Now and Then

S

Stretch Armstrong

When I saw that John Peel night last Sunday week with a Top of the Pops clip of the Smiths performing This Charming Man it suddenly struck me how much better it was being a fan in those days. They were producing records at an unbelievable rate and each and every track was brilliant. Morrissey was always being interviewed in the music press and they were regularly on TV (TOTP, Tube, Old Grey Whistle Test etc) and of course those Peel sessions.

Nowadays you have to wait years before he gets off his arse to record or perform, he rarely does interviews and despite continued hopes the records are usually eiher very poor or at best just reminders of past glories.

Oh yeah , on another topic did anyone read in the Sunday Times last week about the high numbers of homosexuals in far right political groups (NF, BNP etc) - apparantly they're attracted to the overly macho imagry. H'mmm

gay republicans & morrissey's wrinkles

morrissey certainly isn't fun to follow anymore, i must agree. he's an incredible bore, and you're right, his recent work is questionable at best (and he's looking much older than his years).

no more hearing aids, ladies' blouses...no more humour or charm in his work anymore. the man is a sour old bore. and don't even get me started on his crap band...

and as far right homos...well, it happens here in the U.S., too...look at the log cabin republicans. a bunch of sick freaks, to be sure. it's like a jew wanting to join the nazi party, or a black person the KKK...

oil of olay can save your skin

Re: Why DOES Moz look older than his years??

>(and he's looking much older than
his years.)

I just don't understand that at all. Although I must agree! Please don't respond with a bunch of negative posts or whatever, because I am in no way downing him; he is the ultimate genius, but just what does explain his aging process? He has supposedly led a clean, serene lifestyle, (no drugs, o drinking, and erm, no sex) so you would think the man would stay youthful way up into his mid-40s.... Hmm...

> his years.)¿ ....¿ I just don't understand that at all. Although I must agree!¿ Please don't respond with a bunch of negative posts or whatever,¿ because I am in no way downing him; he is the ultimate genius,¿ but just what does explain his aging process? He has supposedly¿ led a clean, serene lifestyle, (no drugs, o drinking, and erm,¿ no sex) so you would think the man would stay youthful way up¿ into his mid-40s.... Hmm...

Time is cruel on the body, but gentler on the mind. I think he looks great. Hair loss, wrinkles, pot belly, and tired eyes can happen to anyone. Yes, lifestyle can play a factor, but sometimes you just can't fight age. Why bother, I'd respect him just as much with ot without the good looks.
hnia

He's spent too much time lolling in the sun in his swimsuit. He probably doesn't use sunblock. Terrible for the skin.¿ Time is cruel on the body, but gentler on the mind. I think he¿ looks great. Hair loss, wrinkles, pot belly, and tired eyes can¿ happen to anyone. Yes, lifestyle can play a factor, but¿ sometimes you just can't fight age. Why bother, I'd respect him¿ just as much with ot without the good looks.¿ hnia

Re: gay republicans & morrissey's wrinkles

I'm not down with the Moz bashing, but your comments on gay republicans is on the mark. Can anything be more of an oxymoron than Gay Republicans? Yeck.¿ morrissey certainly isn't fun to follow anymore, i must agree.¿ he's an incredible bore, and you're right, his recent work is¿ questionable at best (and he's looking much older than his¿ years).¿ no more hearing aids, ladies' blouses...no more humour or charm¿ in his work anymore. the man is a sour old bore. and don't even¿ get me started on his crap band...¿ and as far right homos...well, it happens here in the U.S.,¿ too...look at the log cabin republicans. a bunch of sick freaks,¿ to be sure. it's like a jew wanting to join the nazi party, or a¿ black person the KKK...

Re: you guys are all beautiful I assume

I hope everyone judging his current looks here is drop dead beautiful, otherwise shut the hell up
-it is about the music people!!!!!!

oh c`mon.
we can talk about anything we like.
i am 22 and i wished i looked a bit like moz when he was 22, but when i`ll be 40 i wont have those long sideburns and if i had such a succeeding look, i`d struggle to keep the look, and the same clothes too.

> oh c`mon.¿ we can talk about anything we like.¿ i am 22 and i wished i looked a bit like moz when he was 22, but¿ when i`ll be 40 i wont have those long sideburns and if i had¿ such a succeeding look, i`d struggle to keep the look, and the¿ same clothes too.

honestly I don't know what happened to him...he looked very cool up to 3 or 4
years ago, now I hear of him being almost bald and having a grey beard...and the
recent pics I have seen from the '97 tour are less than flattering, I'm sorry. Probably
too many Coronas and sun lounging...

Brian Wilson syndrome

We all know what happened to him, and it's happening to Morrissey. He is becoming a crazy old drunk who wanders around his house in his swim suit.

Morrissey has always been a sex symbol, and sex symbols should be more careful of their appearance. Why can't he be more like the fabulous, well-preserved, self-respecting MADONNA? The woman is 41 years old. She should visit him and give him some beauty tips (just to be nice). Though Morrissey could be the oldest, oogliest bugger in the world and he would still be charming. I'll be physically available for him even when he's a toothless octagenarian.¿ honestly I don't know what happened to him...he looked very cool¿ up to 3 or 4¿ years ago, now I hear of him being almost bald and having a grey¿ beard...and the¿ recent pics I have seen from the '97 tour are less than¿ flattering, I'm sorry. Probably¿ too many Coronas and sun lounging...

Re: Brian Wilson syndrome

> We all know what happened to him, and it's happening to¿ Morrissey. He is becoming a crazy old drunk who wanders around¿ his house in his swim suit.

He is wide to receive a pair of pants.¿ Morrissey has always been a sex symbol, and sex symbols should¿ be more careful of their appearance. Why can't he be more like¿ the fabulous, well-preserved, self-respecting MADONNA?

There has been no mention of what Morrissey looks like wandering around the house in his speedos.¿The woman¿ is 41 years old. She should visit him and give him some beauty¿ tips (just to be nice). Though Morrissey could be the oldest,¿ oogliest bugger in the world and he would still be charming.¿ I'll be physically available for him even when he's a toothless¿ octagenarian.

well i have to eat my hat: i never really looked at the MEBY album cover..i went to a store and watched it closely, he looked so much better than the rumours that say he looks just like on the cover of maladjusted.
and no!
i didnt buy the album!
oh iguess i am not a fan
(of with his head...of with his head...)

Back
Top Bottom