Three nights at the Royal Festival Hall...

• Thread starter Sorrow of Stamford Bridge
  • Start date
S

Sorrow of Stamford Bridge

Well, good luck to everyone when tickets go on sale.

The RFH has a capacity of around 2,500...so even with three nights it will less than 90 minutes to shift tickets.

If gigsandtours get their hands on them a day early, we could be looking at the first ever gig to sell out before the day the tickets were supposed to go on sale.

Carling and Glastonbury are not exactly accessible either. I hope these dates aren't the sum of any UK tour.

But hey, it could be worse. Even Sweden has more dates scheduled than the US *LOL*

Whaaaa. Did I miss something? Is this rumour or confirmed fact?

When?

Morrissey gives UK show plans to Channel Four

See the meltdown exclusive posts..

Morrissey gave an imprompu interview of Channel Four Teletext at South/Damien Rice gigs in Camden last night.

He confirmed that he would be playing three nights at the Festival Hall, Glastonbury and the Carling Festival.

He also announced that The Libertines, Franz Ferdinand, Linder, the remaining New York Dolls and Alan Bennett would be on the Meltdown bill.

I think they also got a more formal (but brief) interview which they haven't given details of yet.

> Whaaaa. Did I miss something? Is this rumour or confirmed fact?

> When?

Here we go again with a rush and a push

Get your Visa cards out gang and prepare for another 48hrs of panic,frustration,mayhem and utter despair followed by seething rage when the tout bastards have snaffled all the best seats.Morrissey Morrissey Ra Ra Ra.

> Where exactly is the Royal Festival Hall?

London, England, near Hungerford Bridge, south of the River Thames

Link to Map

Re: Morrissey gives UK show plans to Channel Four

"But last night the plans of a future war
Was all I saw on Channel Four..."

George
[email protected]
www.workingclassproduction.co.uk

A warning to those hoping to get tix

Gigsandtours shouldn't get a sniff at this one - the South Bank Centre they have their own online ticket booking system. And it's an absolute nightmare. Even for low-key events it's painfully slow, and those who recently tried for Brian Wilson tix will testify to how poorly it coped with a surge.

Oh, and it wouldn't at all surprise me if most of the tix DO sell out before they go on general sale. Members of the Centre get priority access to tickets for all events at all of their various venues. This almost happened for both the aforementioned Brian Wilson dates and last year's Suede residency. Don't be stunned if you're a non-member and have to put up with the back rows, regardless of how soon after going on general sale you manage to get onto their site. Their phone box office is a much better bet - they have loads of capacity on their lines, and although you may queue on hold for an age, you will have a better chance than the thousands of people that'll flood their website.

Re: A warning to those hoping to get tix

And the number is?

Re: A warning to those hoping to get tix

Good point. That didn't actually occur to me. However this also means that even though it may appear sold out to start with it may not be as members of the festival hall don't have to take up their seats.

Alternatively you could join. But I wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom