up on this
> website.

> she makes the rest of us small people look like complete weenies, > > but it is indeed an olympic sport of knowing what in the hell is
> going on and being able to push people out of your way without
> suffering retribution.

It's easy! You threaten to puke and it's like moses all over again...oh but be sure to eat some nasty mixture to punish all those who dare to call your bluff.