Rap Music thread

Re: Rap Music thread.

-Life is definitely full of surprises.

-Here, at Morrissey-Solo, I've encountered many surprises. However, none of them have been quite as startling as this latest one. You may be asking yourself, "What the heck happened?" Well you see, Temples just hijacked my Rap Music thread!!

"Colours To Life" by Temples

-Temples put the "groove" into groovy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Temples takeover- Day 2

"Prisms" by Temples

-Can you dig it?

-It really doesn't take a Guesser to realize that I'm loving that Temples sound.

"The Guesser" by Temples

Temples.jpg

Temples

Well Justin, it seems it's only you and me on this one.
Nevermind, they just don't know what they are missing. :)

This is my favourite one so far...

Saw them supporting Suede a few months ago and instantly loved their sound.
Can't wait for their debut album.

Well Justin, it seems it's only you and me on this one.
Nevermind, they just don't know what they are missing. :)

This is my favourite one so far...

Saw them supporting Suede a few months ago and instantly loved their sound.
Can't wait for their debut album.

That explains it! Their debut album hasn't been released yet. I went to The Record Exchange, here in Boise, and had the manager look up Temples in his database so I could place a special order on the new album. All he could find was the "Shelter Song" single, but said he couldn't order it for me. I found that to be odd. I'm glad to hear the album hasn't been released yet and will purchase it as soon as I can.

It was about 5 or 6 weeks ago that you posted the "Colours to Life" video on the "What Are You Listening to Now" thread. I had the same experience that you did Irregular, I instantly loved their sound! The music is so refreshing and the guitars are so clean & crisp. Plus, the lead singer has a wonderful voice! Plus, the "Colours to Life" video is fantastic! I'm getting long winded as usual. I do believe when people hear Temples' music a lot of them are going to really love them.:)

"The Golden Throne" is another great tune! I just listened to it twice.

Temples takeover- Day Three

"Shelter Song" by Temples

^^^ Actually starting to love that track. Watch the video up close and try not to blink. Whoa... trippy!

Last edited:

Arctic Monkeys with Cream...

Yes? No? :D

Carry on.

:)Wow, an interesting mash-up! Honestly, in terms of the music, I was thinking The Smiths with The Beatles. I know thats a bold statement, but the lead guitar is reminiscent of Johnny's. Also, I hear a Beatles-Oasis undercurrent in the music.

^^^ Actually starting to love that tack. Watch the video up close and try not to blink. Whoa... trippy!

:) Trippy with a capital "T."

Temples takeover- Day 5

Temples in concert. Somewhere in Grimsby!

Opening act.... the ghost of Joseph Haydn.

-this tune brought down the house!

"Trumpet Concerto in E flat, Third Movement" by Joseph Haydn

-One of the most splendid songs in the history of music. Beginning at the 3:29 mark, the song becomes truly spectacular!

And now for the evening's main attraction.....Temples.

"Sun Structures" by Temples

-Temples. They're giving the Sun a little structure. Can you dig it?

growing up I punctuated listening to a lot of punk rock & "mopey music"(i.e. The Smiths, etc, etc...) with listening to some great rap by:
Run-DMC, Public Enemy, Eric B. & Rakim, NWA, Ice-T, Ultramagnetic MC’s, Beastie Boys & Falco :p
I still listen to Falco and the Beastie Boys sometimes
then at some point in the mid 2000s, I got into "nerd rap" I don't really know what to call it :confused:
people like:
mc frontalot, Kompressor and my fave of that genre mc chris
at around this time a friend introduced me to Kool Keith's great ( post Ultramagnetic MC’s) stuff, including:
dr-octagon.jpg

after that my love for rap and all things Japanese culminated in a still abiding adoration for
HALCALI++TSHIRTS+PNG.png

these two rapping Japanese girls, they're called Halcali and when I make it to Japan, they are one of the music acts I most want to see :blushing:
I've two more rappers to mention
2578770.jpg

Nicki Minaj she's often so out there and I really like it, and I am not ashamed to admit it!
lastly, the man that speaks most directly through his rap to me, still, is:
eminem-new-album-2013-tour-dates-confirmed.jpg

Eminem -only seen him perform a couple of times, would love to again, like Moz, he can be shit live or amazing
I could go and on, but you know who he is, as they do over here in China
which is, kind of, cool for me since most of the other stuff I am into is lost on them :o

Last edited:
growing up I punctuated listening to a lot of punk rock & "mopey music"(i.e. The Smiths, etc, etc...) with listening to some great rap by:
Run-DMC, Public Enemy, Eric B. & Rakim, NWA, Ice-T, Ultramagnetic MC’s, Beastie Boys & Falco :p
I still listen to Falco and the Beastie Boys sometimes
then at some point in the mid 2000s, I got into "nerd rap" I don't really know what to call it :confused:
people like:
mc frontalot, Kompressor and my fave of that genre mc chris
at around this time a friend introduced me to Kool Keith's great ( post Ultramagnetic MC’s) stuff, including:
dr-octagon.jpg

after that my love for rap and all things Japanese culminated in a still abiding adoration for
HALCALI++TSHIRTS+PNG.png

these two rapping Japanese girls, they're called Halcali and when I make it to Japan, they are one of the music acts I most want to see :blushing:
I've two more rappers to mention
2578770.jpg

Nicki Minaj she's often so out there and I really like it, and I am not ashamed to admit it!
lastly, the man that speaks most directly through his rap to me, still, is:
eminem-new-album-2013-tour-dates-confirmed.jpg

Eminem -only seen him perform a couple of times, would love to again, like Moz, he can be shit live or amazing
I could go and on, but you know who he is, as they do over here in China
which is, kind of, cool for me since most of the other stuff I am into is lost on them :o

I grew up listening to the same rap groups, Robby. I listened to all of the same groups that you just listed, except for Ultramagnetic MC's. I missed out on them. I never explored the "nerd rap" genre, but have heard that there are many talented artists within it. I know that Kool Keith is very well regarded.

One of my best friends loves Eminem's work. I must admit that his music and voice have never really grabbed a hold of me. I have come to respect him though and admire how he proudly represents Detroit. I have several family members who live in Detroit. That city really needs a boost right now.

Robby, you wrote that they are familiar with Eminem's music in China. Are they familiar with Morrissey's music? Or The Smiths? I hope so. If not, maybe you can introduce this wonderful music to your friends that you meet in China.

Here is a classic from one of the rap artists that you mentioned. Thanks for the great post.

"Paid in Full" by Eric B. & Rakim

-a masterpiece. This is the short version of the song. The long version is more than twice as long.

Temples were gracious enough to let Eric B. & Rakim have the stage for a little bit.

Actually, they didn't need the stage. Temples went to go perform at a church!

Temples Invasion- Day 11

"Sun Structures" (live) by Temples

-God Bless Temples.

I grew up listening to the same rap groups, Robby. I listened to all of the same groups that you just listed, except for Ultramagnetic MC's. I missed out on them. I never explored the "nerd rap" genre, but have heard that there are many talented artists within it. I know that Kool Keith is very well regarded.

One of my best friends loves Eminem's work. I must admit that his music and voice have never really grabbed a hold of me. I have come to respect him though and admire how he proudly represents Detroit. I have several family members who live in Detroit. That city really needs a boost right now.

Robby, you wrote that they are familiar with Eminem's music in China. Are they familiar with Morrissey's music? Or The Smiths? I hope so. If not, maybe you can introduce this wonderful music to your friends that you meet in China.

Here is a classic from one of the rap artists that you mentioned. Thanks for the great post.

"Paid in Full" by Eric B. & Rakim

-a masterpiece. This is the short version of the song. The long version is more than twice as long.

ur welcome :) and yeah, great song :thumb:
as for introducing the Chinese I know to Moz/Smiths, baby steps, right now I am just playing The Beatles when a certain friend of mine comes over :blushing:

ps: though she does like Rihanna, who I happen to have a great lust for :horny::p

ur welcome :) and yeah, great song :thumb:
as for introducing the Chinese I know to Moz/Smiths, baby steps, right now I am just playing The Beatles when a certain friend of mine comes over :blushing:

ps: though she does like Rihanna, who I happen to have a great lust for :horny::p

Good idea, starting with The Beatles! Maybe, in a month or two, you can start playing a little Moz/Smiths for your friend.

"That's How I'm Livin'" by Ice-T

-This song is literally Ice-T's biography. At least for the early part of his life.

-If you're easily offended then this cut definitely isn't for you.

"Return of the Villain" by MC Ren

"From Compton to the U.K.

Real motherf***ers play me every day"

Back
Top Bottom