South With Morrissey

C

Crazy Mary

If any of you are thinking in getting the DVD or VHS becareful with subnuitting your credit card numbers online. The order form says that you can be "confident" submitting that data online but that is not true. The order form is not on a secure web server which means that all your credit card data is not encrypted when sent to the server. All the data that is transmitted on the internet withouth encryption can be easily "sniffed" by someone and used illegally. Be careful.

I sent an e-mail asking questions along those lines. He answered with a link to a site claiming to be the server. I was assured that the site was secure! Uh, yea sure! Needless to say I didn't use either the London address or the online credit form. *sigh*

> If any of you are thinking in getting the DVD or VHS becareful
> with subnuitting your credit card numbers online. The order form
> says that you can be "confident" submitting that data
> online but that is not true. The order form is not on a secure
> web server which means that all your credit card data is not
> encrypted when sent to the server. All the data that is
> transmitted on the internet withouth encryption can be easily
> "sniffed" by someone and used illegally. Be careful.

Dumbass, the first page isn't incrypted, but the other page dealing with credit card information IS.

> I sent an e-mail asking questions along those lines. He answered
> with a link to a site claiming to be the server. I was assured
> that the site was secure! Uh, yea sure! Needless to say I didn't
> use either the London address or the online credit form. *sigh*

So much suspicion.. What was up with the DV Arts address in London?? It's where my cheque went.. I would have delivered it personally if I could be bothered... but I will if they bounce me!

> So much suspicion.. What was up with the DV Arts address in
> London?? It's where my cheque went.. I would have delivered it
> personally if I could be bothered... but I will if they bounce
> me!

I think its just the Yanks dont understand UK addresses! Unless it say PO Box number whatever, its a real address, so I too will be popping round on my lunch break if the DVD doesnt turn up (or a refund!)

Back
Top Bottom