An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

soundofthenorth, you have mail. Oh, and by the way, this is the best thread- congrat's to all that have kept it going. Great band, great material, and most of all, great fans.

Hi, been a while since I've been on here, been off enjoying the sun!

Anyway just wondering if anyone can help me out with the following list of official stuff I'm still looking for:

GREEN:

-Eleventh Untitled Song - instrumental version B-side (Stand single)

-Get Up (live)
-Orange Crush (live)
-Turn You Inside-Out (all live from untitled WB promo (Orlando '89), Sept. 1989))
...have bootlegged show but would be great if someone actually has the official CD quality version

-Get Up (live)
-World Leader Pretend (live)
-It's the End of the World as We Know It (all live from 'Music from Tourfilm' promo CD 1990)
...I guess it's just basically the audio taken from Tourfilm recordings

OUT OF TIME:
-Shiny Happy People (Dance to the Music mix) - have 'Music Mix' but unsure whether it's the same thing
-Shiny Happy People (Hip Mix)
-Pop Song '89 (live acoustic from Borderline 15/03/91) B-side on Near Wild Heaven 12" single
... still unclear whether this is the same as the acoustic version that appears on In Time 2nd disc/Pop Song 89 single

UP:
-At My Most Beautiful (live Radio 1 Session, 25/10/98, AMMB single)
-Suspicion (live from Ealing Studios, Suspicion single)
-Perfect Circle (live Later with Jools Holland, Suspicion single)

REVEAL:
-I've Been High (live video, Sydney, 31/05/01, I'll Take the Rain single)
... I have the audio version but if anyone can upload the video version I'd be grateful

IN TIME:
-So. Central Rain (live Los Angeles, 9/09/03) Animal single B-sdie
-Welcome to the Occupation (live New York, 7/10/03) Animal single B-side
... not sure, but possibly same version as on 'A Joyful Noise' promo CD which I've got.

ATS:

-Wanderlust (live Santa Barbara, 14/10/04) download only
-Leaving New York (live St. James Church) download only- could actually be from Athens rehearsal studio (according to iTunes)

-Bad Day (live video, Zaragoza, 28/05/05)
-Leaving New York (live video, Helsinki, 29/01/05)
... have audio to both these, but again if anyone has the videos, would be grateful to see them

...I think that's about it for now.

Also, I have the 2005 Hyde Park gig that's been requested ready to upload soon

Hi, here are some requests:

Country Feedback (live from 40 Watt Club, Athens, GA, USA - 19/11/92) = 6MB
... taken from 'Songs That Are Live' promo CD, Oct. 1995

Now I'm not sure if the following two songs class as soundboard quality that soundofthenorth asked for, but the audio is 'professionally recorded' for TV from Germany's Rock am Ring festival, 3 June 2005. Sorry if it's not quite as wanted but I thought I'd rip them anyway:

01. Leave = 4MB

02. Me In Honey = 3MB

Here's the final night from the 04-05 'Around the World' tour from Hyde Park, London, UK - 16 July 2005:

Part 1 = 78MB
01. Bad Day
02. What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
03. The One I Love
04. Drive
05. The Outsiders
06. Sitting Still
07. Wanderlust
08. Animal
09. Leaving New York
10. Everybody Hurts
11. Electron Blue
12. Me In Honey

Part 2 = 99MB
01. Electrolite
02. So Fast, So Numb
03. E-Bow the Letter (feat. Patti Smith)
04. Final Straw
05. Orange Crush
06. Walk Unafraid
07. Losing My Religion
-(encore)-
08. Imitation of Life
09. The Great Beyond
10. Nightswimming (and speech)
11. It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
12. I'm Gonna DJ
13. Man on the Moon

And finally, if anybody is interested in this, here are some tracks that were pro recorded from the gig and later broadcast on BBC Radio 2 in a one hour special. The songs that feature in this recording were also mixed into the above audience recording and used to enhance its quality- not by me I should add, I can't take that credit! Sorry I couldn't be bothered to split the piece into separate tracks (WTF,K?, TOIL, Drive, The Outsiders, LNY, Everybody Hurts, Electron Blue, Final Straw, Orange Crush, Walk Unafraid, LMR, MOTM... plus the news and some other junk at the end where I over-ran, oops!):

Radio 2 Hyde Park 2005 rip = 61MB

And finally just to repeat and bump this thread along, if anyone has any of the following rare tracks they could upload, I'd be most grateful:

GREEN:

-Eleventh Untitled Song - instrumental version B-side (Stand single)

-Get Up (live)
-Orange Crush (live)
-Turn You Inside-Out (all live from untitled WB promo (Orlando '89), Sept. 1989))
...have bootlegged show but would be great if someone actually has the official CD quality version

-Get Up (live)
-World Leader Pretend (live)
-It's the End of the World as We Know It (all live from 'Music from Tourfilm' promo CD 1990)
...I guess it's just basically the audio taken from Tourfilm recordings

OUT OF TIME:

-Shiny Happy People (Hip Mix)
-Pop Song '89 (live acoustic from Borderline 15/03/91) B-side on Near Wild Heaven 12" single
... still unclear whether this is the same as the acoustic version that appears on In Time 2nd disc/Pop Song 89 single

UP:
-At My Most Beautiful (live Radio 1 Session/Jools Holland, AMMB single)
-Suspicion (live from Ealing Studios, Suspicion single)
-Perfect Circle (live Later with Jools Holland, Suspicion single)

REVEAL:

-I've Been High (live video, Sydney, 31/05/01, I'll Take the Rain single)
... I have the audio version but if anyone can upload the video version I'd be grateful

IN TIME:

-So. Central Rain (live Los Angeles, 9/09/03) Animal single B-sdie
-Welcome to the Occupation (live New York, 7/10/03) Animal single B-side
... not sure, but possibly same version as on 'A Joyful Noise' promo CD which I've got.

ATS:
-Wanderlust (live Santa Barbara, 14/10/04) download only
-Leaving New York (live St. James Church) download only- could actually be from Athens rehearsal studio (according to iTunes)

-Bad Day (live video, Zaragoza, 28/05/05)
-Leaving New York (live video, Helsinki, 29/01/05)
... have audio to both these, but again if anyone has the videos, would be grateful to see them

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom