24 hour party people

J

Jilted Jim

Anyone seen 24 Hour Party People yet? FANTASTIC film, captures the Manchester vibe extremely well, but was dissapointed at the lack of the Smiths.
Yes, yes, I know Morrissey was in the film (an actor portraying him, I mean), but only for about half a second.
The Smiths had a long-running connection with Tony Wilson/ Factory records- for example, they played the Hacienda 3 times, and they nearly signed to factory at one point. So they should have been in the film more! The Smiths would improve any film.

There's ice on the sink where we bathe

Ye Olde f***eth Aged News

Thanks, did you also know that Morrissey sang some new songs on his tour? Oh wait, did you know there was evena tour?

Moron.

Bitchin' Flick

Yeah I thought that movie was GREAT as well

cheers

Re: Ye Olde f***eth loser

> Thanks, did you also know that Morrissey sang some new songs on his tour?
> Oh wait, did you know there was evena tour?

> Moron.

So what if he's bringing up "old news", what riveting topic have you come up with lately? Hmm?

I absolutely adore this film!! Fantastic! I listen to the soundtrack religiously.

Re: Back of the net!

I was kind of disappointed with the film, though I did think Steve Coogan as Tony Parsons was entirely appropriate. It's a shame that Tony Parsons is such a huge part of the film, because I wanted more about the bands. I suppose he is the thread through it all. I'm happier with a weekly half hour dose of 'Alan Partridge' (Coogan's spoof fallen from fame Chat Show host now Radio Norwich DJ) than with the film.

Re: Wilson, Wilson

Tony Wilson. I did see the film honest.

> I was kind of disappointed with the film, though I did think Steve Coogan
> as Tony Wilson was entirely appropriate. It's a shame that Tony Wilson
> is such a huge part of the film, because I wanted more about the bands. I
> suppose he is the thread through it all. I'm happier with a weekly half
> hour dose of 'Alan Partridge' (Coogan's spoof fallen from fame Chat Show
> host now Radio Norwich DJ) than with the film.