Morrissey's image and quote being used by BNP on Facebook

I am assuming you and the other folks harping on "racism" are left-leaning fools, which would explain your closed-mindedness. It is a great irony of modern society that those who preach change as superior minded beings and call anyone and everyone racist and sexist are, in fact, totally unwilling to discuss, use reason, or be swayed by the opinions of others because they somehow already know that anyone who does not agree entirely with their politically hysteric agenda must be an evil white male, which means, naturally, that they are also terrible people.

It is a great irony of right-leaning ideologues to call progressives "politically hysteric." Casually insinuating that those opposed to your viewpoint are "fools" is hardly a reasonable tool for promulgating discussion and swaying opinion.

Why come back to this with some hypothetical?

Perhaps because you have the audacity to lament the decline of iconic art design and lyrical genius post 1997 on one thread, yet point your finger at Morrissey and claim he is a racist, is xenophobic, and could only find inspiration from football hooligans with homemade tattoos (pre 1997) on another thread? How utterly stupid are you, really?

Your claims are simply not true. You wouldn't find Morrissey spending 90% of his time in Los Angeles - anywhere in America for that matter, or finalizing tour plans for dates in Asia and wherever else he decides to go. If he was anything like the BNP, he would stay put in England because his hate for all that is not English would prevent him from leaving his country. Yes, the words were definitely taken out of context. I'm sorry you are too dense to understand the lyric from Bengali In Platforms or grasp the true meaning behind that quote the BNP used. I can see how, to someone who doesn't know Morrissey, like a new fan, perhaps, that quote could be misunderstood, but you're a self proclaimed oldie, so your confusion is almost laughable.

When you made that absolute final decision that, to you, Morrissey is purely a racist, then you should have dropped him like a hot cake and sold your collection of Smiths/Morrissey albums and other memorabilia. I mean, why listen to or spend money on someone whose views you don't agree with? I certainly don't. And I definitely wouldn't spend my free time on a website dedicated to them.

Furthermore, if anyone can be called a troll or delusional here, it's you and your friend dinglebottom.

Last edited:
Perhaps because you have the audacity to lament the decline of iconic art design and lyrical genius post 1997 on one thread, yet point your finger at Morrissey and claim he is a racist, is xenophobic, and could only find inspiration from football hooligans with homemade tattoos (pre 1997) on another thread? How utterly stupid are you, really?

You're claims are simply not true. You wouldn't find Morrissey spending 90% of his time in Los Angeles - anywhere in America for that matter, or finalizing tour plans for dates in Asia and wherever else he decides to go. If he was anything like the BNP, he would stay put in England because his hate for all that is not English would prevent him from leaving his country. Yes, the words were definitely taken out of context. I'm sorry you are too dense to understand the lyric from Bengali In Platforms or grasp the true meaning behind that quote the BNP used. I can see how, to someone who doesn't know Morrissey, like a new fan, perhaps, that quote could be misunderstood, but you're a self proclaimed oldie, so your confusion is almost laughable.

When you made that absolute final decision that, to you, Morrissey is purely a racist, then you should have dropped him like a hot cake and sold your collection of Smiths/Morrissey albums and other memorabilia. I mean, why listen to or spend money on someone whose views you don't agree with? I certainly don't. And I definitely wouldn't spend my free time on a website dedicated to them.

Furthermore, if anyone can be called a troll or delusional here, it's you and your friend dinglebottom.

We know why he doesn't live in England. Hint:Mike Joyce. But when he's there he finds the floodgates have opened on immigration and he can't hear an English accent.
Morrissey has songs I love and says things I find racist.
I've explained my feelings on Bengali in Platforms, and rather than tell me what it actually means you just want to pretend I'm stupid. the funny thing is that I post anonymously and you're bothered enough by what I say to form some sort of idea of me. You have posted for years under the same username and never made an impression on me.

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif

is this the new "i'm not racist because i have a black friend" excuse that white people use?????
Do you realize that what you just said is racist based on the modern politically hysteric definition?

- - - Updated - - -

It's the one they use if they don't actually have any black friends.

By "they" you mean white males, whom you dislike due to their race and sex. Correct?

Do you realize that what you just said is racist based on the modern politically hysteric definition?

- - - Updated - - -

By "they" you mean white males, whom you dislike due to their race and sex. Correct?

get a life dude you got your ass handed to you much earlier in this thread. YOU ARE WRONG faux black man......... now go troll some more about Canada date......

btw bu-frecking-hu for the white males

they have so so hard :lbf: '

youre such a loser............. and take that f***ing hand in glove idiot with you

No, that is not what "we" are discussing. To you it seems to matter that the quote was used "out of context" but I don't think you even know what that means. For the quote to be used out of context it would have to be part of a larger statement which modifies the meaning of the smaller quote.
You are accusing people of refusing to use reason but you fall back on stock rhetoric.

If you don't agree with the BNP then you should consider what it means that some of his views overlap with theirs and question what that means. If you do agree with BNP you shouldn't have a problem that you and Morrissey share some of their views.

I will send you snippets regarding context from a useful essay when I get home.

- - -

And now I am home. This is relevant not only to writing, but communication in general, and applies to the "racist" song interpretations discussed above as well:

"Consider what occurs whenever something is written and submitted to another or others as means of communication: the actual words, such as they are, leave one party and come to the attention of some other. Those same words from the sender are then read by the receiver; what is not communicated is the intent of the sender. The receiver, like the sender, must be creative with the words to reformulate the meaning that they were meant to carry. The meaning from these same words can be understood differently in different contexts. Derrida declares, for instance, that “a context is never absolutely determinable” and that “its determination can never be entirely certain or saturated” (3). Derrida’s rhetoric here characterizes that “need” as having its own force and agency, a “force that breaks with its context, that is, with the collectivity of presences organizing the moment of its inscription. This breaking force… is not an accidental predicate[,] but the very structure of the written text” (9). As such, a piece of writing is never really finished. The reader, in essence, becomes a writer as well, filling in the blanks via his interpretive extensions. So, with the appendages detaching from the writer, they become linked with the reader, and further extended by him. I emphasize, as such, that writing is a consuming entity that has no limit, gaining a life of its own beyond what it is confined to by the reader-writer dynamic."

Last edited:
get a life dude you got your ass handed to you much earlier in this thread. YOU ARE WRONG faux black man......... now go troll some more about Canada date......

btw bu-frecking-hu for the white males

they have so so hard :lbf: '

youre such a loser............. and take that f***ing hand in glove idiot with you

You just used all the most predictable, uncreative lines out there, demonstrating your below-average intelligence. Aside from that, I take nothing from your post aside from prejudicial sentiments.

You just used all the most predictable, uncreative lines out there, demonstrating your below-average intelligence. Aside from that, I take nothing from your post aside from prejudicial sentiments.

You are pathetic....... Everyone on this thread has proved that they are way way smarter than you and hig. I dont think you have the right to question anyones iq. So keep on posting you have alredy showed what a joke you are.

So ill leave you to wallow in your own mess.

In sum, I will present a collection of quotes from a rollingstone.com article to attempt to demonstrate empirically that the conclusion purported above by the Anonymouses, and of course no one else, that Morrissey is "racist" because he has dared to criticize or open the door to controversial philosophical discussions about non-whites, is categorically unfounded.

2013: Morrissey refers to David and Victoria Beckham as "The Peckhams," describes them as "insufferable" and says they should be "dragged to the edge of the village and flogged."

2012: Morrissey links the suicide of a London nurse to the Duchess Kate Middleton. "There's no blame placed at Kate Middleton, who was in the hospital for, as far as I can see, absolutely no reason . . . She feels no shame about the death of this woman. The arrogance of the British royals is staggering, absolutely staggering."

2012: In an open letter to his fan club, Morrissey rips into the "blustering jingoism" of the London Olympics, comparing the mood in the U.K. to Nazi Germany. "The 'dazzling royals' have, quite naturally, hijacked the Olympics for their own empirical needs, and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press. . . The spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain."

2011: In an interview with Billboard, Morrissey calls Lady Gaga "nothing new" and says her style is "fraudulent, and the exact opposite of erotic." He also refers to Madonna as "McDonna" and says Michael Bublé is "famous and meaningless."

2010: Discussing animal cruelty in China, Morrissey tells The Guardian, "You can't help but feel that the Chinese people are a subspecies."

2002: From documentary The Importance of Being Morrissey: "Bring me the head of Elton John . . . which is one instance in which meat would not be murder, if it were served on a plate."

1997: Morrissey bashes Madonna again. "Madonna reinforces everything absurd and offensive. Desperate womanhood. Madonna is closer to organized prostitution than anything else."

1994: When asked about an incident in which an Australian student shot a starting pistol at the Prince of Wales, Morrissey responds, "I wish that Prince Charles had been shot. I think it would have made the world a more interesting place."

- - - - - - - - - -

Do you see a pattern?

I do. Most people he criticizes are white. Most people he criticizes have, in his opinion, abused power, and in the case of the Chinese famously abusing animals en masse, he philosophizes that there could be deeply ingrained inhumanity in regard to animals within Chinese culture, which puts them (not Americans/Canadians/Brits etc. of Chinese descent, but the dog-and-cat-eating Chinese of the motherland) below (hence sub) the general animal rights standard that has been set among this species' developed nations.

Please see the link and feel free to read on and analyze for yourself:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/morrisseys-15-most-outrageous-quotes-20130306

"If anyone has seen the horrific and unwatchable footage of the Chinese cat and dog trade - animals skinned alive - then they could not possibly argue in favour of China as a caring nation. There are no animal protection laws in China and this results in the worst animal abuse and cruelty on the planet. It is indefensible." -- Morrissey

So your argument is that (1)communication is imperfect so haw can we really ever know what someone is saying and (2)that you can't be a racist if some of the people you don't like are your same race?

You know point number 1 is bullshit. While it's true that language can be misleading, imperfect, and is always at best an approximation of the underlying thought, you have no trouble labeling people as politically hysteric, which I'm guessing is the equivalent of politically correct. You used language to write a couple of medium length posts, and you did some research while writing them, so you obviously haven't turned your back on language, although I'm afraid language has given you the cold shoulder.

Point 2, that to be a racist you must be exclusively racist, is ridiculous. Has Morrissey talked about turning the Bacham children into a coat? Was Hitler not a racist? Many of the people he waged war against were "white."

Thanks. I didn't know where I stood on the whole Morrissey racism thing, but it's pretty clear to me now that anyone who has criticised Elton John can't possibly be racist. Funny how sometimes you cant see the wood for the trees.

We know why he doesn't live in England. Hint:Mike Joyce. But when he's there he finds the floodgates have opened on immigration and he can't hear an English accent.
Morrissey has songs I love and says things I find racist.
I've explained my feelings on Bengali in Platforms, and rather than tell me what it actually means you just want to pretend I'm stupid. the funny thing is that I post anonymously and you're bothered enough by what I say to form some sort of idea of me. You have posted for years under the same username and never made an impression on me.

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif

1. I explained what it means six pages ago. You're not open to see it any other way, though, so it doesn't much matter.
2. 0bba7a43c7 doesnt quite make you anonymous.
3. I don't care whether you like me or not.

1. I explained what it means six pages ago. You're not open to see it any other way, though, so it doesn't much matter.
2. 0bba7a43c7 doesnt quite make you anonymous.
3. I don't care whether you like me or not.

1. Link, please? It appears to matter to you, so I'm willing to read it.
2. Flattering that you care.
3. It's not about liking you or not. I'm not sure there is anything about you to like or dislike. Good luck developing a personality.

is this the new "i'm not racist because i have a black friend" excuse that white people use?????

I get the sense that Morrissey genuinely respects (and is genuinely moved by) James Baldwin's work. Baldwin's importance wasn't just his skin color; he was a keen social critic who publicly dismantled the case for racism, and exposed the moral bankruptcy of such an ideology. He preached liberation from small-mindedness.

Reducing him to a "black friend" is one way of dismissing him, but doesn't address the issue of why a racist would promote and idolize someone whose life's work was to destroy racism.

You are pathetic....... Everyone on this thread has proved that they are way way smarter than you and hig. I dont think you have the right to question anyones iq. So keep on posting you have alredy showed what a joke you are.

So ill leave you to wallow in your own mess.

You sound desperate.

So your argument is that (1)communication is imperfect so haw can we really ever know what someone is saying and (2)that you can't be a racist if some of the people you don't like are your same race?

You know point number 1 is bullshit. While it's true that language can be misleading, imperfect, and is always at best an approximation of the underlying thought, you have no trouble labeling people as politically hysteric, which I'm guessing is the equivalent of politically correct. You used language to write a couple of medium length posts, and you did some research while writing them, so you obviously haven't turned your back on language, although I'm afraid language has given you the cold shoulder.

Point 2, that to be a racist you must be exclusively racist, is ridiculous. Has Morrissey talked about turning the Bacham children into a coat? Was Hitler not a racist? Many of the people he waged war against were "white."

The point is, you have failed to sway anyone here to believe your ridiculous argument, and I have demonstrated why. Nothing you or the other Anons have said has carried any weight, even your precious "subspecies" card.

I get the sense that Morrissey genuinely respects (and is genuinely moved by) James Baldwin's work. Baldwin's importance wasn't just his skin color; he was a keen social critic who publicly dismantled the case for racism, and exposed the moral bankruptcy of such an ideology. He preached liberation from small-mindedness.

Reducing him to a "black friend" is one way of dismissing him, but doesn't address the issue of why a racist would promote and idolize someone whose life's work was to destroy racism.

um i take you didn't understand the black friend analogy?? usually white people when are accussed of racism use the "i can't be racist, i have a black friend" excuse to justify their racism. You are using Jame Baldwin to justify morrissey' racism. i've seen some fan saying "moz can't be racist, he likes all those girl groups from the 60's" like that would make a difference. You can like some black artist art and still be a racist jsyk. I mean, i think morrissey's racism had to do a lot with ignorance??? like, he uses the word blackface to refer to a black person and i'm pretty sure that's not what blackface means

um i take you didn't understand the black friend analogy?? usually white people when are accussed of racism use the "i can't be racist, i have a black friend" excuse to justify their racism. You are using Jame Baldwin to justify morrissey' racism. i've seen some fan saying "moz can't be racist, he likes all those girl groups from the 60's" like that would make a difference. You can like some black artist art and still be a racist jsyk. I mean, i think morrissey's racism had to do a lot with ignorance??? like, he uses the word blackface to refer to a black person and i'm pretty sure that's not what blackface means

Mr Powebottom:

It appears that you are racist.

Regards,

Infeer E. Ority-Complecks

Back
Top Bottom