Will Sanctuary release a traditional single(s) ??

H

Harsh Truth

Let's face it. In today's music world, the "single" is fading a bit as a viable medium for the distribution and sale of a song. Record shops display, and sell, very few singles (cd ep, 7", 12", cassette) anymore.

Will Sanctuary release a traditional Morrissey single, with a clear A-Side with one, two, or three B-Sides of new or live matierial?

The single has long been a fixture in Morrissey's recording career. Many great songs originally appeared as a non-album B-Side (Sister I'm A Poet, Nobody Loves Us, Lost, You Must Please Remember, I Can Have Both, Get off the Stage, jack the Ripper......) Also, there are several examples of killer live material being released on singles, suporting a new track.

Will this proud tradition continue, or will it go the way of the dodo bird?

> Let's face it. In today's music world, the "single" is fading a
> bit as a viable medium for the distribution and sale of a song. Record
i'm sure it will be like in '97. singles released in the UK and the rest of us waiting to buy it on import.

> shops display, and sell, very few singles (cd ep, 7", 12",
> cassette) anymore.

> Will Sanctuary release a traditional Morrissey single, with a clear A-Side
> with one, two, or three B-Sides of new or live matierial?

> The single has long been a fixture in Morrissey's recording career. Many
> great songs originally appeared as a non-album B-Side (Sister I'm A Poet,
> Nobody Loves Us, Lost, You Must Please Remember, I Can Have Both, Get off
> the Stage, jack the Ripper......) Also, there are several examples of
> killer live material being released on singles, suporting a new track.

> Will this proud tradition continue, or will it go the way of the dodo
> bird?

> i'm sure it will be like in '97. singles released in the UK and the rest
> of us waiting to buy it on import.

I can't imagine not having a new single, there's nothing like the anticipation of the B-sides and if we have to wait an extra week to pick up the UK Version as Suzanne mentioned, that's okay, it wouldn't be the first time.

I really believe that "First of The Gang to Die" could be a cross-over hit in the states, because it tells the story of a young Mexican, named Hector, whose life was cut short. The song tells the story of many young men of Hispanic ancestry who have met the same tragic end. I could see this song really appealing to both the Alternative listeners, as well as Latinos who don't listen to Moz. I would not be surprised if a well known Mexican group covered the song, though I wish Moz would have a go at singing it in Spanish and seeing how it sounded. It could give him the biggest hit of his entire career, because the Spanish stations would play it, and 1/2 of California is of Latino ancestry in a state of nearly 40 million people. I think he could pull it off. And, I really do think the song is a hit. For the reasons mentioned above, I believe that "First of The Gang" will be released as a proper single in the UK and the USA, and that we will get our 12 inch vinyls signed by Mozzy in person in LA, London, and other cities.

> Let's face it. In today's music world, the "single" is fading a
> bit as a viable medium for the distribution and sale of a song. Record
> shops display, and sell, very few singles (cd ep, 7", 12",
> cassette) anymore.

> Will Sanctuary release a traditional Morrissey single, with a clear A-Side
> with one, two, or three B-Sides of new or live matierial?

> The single has long been a fixture in Morrissey's recording career. Many
> great songs originally appeared as a non-album B-Side (Sister I'm A Poet,
> Nobody Loves Us, Lost, You Must Please Remember, I Can Have Both, Get off
> the Stage, jack the Ripper......) Also, there are several examples of
> killer live material being released on singles, suporting a new track.

> Will this proud tradition continue, or will it go the way of the dodo
> bird?

I think we will definitely have 7" and 12" single followed by LP,CD etc.

On the point of declining record sales I read recently that the only recorded format to show an increase in sales last year was vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom