Pete Libertine mentions Morrissey (again)

D

dandysweets

There is an article about Pete Doherty's while-i'm-not-in-The-Libertines-band, Babyshambles in this week's NME and the end of the interview goes like this:

...You've been playing The Smiths' 'Rubber Ring' live recently and did a bit of 'the Boy With A Thorn in His Side' in soundcheck...

My friend Jai gave me a tape with a Smiths song on when I was 15 'I startedSomething I Couldn't Finish', it was. And that was it. It was like Thrugh The Looking Glass. It just touched me.

So how did you feel when you saw Carl and Morrissey on the cover of NME with their arms around each other?

I don't want to talk about that. I can't deal with that. I can't get my head around it. (Pete bursts into tears) That was just...shocking...

Anyway, not the greatest reference but he is clearly a massive Morrissey fan good old Pete - good luck to him!

> There is an article about Pete Doherty's
> while-i'm-not-in-The-Libertines-band, Babyshambles in this week's NME and
> the end of the interview goes like this:

> ...You've been playing The Smiths' 'Rubber Ring' live recently and did a
> bit of 'the Boy With A Thorn in His Side' in soundcheck...

> My friend Jai gave me a tape with a Smiths song on when I was 15 'I
> startedSomething I Couldn't Finish', it was. And that was it. It was like
> Thrugh The Looking Glass. It just touched me.

> So how did you feel when you saw Carl and Morrissey on the cover of NME
> with their arms around each other?

> I don't want to talk about that. I can't deal with that. I can't get my
> head around it. (Pete bursts into tears) That was just...shocking...

> Anyway, not the greatest reference but he is clearly a massive Morrissey
> fan good old Pete - good luck to him!

poor old pete but he does bring it on himself ,this is typical junkie atitude ,blame everyone but yourself ,he should get a grip this poor me act can only go on for so long ,i don't blame carl for kicking him out of the band, i mean he's a nice enough guy ,but he is not well enough to be in the libertines.

agree. i remember an interview with noel gallagher recently on the radio where he requested What Became Of The Likely Lads and said they were a good band but he pledged his support to Carl saying 'you can't be in a band with a smackhead'

> agree. i remember an interview with noel gallagher recently on the radio
> where he requested What Became Of The Likely Lads and said they were a
> good band but he pledged his support to Carl saying 'you can't be in a
> band with a smackhead'

believe me i have nothing against pete but i have known people in the past who got themselves hooked on smack and i can assure you that you can only help these people for so long ,the worst thing about pete is that a lots of his fans keep him the way he is by giving him money to feed his habit ,at one point he was even charging young fans 10 quid a go to hear him play at home and that is very sad,

I don't think things are quite as black and white as that. Has anyone noticed that there are no songwriting credits on the album? There was a freebie CD with the Observer and it has Narcissist as a Barat only composition and Can't Stand Me Now has a third writer - Hammerton. I smell manipulation. Whoever wrote those songs, and it seem increasingly likely they're not all the joint efforts they're cracked up to be, is the person whose band it is. How can people pledge support to one party or other when they don't know the internal dynamics? For all we know it's like Ringo kicking John out. If the junkie is the special one then, as a fan, not much else matters.

It's getting colder and you know you've got nothing to lose

> I don't think things are quite as black and white as that. Has anyone
> noticed that there are no songwriting credits on the album? There was a
> freebie CD with the Observer and it has Narcissist as a Barat only
> composition and Can't Stand Me Now has a third writer - Hammerton. I smell
> manipulation. Whoever wrote those songs, and it seem increasingly likely
> they're not all the joint efforts they're cracked up to be, is the person
> whose band it is. How can people pledge support to one party or other when
> they don't know the internal dynamics? For all we know it's like Ringo
> kicking John out. If the junkie is the special one then, as a fan, not
> much else matters.

Interesting to see that Peter Perrett has emerged from his big sleep to produce some of the Babyshambles stuff, they certainly have a few things in common, excluding the fact that Perrett is a genius.

How can people pledge support to one party or other when
> they don't know the internal dynamics? For all we know it's like Ringo
> kicking John out. If the junkie is the special one then, as a fan, not
> much else matters.

i forgot to mention that in this interview noel gallagher was referring to having met carl a couple of times and carl himself telling noel about the frustration of being in a band with a heroin addict and saw no other way than kicking him out of the band in the hope he (pete) would get better. that's also what carl himself has said in several recent interviews.

Back
Top Bottom