105 years ago today

E

ecce

Oscar Wilde was convicted of indecency and sodomy. He was sentenced to two years of hard labor.

courtesy of http://www.rotten.com/today

What a crime in itself to have locked up such a genius. :(

> Oscar Wilde was convicted of indecency and sodomy. He was
> sentenced to two years of hard labor.

> courtesy of http://www.rotten.com/today

Yep, and on NOV. 30 this year it is exactly 100 years ago he died.

I wonder who I meet on that day , at Pere Lachaise.

Celibate Cry

Re: 105 years ago-but not far from today

> Oscar Wilde was convicted of indecency and sodomy. He was
> sentenced to two years of hard labor.

> courtesy of http://www.rotten.com/today

Yes, but the funny thing is, it was probably a ruling of some toffee nosed twat judge/peer whatever who went to one of our great institutions, ie, Eton, Harrow, oxford, Caimbridge... And in all of those upper class inbread over privelidged public schools, got one brain cell to share in the whole gene pool and bottomy is practically in the curriculum son, so grin and bear it what-ho!!

("and believe me that pool aint gettin any bigger" said Margaret Upyabot-slyme of Buckinghamshire.)

Come on that's a good boy don't be a rum lad, and bend over for Head Master.

Stop to pick up a pin at one of those places and believe me it aint gonna be your lucky day! (Even if you do like that sort of thing I bet it isn't with a 56 year old fox hunter who looks more like his horse than does it's foal!)

You have been warned...Never bend over to polish your shoes in the Home Counties!

I barely understood what you said, but it was still pretty f.ucking funny.

-ecce

Have your read the comic book satire on the last few days of his life. It's called 'Melmoth' and it has a talking aardvark. It's pretty hot.

Re: What I was trying to say is...

> I barely understood what you said, but it was still pretty
> f.ucking funny.

> -ecce

...that of the people, in GB, most vehemently opposed to Homosexuality, ie, the Lords, peers etc. Most went to public schools, where it is well known that, that sort of thing, is rife! Double standards, dear boy, double standards!!

Oh dear. You have over-dosed on stereotypes haven't you?
I suppose in your world everything's like Enid Blyton, with lashes of ginger beer?

Re: You make me FEEL 105.

> Oh dear. You have over-dosed on stereotypes haven't you?
> I suppose in your world everything's like Enid Blyton, with
> lashes of ginger beer?

If the point is in mexico you are in germany! The best and only thing for you to consider is the following quotation:

"I'm going to be going round and around in a circular motion and hopefully you might get the point. What you think means nothing, you are nothing..."

I could say more but I think you get the general idea.

Re: You make me look 105.

You post on this board a lot don't you? I think you need to get out more, dear.

> You post on this board a lot don't you? I think you need to get
> out more, dear.

Maybe I would if I weren't disabled.

> Have your read the comic book satire on the last few days of his
> life. It's called 'Melmoth' and it has a talking aardvark. It's
> pretty hot.

No I haven't. Quickly an ISBN nbr please, thanks for info.

Celibate Cry

> Maybe I would if I weren't disabled.

Wasn't - singular, not plural. How do you pass your days then?

> Wasn't - singular, not plural. How do you pass your days then?

Now that David has straigtened out the impostor problem, I think he should he write a program that blocks people who feel compelled to correct other posters' grammar and spelling. (BTW, I think you should have put a comma between "days" and "then".)

Pedant's Corner

It's all part of the fun! So-called "Netiquette" says that punctuation and spelling aren't important, but I disagree. I like annoying people by correcting their mistakes. People should learn... You see the same errors time and time again. Such as confusion over "their" and "there", "where" and "were" and "its" and "it's". It's not difficult to learn the correct usage, is it? Hmm?

Re: Pedant's Corner

> It's all part of the fun! So-called "Netiquette" says
> that punctuation and spelling aren't important, but I disagree.
> I like annoying people by correcting their mistakes. People
> should learn... You see the same errors time and time again.
> Such as confusion over "their" and "there",
> "where" and "were" and "its" and
> "it's". It's not difficult to learn the correct usage,
> is it? Hmm?
well, then you should learn that if a line has a continuation then ends a thought such as your sentence "People should learn...," there should be another period and the quotation mark is after the period on "it's." who cares if we know what the person means? we can all be picky and it really isn't a paper that is being graded that we're turning in or is it? i don't even capitalize!

by-buy (oops i think it's spelled "bye"),
please forgive me

did you spelled "Elliot" wrong on purpose? you do know it's "Eliot" right? isn't

> It's all part of the fun! So-called "Netiquette" says
> that punctuation and spelling aren't important, but I disagree.
> I like annoying people by correcting their mistakes. People
> should learn... You see the same errors time and time again.
> Such as confusion over "their" and "there",
> "where" and "were" and "its" and
> "it's". It's not difficult to learn the correct usage,
> is it? Hmm?

Re: did you spelled "Elliot" wrong on purpose? you do know it's "Eliot" right? i

I did NOT spell Elliott incorrectly at all. I was referring to George Elliott the butcher from the High Street. Everybody knows him; cheery soul who always has a twinkle in his eye.

Back
Top Bottom