Tori Amos pissed off with Morrissey?

watercoloursun

Out of boredom, I read the entry about Morrissey in Wikipedia and read towards the bottom, this comment Tori made to Morrissey...what the hell?!

"Fellow singer-songwriter Tori Amos recounted a story at her gig in Manchester on June 5, 2005 (captured as an "official bootleg") that she had expressed admiration at Morrissey's songwriting and he responded by saying, "What the f*** do you know?" Amos apparently replied: "What the f*** do I know, motherf***er? Who are you trying to sell records to in America, you small-dick f***head?!"

Yeah, I read that too. I can't believe that Moz would be so openly rude to Ms Amos. If he said anything like that at all it must have been in humour, and she took it the wrong way and got her knickers in a twist. Silly moo.

I've never heard Morrissey say 'f***' before.

Hepziah said:
Morrissey is a human being, so of course he's able to say f***!

I said I've never HEARD him say 'f***', you div. I wish people would read something properly before they invent something in their heads to argue about!

Tori should be pissed off @ her parents for how ugly she is. She has even less talent than my dogs ass. I actually chucked fruit @ Tori once, in L.A.

Why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

Moz is one of a kind and speaks his mind, I wouldn't expect anything less

lightupvirginmary said:
I said I've never HEARD him say 'f***', you div. I wish people would read something properly before they invent something in their heads to argue about!

I'm so sorry for being uncorrect. Thanks for the note and I will try to make it better the next time! :)

Inaccurate rubbish

This story is inaccuate as it is somewhat exaggerated. Don´t know Tori Amos´s schtick was but she referred to the alleged Morrissey as being short-assed...hmmm, I´ve met Morrissey and he is anything but short-assed. The guy is huge. He must be towering over Tori is he stood next to her. Weird story nonetheless.

Maybe she´s pissed off because people still refer to her as the bargain-bin Kate Bush.

yeah I'm thinking she's met the wrong guy (show's how much she must admire him..) if he's this "real short guy" then I don't know, I'm 6ft and seeing Moz face to face he was definatly a bit taller than me..

So this story pretty much comes down to Amos saying "hey you're ok, you're not as good as me, I'm pretty awesome and if you don't like me then you suck".

Hepziah said:
I'm so sorry for being uncorrect. Thanks for the note and I will try to make it better the next time! :)

I feel bad for calling you a div now! ;)

I think Tori either is lying or got the wrong end of the stick. I don't think Morrissey is famed for being confrontational to people's faces. He is more passive aggressive and seems to only slag people off when they are not there. When they are there, from all reports I've read, he either blanks them or leaves the room.

Okay I am a huge fan and supporter of Morrissey but If, IFF, the story w/ Tori Amos is true, then she has ALL the right in the world to be upset with Morrissey.

That is a very cruel thing to say, and let's face it, our Mozi tends to have a very sharp tongue at time.

I’ve noticed from reading Moz interviews that what he says is meant to be more “witty” than “cruel”. Reading an interview during his Los Angeles period he had some similar, cruel comments towards Radiohead and Emminem. But at the end of the interview the writer commented how Moz asked politely not to post the comments he made, saying that he realizes they way he expresses himself can come up as hurtful sometimes. Imagine that, Moz politely apologizing..

Anyways, Tori Amos has all the right in the world to be upset with Moz for what he said to her... i just wish she didn’t make a career out of it:)

He probably didn't mean it like that. She is just angry because his wittiness and breadth of knowledge is far superior to hers. As are his songs.

drumm09 said:
Anyways, Tori Amos has all the right in the world to be upset with Moz for what he said to her... i just wish she didn’t make a career out of it:)

Mentioning it once at a concert in Manchester, after being requested to play a Morrissey song during her impromptu covers section is hardly making a career out of it.

I wonder if the whole thing has been cleared up now (i.e. whether it was actually him or not)? Tori's drummer for many years now has been Matt Chamberlain, who of course played on ROTT...

watercoloursun said:
" Amos apparently replied: "What the f*** do I know, motherf***er? Who are you trying to sell records to in America, you small-dick f***head?!"

small dick? surely hers is much bigger...

Back
Top Bottom