Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I don't work, fool!

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

What is your job? Where do you work? Post whatever you want as long as it's do to with your job! :p

Presently, I work at a charity shop by the way...I actually love it there, full of nice people and pleasure to work for. However I get paid through different colleges atm (long story...) but apart from that I've got my band to keep me occupied, so I'm always writing and singing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Our Jobs!

A Fluffer.

And before anyone asks, yes I did have to work a week 'in hand' :D

You wouldn't think a woman would have to travel from California to Sri Lanka in order to see the Common Woodshrike (Tephrodornis pondicerianus affinis) but she did. And anyone else would have to since they're endemic to that region.

Anyone want to hear the difference between scoping, baiting in and calling in birds? It's quite fascinating actually.

You wouldn't think a woman would have to travel from California to Sri Lanka in order to see the Common Woodshrike (Tephrodornis pondicerianus affinis) but she did. And anyone else would have to since they're endemic to that region.

Anyone want to hear the difference between scoping, baiting in and calling in birds? It's quite fascinating actually.

I'm amazed there is such a job that you do!

She spied the Black Drongo (Dicrurus macrocercus)or King Crow near the memorial for the tsunami victims on 2/3/10. Look at that tail!

Black_Drongo_I_IMG_7924.jpg

Okay I'll shut up, not as interesting as fluffing. :p

I'm amazed there is such a job that you do!

I don't mind it so much. Look at the White-bellied Drongo (Dicrurus caerulescens) , so sweeeet.

White-bellied_Drongo_%28Dicrurus_caerulescens%29_at_Sindhrot_near_Vadodara%2C_Gujrat_Pix_078.jpg

I do tons of weird little jobs and I love all of them. I just wish I had dental insurance and I have to get a REAL job to get that. I argue with my mom about it all the time, she wants me to do these little jobs. There is no way to cure a toothache, no assistance other than having it pulled which isn't the only option. And I could do without the chestpain but that's unavoidable.

Aye, I bloody bet :lbf: :p

Sounds nice your working outdoors and doing something you love though :)

I'm sitting at a computer. She goes and sees them all, I just log them into her Lifer database. I'd like to go birding one day, it;s a very social event, when one in a group spots a Lifer or a bird they've never seen before they buy a round of drinks that night at the bar for everyone. Drinking wine at night and looking at birds while camping, sounds delightful.

448px-Dicrurus_paradiseus_-Kerala_-India-6-3c.jpg

Greater Racket-tailed Drongo (Dicrurus paradiseus)

What a tail! :D

Rosy_Starling_%28Sturnus_roseus%29_near_Hyderabad_W2_IMG_4837.jpg

The Rosy Starling (Sturnus roseus). :love: They're wearing little sweater vests. A Lifer for her, she saw them in large flocks near Bundala.

no actually, the brakes are messed up :mad: so I am walking here to the library, which is better for me though, right? :rolleyes:

How long does your library stay open to? :eek:
Mine only stays open till about 7 and then lights out!

How long does your library stay open to? :eek:
Mine only stays open till about 7 and then lights out!

it does not open til 10 am most days :( & not til noon on Tuesday :crazy:
its closed all day on Sunday :mad:
and and, it closes @ 6 pm most days, with a couple in which it stay open til 8pm, but off the top of my head, I cannot remember which ones :confused:
and no, one of them is not Tuesday, though that would make sense :straightface:

Nutmeg Mannikin (Lonchura punctulata ) or the Scaley-breasted munia. It gets confusing because sometimes one bird has two names.

Scaly_breasted_Munia_I_IMG_4769.jpg

mannequin.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom