80´S Fans only

enter the competition, and if you win I will gladly take the tickets off your hands, even though I already have tickets, but to meet the stars of the show, woo! that would even beat meeting the wonderful Journey South, runners up of X-Factor or Pop Idol or whatever it was.

JJ

Reading the news section in the site : Altered images will join (a bunch of the bands you don´t want to see on a stage) on September 13th in Breamore State near Fordinbrigde in Hampshire...how far is that from Manchester?

Last edited:
I saw Martin Fry with Tony Hadley the about 15 months ago - it was a small venue (400 seats) - his voice is utterly fantastic... he wore a purple sparkly suit - when he appeared - somebody called out - "Hey Martin, where's the gold suit??!" - he calmly replied... "At the cleaners" :)

Ooo. . . shiny. . . :D

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures would you? :p

Re: whats your fav artist/ band from the 80s

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
WHO THE f*** MERGED THIS WITH A THREAD - 2 YEARS OLD AND LAST POST SENT TO IT WAS APRIL 11TH 2008?:confused::angry::crazy:

Jukebox Jury

I'd see Missing Persons live, even though they're not popular in the UK. Dale Bozzio's pink hair can take my eyes again!;)

I'd see Missing Persons live, even though they're not popular in the UK. Dale Bozzio's pink hair can take my eyes again!;)

Missing Persons is a part of my guilty pleasure. :o

I still clearly remember one November afternoon in 1984 listening to FEN (US Army radio) live interview of Flock of Seagulls.
They're touring US bases in Far East at that time.
Coinsidentally on the same day in Tokyo, Echo and the Bunnymen were playing live.
I felt so unfair and deprived living in a remote area of the country where only got Flock of Seagulls (but we couldn't see them because they only played for US Army). :(

Last edited:
I saw ABC a couple of years ago at the House of Blues in Chcicago and the show was utterly fantastic..The Lexicon of Love is one of the greatest 80's albums ever :straightface:

As far as A Flock of Seagulls go..here is my contribution..:guitar:

Erasure and the pet shop boys. I can still remember walking out of my local record shop as a young boy with the crackers international and introspective in tow, on the same day:guitar:

Shit I saw 4v of those bands back in the 80's i really would not want to revisit well maybe with the exception of Paul (swoon) Young

As far as A Flock of Seagulls go..here is my contribution..:guitar:

Yeah, I do like "Wishing...", but "Space Age Love Song" is the one that I've given the oh-so coveted 5 star rating on my ipod. It seems like a classic young couple in love walking into the sunset kind of song from a John Hughes film as the credits roll. It certainly brings a smile to my face.

Tags
duranduran=best
Back
Top Bottom