Nancy Sinatra Gets Hollywood Star

The Seeker of Good Songs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/11/AR2006051101862.html?nav=rss_artsandliving/entertainmentnews

it relates to Morrissey a little bit.

The Associated Press
Thursday, May 11, 2006; 9:08 PM

LOS ANGELES -- Nancy Sinatra pulled on a pair of boots one more time Thursday for a strut on the Walk of Fame.
The 1960s pop icon was honored with a star on Hollywood Boulevard four decades after the debut of her rebel hit "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" in 1966.
"My advice to young women starting out is hang tough, don't quit _ even if it takes 40 years," Sinatra said.
The daughter of Frank Sinatra was also known for her blonde bouffant, vampy style and string of chart-topping tunes, including "Sugar Town" and the James Bond title track "You Only Live Twice."
She wore jeans instead of her trademark miniskirt for the Walk of Fame ceremony.
"I've very proud of my sister," Frank Sinatra Jr. said. "Not only is she a fine talent but a great American."
In 1967, Nancy Sinatra recorded "Something Stupid," a duet with her father that became a No. 1 hit. She also costarred with Elvis Presley in the 1968 film "Speedway."
Her latest album of new songs, released in 2004, featured collaborations with Morrissey, Sonic Youth, Jarvis Cocker and other rockers.

Back
Top Bottom