a good non uk/us band?

Well I dont like all these bands but you might so: U2, Thin Lizzy, Bell X1, Ash, Snow Patrol, THe frames, The Cranberries, My Bloody Valentine, Therapy ? and plenty more

ash, snow patrol and therapy are/were u.k. acts.

sorry. :rolleyes:

Sigur Ros (Iceland)
Kent (Sweden)
The Knife (Sweden)
Björk (Iceland)
AIR (France)
Mum (Iceland)
Einstürzende Neubauten (Germany. Probably too hard to listen)
Album Leaf & The Worm Is Green (Both from Iceland again)
Kino, Nautilus Pompilius, DDT & Splin (Something from Russia)

The worst thing a person can do is to be narrow-minded. Don't.

e: and of course Röyksopp from Norway

Last edited:
ash, snow patrol and therapy are/were u.k. acts.

No they arent't/were not.

They're both from the Republic of Ireland and are thus non-UK acts.

hmmm....

no need for an apology, sir.

therapy?, ash and snow patrol are all from Northern Ireland.

tool. :rolleyes:

Nomeansno from Canada
Victims Family from USA
Al lot of pagodebands from BRAZIL like Grupo Revelacao

hmmm....

no need for an apology, sir.

therapy?, ash and snow patrol are all from Northern Ireland.

tool. :rolleyes:

Ah, it's all the same really. [emphasis added]

:rolleyes:

...except that, since these three bands all hail from Northern Ireland (rather than the Republic of Ireland), they are u.k. acts.

you probably want to read a bit about the politics of your country, sir....

....and, perhaps, a little about pop music.

oh well.

b*witched - a truly great pop group. i miss them :( . they were a 'singles band', too! check out 'rollercoaster' or 'blame it on the weatherman'.

their 2nd album didn't sell well and their record company dropped them. fkn typical. steve's right about those corporate c***s -they won't give artists any room to develop, anymore.

Last edited:
b*witched - a truly great pop group. i miss them :( . they were a 'singles band', too! check out 'rollercoaster' or 'blame it on the weatherman'.

their 2nd album didn't sell well and their record company dropped them. fkn typical. steve's right about those corporate c***s -they won't give artists any room to develop, anymore.

dont blae the record companies blame the denim ones,, they really ruined those guys and their hope of keeping irish dancing alive.:)

Yeah sorry, for some reason I thought Ash was from Donegal and I forgot bout Snow Patrol. It couldnt ve been worse I was goin to mention The Undertones and Stifff Little Fingers:o

...except that, since these three bands all hail from Northern Ireland (rather than the Republic of Ireland), they are u.k. acts.

you probably want to read a bit about the politics of your country, sir....

....and, perhaps, a little about pop music.

oh well.

I don't actually recall claim still be to correct once you pointed out my mistake based on limited knowledge of two bands that I couldn't really care less about as I think they're both shite. You seemingly have some strange desire to make sure everyone knows you're right, which is fine. I simply made a throw away point that was more about the make up of Ireland than trying to disagree with you at all.

N.I. and RoI are really pretty much the same place unless you happen to be a religous bigot. Now clearly the Ulster counties have a greater Scottish influence due to the mirgration there in the eighteenth century by landowners, but essentially the people are the same.

After all they both support the same Rugby team. ;)

I don't actually recall claim still be to correct once you pointed out my mistake based on limited knowledge of two bands that I couldn't really care less about as I think they're both shite.

it was actually three bands, but anyway...

You seemingly have some strange desire to make sure everyone knows you're right [...].

no, just you, for trying to be a smart-arse and succeeding, only, in making an arse of yourself, in the process.

N.I. and RoI are really pretty much the same place unless you happen to be a religous bigot. [...]

thanks for the thoroughgoing asociological analysis. as i said - try a book ;)

dont blae the record companies blame the denim ones,, they really ruined those guys and their hope of keeping irish dancing alive.:)

hey, christine, c'mon!

don't be dissin' the b*witched chicks, now. granted, the denim suits were a bit wrong, but, in every other way they were the epitome of what pop should be. plus, they were hot and could seriously move. :)

hey, christine, c'mon!

don't be dissin' the b*witched chicks, now. granted, the denim suits were a bit wrong, but, in every other way they were the epitome of what pop should be. plus, they were hot and could seriously move. :)

I'm dishing them, sure the denim was bad, but more wrong than chapless pants?? eh well maybe but hey jigs are always good.

Oh and on non uk/ us jigs:
Planxty (would've said Christy Moore but he's not a band)
Afro Celt Sound System

I forgot the Pogues before
Director
Delorentors

Back
Top Bottom