uk music v us music

mike joyce

the smiths,the beatles,pink floyd,stone roses and oasis v eminem,nsync,limp bizkit,aerosmith and jay z

what country is better?

Very clever.

You do know though that without US music the likes of the Smiths, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Stone Roses and Oasis would never have existed though, right?

Very clever.

You do know though that without US music the likes of the Smiths, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Stone Roses and Oasis would never have existed though, right?

im not sure how

i doubt oasis were influenced by crap like aerosmith

you are a yank aint you

UK music helped inspire US music, but it's not been one way traffic. The UK have had bands such as Def Leopard, The Who, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, The Jam, The Libertines, Blur, The Sex Pistols, Pulp, The Smiths and countless other artists.

US have had people like Bob Dylan, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Kiss, Foo Fighters, Iggy Pop, REM, Tom Waits, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bruce Springsteen and countless others.

Both Nations have had great artists and their flops, that's life.

def leppard

lol.JPG

the smiths,the beatles,pink floyd,stone roses and oasis v eminem,nsync,limp bizkit,aerosmith and jay z

what country is better?

The flaw in this question is that you're basing it completely off a few great UK bands and a few crappy US bands and deciding which country is superior. That makes literally no sense in any way. Anyways, not many Americans actually listen to top 40 crap. It's mostly 12-20 year-olds who are the key demographic for those US bands. Trust me, I live in the US. I know what people listen to and adults (atleast the majority of them) don't listen to Limp Bizkit or N'sync. And it's not like Americans can listen to music from the UK and people from the UK can listen to US music. It isn't like it's impossible to listen to music made outside one's country.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm English.

To take your Oasis example though. Oasis, anyone who's listened to them could tell you are enourmously influenced by the Beatles. And the Beatles had no British influences - their entire music was based on Amercian sounds from Elvis, Link Wray, Little Richard etc etc.

Actually, while I'm making you look like an idiot with the rest of the forum, how can you think that Mucky Finger isn't a complete rip off of the Velvet Underground? And Oasis' official myspace page listed The Stooges and Neil Young as influences.

Last edited:
Arctic Monkeys, Robbie Williams, McFly, and Lady Sovereign vs. Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, and Muddy Waters. :rolleyes:

Arctic Monkeys, Robbie Williams, McFly, and Lady Sovereign vs. Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, and Muddy Waters. :rolleyes:

Ahahahahaha. We win. Just kidding; the nationality of the band means very little to absolutely nothing.

arctic monkeys are the best from that list

uk wins

The Arctic Monkeys wouldn't be playing right now if not for Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, and Muddy Waters. You do realize the rock and roll does have its roots in America, right? ;)

Ahahahahaha. We win. Just kidding; the nationality of the band means very little to absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Wow, someone who likes the Arctic Monkeys more than Elvis Presley... *smacks face* ....kids.

The Arctic Monkeys wouldn't be playing right now if not for Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, and Muddy Waters. You do realize the rock and roll does have its roots in America, right? ;)

arctic monkeys write their own songs unlike that tub of lard elvis

arctic monkeys write their own songs unlike that tub of lard elvis

And I can write three minutes of fart noises all by myself and call it a song (not that the Arctic Monkeys are that bad) but it doesn't mean it would sound good. :rolleyes: :p And, just for the record, Moz only writes the lyrics and vocal melodies to his songs. *runs*

And I can write three minutes of fart noises all by myself and call it a song (not that the Arctic Monkeys are that bad) but it doesn't mean it would sound good. :rolleyes: :p And, just for the record, Moz only writes the lyrics and vocal melodies to his songs. *runs*

elvis
just another artist americans go on about to try and seem important

he sucked

There are 4 topics here saying more or less the same thing:

uk music v us music
good american bands?
americas music icon
smiths best album pos in america?

Back
Top Bottom