Which Morrissey song would you like to re-arrange or remix?

Anyone else think that a fair few Moz songs would benefit from a different arrangement or a bit of editing?
Then, this is the thread for you!
List up to 5 (or more if you can be bothered!) songs and how you think they should be changed...

1. I have Forgiven Jesus; get rid of that horrible keyboard sound! Also remove the 'days of the week' bit from the end. Instead, bung in a couple more choruses. The chorus is fantastic but we only hear it twice...

2. Ouija Board; ditch the synth-harpsichord and let's have the real thing! A proper, tinkling, medieval harpsichord a la Blur's 'Clover over Dover'. Also the crunchy electric guitar solo sounds out of place. Please remove!

3. Trouble Loves Me; remove the final verse with its ghastly synth bagpipe! Detracts from an otherwise faultless song.

4. We Hate it When; the live song is brilliant, the recorded version is dull! Not sure what the main musical difference is. I guess the live guitars just sound a bit more ... raucous!

5. Boy Racer; remove the final minute of feedback; does nothing for the enjoyment of the song. Moz trying self-consciously to sound 'grunge'!

Over to you!

I LOVE the keyboard sound in "Jesus". The only Criticism I have of the album is that all the strings are done on a keyboard rather than real strings

That's not remixing a song... that's re-writing it! :rolleyes:

And yes, it does sound a little sinister - many Morrissey lyrics do!

ah, but Moz himself has added/removed lyrics/verses from different versions of his songs.
Jack the Ripper and Piccadilly Palare both lost a verse from earlier versions and I think he added a verse to Some Girls when he sang it live. So, that makes it ok!

ah, but Moz himself has added/removed lyrics/verses from different versions of his songs.
Jack the Ripper and Piccadilly Palare both lost a verse from earlier versions and I think he added a verse to Some Girls when he sang it live. So, that makes it ok!

I never said it wasn't allowed... just that it was re-writing the song. It is not Morrissey's song anymore - it is your version of it.

Yes, people do it. Morrissey, for instance, does it with his covers, he changes other people's lyrics to suit him.

Back
Top Bottom