Universal Ampitheater Pit

A

Anna Feb

I just bought a pit/GA ticket to the Thurs. L.A. show. I don't live in CA, so I am wondering what it will be like. How many people fit into the pit, will they all
be jockeying to be against the barricade, will people line up outside before hand, if so how early? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Well I have been in the pit for a few other shows at this venue but none of them were for Morrissey. My advice for any Moz show is to be early coz there are atleast 80 super diehard fans that will be there if not more. I also am lucky enough to score pit for both shows. I just hope to be in the very front with a chance to shake the Kings hand. Well good luck and enjoy the show!

pic218089.jpg

the pit there is kinda big, but the barricade has a lot of room cause it's kinda shaped like a semi-circle around the stage. The last time he played there, I got there at like 1:00pm, and I still got a spot right in the front, Alainside. Don't think there's any point to camp out like the Wiltern or anything.

> I just bought a pit/GA ticket to the Thurs. L.A. show. I don't live in CA,
> so I am wondering what it will be like. How many people fit into the pit,
> will they all
> be jockeying to be against the barricade, will people line up outside
> before hand, if so how early? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

> the pit there is kinda big, but the barricade has a lot of room cause it's
> kinda shaped like a semi-circle around the stage. The last time he played
> there, I got there at like 1:00pm, and I still got a spot right in the
> front, Alainside. Don't think there's any point to camp out like the
> Wiltern or anything.

I don't like Univ Amp becuase of that "semi-circle" setting. But you know people will be camping out for both shows.

> But
> you know people will be camping out for both shows.

Somehow, I really doubt that..... The pit only hold like 250 people. It's not like a show that's entirely ga. Out of those 250 or so people, how many do you seriously think will be 'camping out' both nights? It's not like the Wiltern, or the HOB or whatever. That stage is HUGE..... Nobody I know plans on camping out. Maybe going at like 10 or 11am, but that's about it. I don't think that they will even let you line up/camp out overnight at Universal Studios.

> Somehow, I really doubt that..... The pit only hold like 250 people. It's
> not like a show that's entirely ga. Out of those 250 or so people, how
> many do you seriously think will be 'camping out' both nights? It's not
> like the Wiltern, or the HOB or whatever. That stage is HUGE..... Nobody I
> know plans on camping out. Maybe going at like 10 or 11am, but that's
> about it. I don't think that they will even let you line up/camp out
> overnight at Universal Studios.

True, but it wouldn't surprise me. You probably know the people I'm talking about though. They camped out at the Wiltern... or I should say I camped out with them there & even a few times before. Anyway, I'll see you Sharron in Texas, LA and Vegas.

Where do you think I would end up if I got there around when doors opened? I'm flying in and might want to see more of L.A. then the line outside the theater...

From what I remember, the rail is a little far from the stage; Morrissey had to really stretch to reach anyone. But I was more on the side, so I think the gap becomes even larger there. Also, another problem with Universal is that they make you line up outside these gates that are relatively far from the entrance to the amphitheatre. Once the gates are open, it becomes a free for all, and everyone RUNS LIKE HELL to try to gain on those in front of them. Then they split the line into maybe three to do a search and give you a wristband for the pit. After that, you run even farther to the doors of the theatre. There you have your choice of several different entrances to the pit, which splits the line up even more. Once those doors open, you have to run downstairs to the pit. So, basically, it sort of depends on how fast you can run and whether you choose a good entrance.

This was my experience in March 2000 anyway.

Wow, I better start training:) Thanks everyone for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom