'02 Enmore Theatre set list pic

marred

I was flicking through my peepholeism book last night and this fell out. I hadn't seen it in ages. You see a lot of complaining about Morrissey set lists these days but I dare anyone to moan about this one.

You've got 7 Viva Hate/Bona Drag tracks, 4 of the best Quarry tracks that were still yet to be released, Jack the Ripper, Speedway as a closer and What better encore could you have? I forgot how spoiled we were that night, but then i remembered it was the first time he'd played Sydney ever so I guess we weren't too spoiled after all :)

Although now I read the list again I forgot to mention he grabbed my hand and gave me a good look over during November!

[URL=http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/cinemarr1/media/moz_2002_setlist_zpse629c643.jpeg.html][/URL]

Last edited:
I want to revisit this setlist from 1992, personally. It was only the second time I saw Morrissey, and the first time up close (first time was nosebleeds at Madison Square Garden). I completely forgot that he was doing that cover of My Insatiable One. That was a crazy, crazy night—I had NO idea what I was in for!

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g920918.htm

p.s. Marred, I had a November moment during this show, too. I still have my shredded scrap of gold lamé shirt to prove it. :D

I would definitely not complain about that one!

edit: added link! http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g021013.htm

Thanks for posting that Fred. I hadn't seen that before and it brought back some good memories. I remember Morrissey saying "Please take Kylie back". I remember yelling "NO!" You can see Morrissey being bought out by said pall bearers on the Importance of Being Morrissey documentary and a quick flash of me in the front row :)

note: I'm sure someone is going to move this thread to the tour section but no one is reading there now for good reason so that's why I posted it here.

Thanks for posting that Fred. I hadn't seen that before and it brought back some good memories. I remember Morrissey saying "Please take Kylie back". I remember yelling "NO!" You can see Morrissey being bought out by said pall bearers on the Importance of Being Morrissey documentary and a quick flash of me in the front row :)

note: I'm sure someone is going to move this thread to the tour section but no one is reading there now for good reason so that's why I posted it here.

I will have to see if I can find ya. What are you wearing? (yeah...cause that doesn’t sound creepy!)

I want to revisit this setlist from 1992, personally. It was only the second time I saw Morrissey, and the first time up close (first time was nosebleeds at Madison Square Garden). I completely forgot that he was doing that cover of My Insatiable One. That was a crazy, crazy night—I had NO idea what I was in for!

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g920918.htm

p.s. Marred, I had a November moment during this show, too. I still have my shredded scrap of gold lamé shirt to prove it. :D

I’m so jealous! I’ve only seen him twice and never super up close.

Somewhat related, did you see him on Maladjusted tour when Smoking Popes opened?

That show looks like it had some great stage banter. "Boz is oiling the banjo, we all know what that means!"

I’m so jealous! I’ve only seen him twice and never super up close.

Somewhat related, did you see him on Maladjusted tour when Smoking Popes opened?

Yes! I think only NYC show I've missed since 1991 was at the Limelight (1992). Some sort of parental nonsense, I'm sure.

Man, I would’ve loved to see that. I’m a big fan of Smoking Popes and it would definitely be more entertaining seeing them than the openers I had to endure the two times I saw him!

Nice one. He is so generous with his fabric :)

Every Morrissey fan should be so lucky to have a November moment but it's more special that only a select few have.

Last edited:
I will have to see if I can find ya. What are you wearing? (yeah...cause that doesn’t sound creepy!)

I'm wearing a green baseball type t shirt with white sleeves up against the front rail. I don't think my face is shown though. It'd be creepy if we weren't Morrissey fans :)

That show looks like it had some great stage banter. "Boz is oiling the banjo, we all know what that means!"

Yeah everyone was laughing their heads off when the band brought his stiff body out. It was quite an entrance. I'm glad the film crew didn't interview me that night. I'd hate to have footage out there of me gushing like a little girl. It wasn't the first time I saw him live but it was the first time seeing him in my country which is why that signature pic will stay right where it is. I saw him 3 times in Australia in '02 because he was playing a festival the following night 10 mins from my house and then saw him in Brisbane where my girlfriend of the time was working. Happy days!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom