my eire headed excursion

S

suzanne

good evening.

i have cool news...for me. so, you probably don't care, but what's going on in ireland from the middle of the month onward? i'm finally going, so i'm looking a list of cool things to see/do while i'm there.

Do what all the Irish will be doing...

Get drunk.

> good evening.

> i have cool news...for me. so, you probably don't care, but what's going
> on in ireland from the middle of the month onward? i'm finally going, so
> i'm looking a list of cool things to see/do while i'm there.

don't kiss the blarney stone ...

the locals piss on it at night!

> good evening.

The entertainment.ie site ( http://www.entertainment.ie/ ) has pretty comprehensive listings for theatre, music, exhibitions etc. You'll probably be here while Slane (music festival) is on ? It's a spectacular setting but unfortunately (a) it's been sold out for months and (b) apart from PJ Harvey the line-up is truly grim this year. The Hokusai exhbition (Chester Beatty Library, Dublin) is fantastic. Alan Stanford's production of "The Importance Of Being Earnest" is pretty good (the Gate, Dublin.) The new Tom Murphy play "The Drunkard" (Trinity College, Dublin) is good if you like 19th century melodramas. "She Stoops To Conquer" is on in the Abbey - I haven't seen it yet. If you're going to be here later on this month/early September Morrissey's latest musical enthusiasm (Damien Dempsey) is on tour.

> good evening.

you should check out burger king on grafton street and then go for a delightful swim in the canal.whoops! mind the shopping trolleys.later on that night go to temple bar and wave your money around,that way youll get to see a dublin police station and possibly,if youre lucky, a dublin hospital.good luck.dublin.its bloody fantastic!

DO kiss the blarney stone ...

> the locals piss on it at night!

no wonder I had a funny taste in my mouth after kissing it a few years ago.

Do it, its great.

> good evening.

visit Cork. Its lovely, despite the fact that Roy Keane is from there. Killarney is alright as well. I found Dublin to be full of traffic jams and road rage attacks. It pissed me off.

Re: DO kiss the blarney stone ...

> no wonder I had a funny taste in my mouth after kissing it a few years
> ago.

> Do it, its great.

man, i don't even drink my own urine much less anyone else's...

i can't remember how, but yes, i heard that as well, and if you think about it, it makes sense that they would.

> visit Cork. Its lovely, despite the fact that Roy Keane is from there.
> Killarney is alright as well. I found Dublin to be full of traffic jams
> and road rage attacks. It pissed me off.

but i'm walking or taking the bus.

> but i'm walking or taking the bus.

Glendalough in Co. Wicklow is lovely. Dublin is worth a visit because it has the best nightlife, gigs and theatre scene (plus, you've got a better chance of bumping into Morrissey here than anywhere else in Ireland), but if you prefer to see scenery etc, go to Cork and Kerry, Clare (Cliffs of Moher) Galway (fantastic, vibrant little city) and the scenery of Donegal is beautiful, too. There are Gaeltacht areas still in the West of Ireland (where Irish is still the native tongue) which'd be worth a visit if you're into that sort of thing. Otherwise I wouldn't argue with Almodis' recommendations about Dublin. Have a great time

> Glendalough in Co. Wicklow is lovely. Dublin is worth a visit because it
> has the best nightlife, gigs and theatre scene (plus, you've got a better
> chance of bumping into Morrissey here than anywhere else in Ireland),

oh i was definitely going there, however, since he spends so much more time in LA, i'm not really counting on it.

>but
> if you prefer to see scenery etc, go to Cork and Kerry, Clare (Cliffs of
> Moher) Galway (fantastic, vibrant little city) and the scenery of Donegal
> is beautiful, too. There are Gaeltacht areas still in the West of Ireland
> (where Irish is still the native tongue) which'd be worth a visit if
> you're into that sort of thing. Otherwise I wouldn't argue with Almodis'
> recommendations about Dublin. Have a great time

yes, i was doing that because i'm flying into shannon airport and checking out the western part, but i was hoping someone who either lives there or has been there knows anything specific that you shouldn't miss..

Back
Top Bottom