Spoken word before a moz gig

?

?

Several questions really.

1) Who is the person that reads that poem type thing?

2) What is "nancy's turn" ?

3) What does everybody think about that poem?

To me although it is really rather powerful and sinister, at times it's so obvious it could have been written by a child.

Anyway - I'd be happy if anyone could help me.

Thank you

Don't know who is saying the poem type thing, although I think it sounds like the Liverpudlian actress Margi Clarke.
I do know that the track is called "Imperfect List" and it was out years ago. Don't know if it's being re-released on the back of Moz gigs.

1) It is Josie Jones . The track is attributed to 'Big Hard Excellent Fish'
2) I'm not sure but I think it's actually "Nancy's term" as in Nancy Reagan and her 'term in office' suggesting that she's the one who wears the trousers [this after 'Ronnie's term'
3) I think it's a work of art. I am a big fan of Pete Wylie (Mighty Wah! etc) who is the author of this track. I find it very powerful. It takes me back to the Thatcher years and a certain romantic curiosity I had about Liverpool and 'the north'. Have you heard 'A Word to the Wise Guy'? It's an LP and tracks have frothing rants called 'Yuh Learn' interspersed between them. No one does things like that anymore. I suppose rap has taken over if you want to make political comment these days.
4) It's re-released and available online at www.onelittleshop.com/

Some months ago the lines from 'Imperfect list' were posted here by some very clever person. I'll look 'em up.

> Several questions really.

> 1) Who is the person that reads that poem type thing?

> 2) What is "nancy's turn" ?

> 3) What does everybody think about that poem?

> To me although it is really rather powerful and sinister, at times it's so
> obvious it could have been written by a child.

> Anyway - I'd be happy if anyone could help me.

> Thank you

The vocalist is actually Josie Jones, not Margi Clark - and it has been re-released.

> Don't know who is saying the poem type thing, although I think it sounds
> like the Liverpudlian actress Margi Clarke.
> I do know that the track is called "Imperfect List" and it was
> out years ago. Don't know if it's being re-released on the back of Moz
> gigs.

It's by "Big Hard Excellent Fish", a side project of Pete Wylie's (The Mighty Wah! etc.) and the vocalist is Josie Jones.

From http://www.petewylie.com/

"His enthusiasm for music rekindled by the Manc phenomenon, Pete began recording again last year.

"I did the Big Hard Excellent Fish single (last year's indie hit "Imperfect List"). I wrote it, I told Josie (Jones) to do the talking, and I played all the stuff on it. That was one of the biggest buzzes, doing something that people wouldn't expect you to be capable of. I did 'Grim Up North' with the KLF, sung a track on Screaming Target's LP and worked on my own LP at the same time."

One Little Indian have re-released the CD single:

http://www.onelittleshop.com/index.php?cPath=17_118_179

Big Hard Excellent Fish: Imperfect List [CD]

Imperfect List [CD] Tracklisting And MP3 Samples

Track 1: Imperfect List 1 MP3
Track 2: Imperfect List 2 MP3
Track 3: Imperfect List 3 MP3
Track 4: Imperfect List 4 MP3

4 Track CD Single by Big Hard Excellent Fish (aka Pete Wylie). Features three Andrew Weatherall mixes and the original ambient version, used by Morrissey as intro music on his "You Are The Quarry" tour.

The vocalist is actually Josie Jones, not Margi Clark - and it has been re-released.

> Don't know who is saying the poem type thing, although I think it sounds
> like the Liverpudlian actress Margi Clarke.
> I do know that the track is called "Imperfect List" and it was
> out years ago. Don't know if it's being re-released on the back of Moz
> gigs.

It's by "Big Hard Excellent Fish", a side project of Pete Wylie's (The Mighty Wah! etc.) and the vocalist is Josie Jones.

From http://www.petewylie.com/

"His enthusiasm for music rekindled by the Manc phenomenon, Pete began recording again last year.

"I did the Big Hard Excellent Fish single (last year's indie hit "Imperfect List"). I wrote it, I told Josie (Jones) to do the talking, and I played all the stuff on it. That was one of the biggest buzzes, doing something that people wouldn't expect you to be capable of. I did 'Grim Up North' with the KLF, sung a track on Screaming Target's LP and worked on my own LP at the same time."

One Little Indian have re-released the CD single:

http://www.onelittleshop.com/index.php?cPath=17_118_179

Big Hard Excellent Fish: Imperfect List [CD]

Imperfect List [CD] Tracklisting And MP3 Samples

Track 1: Imperfect List 1 MP3
Track 2: Imperfect List 2 MP3
Track 3: Imperfect List 3 MP3
Track 4: Imperfect List 4 MP3

4 Track CD Single by Big Hard Excellent Fish (aka Pete Wylie). Features three Andrew Weatherall mixes and the original ambient version, used by Morrissey as intro music on his "You Are The Quarry" tour.

Back
Top Bottom