Morrissey's Favorite Food

S

Silver Dollar

Does anyone know what Morrissey's favorite foods are? I'm thinking of sending him a gift basket at his next gig, but I don't know what foods I should include. Can anyone help?

Carrots, Potatoes, Parsnips, Onions, Sprouts and Green Beans.

> Does anyone know what Morrissey's favorite foods are? I'm thinking of
> sending him a gift basket at his next gig, but I don't know what foods I
> should include. Can anyone help?

I suspect Moz is a bit wary of fans bearing food items ever since he had those sausages thrown at him on stage in 1985.
Send him a selection of Brylcreem products or something.

> I suspect Moz is a bit wary of fans bearing food items ever since he had
> those sausages thrown at him on stage in 1985.
> Send him a selection of Brylcreem products or something.

How horrible!!! I'd never heard about that. I'm mad now.

Re: the "sausage" incident

From the PETA interview:

When asked what kind of reactions he gets from his fans considering his stand on animal issues, he said:
"That's an interesting question. We get endless positive response, generally. Something strange happend at a show once, though, in Stokes, a city in England. It was unfortunate. While we were playing the song "Meat Is Murder", somebody in the audience threw a heap of sausages onto the stage and oddly, they hit me in the face and part of them got in my mouth. They were a good shot, but they really missed the point. It was horrible. I had to just run off the stage and heave! I really vomited. Eating meat is the most disgusting thing I can think of. It's like biting into your grandmother."

When the interviewer asked what he eats, this is what he said:

"I have very simple tastes, like breads and fruits. I’m very lucky because I actually love fruit. If I can have fruit several times a day I feel absolutely fine. And I love very basic vegetables like potatoes and broccoli and asparagus and sprouts".

Why waste energy being mad? This was 17 years ago. I'm sure Moz is over it by now.

Plus, you gotta admit, that is a pretty funny prank.

> How horrible!!! I'd never heard about that. I'm mad now.

> Why waste energy being mad? This was 17 years ago. I'm sure Moz is over it
> by now.

He's obviously not over it. That interview that I posted was just last month. I know it was just a prank but it's an awful thing to do knowing how strong Morrissey's feelings are towards meat, etc.

Re: the "sausage" incident

He gives an amusing account of it in this NME interview, one of his best, from later the same year.

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~moz/quotes/chairman.htm

Thats f***in easy: he loves YOSHINOYA and lots of it. He should get it fed introvenously into his veins. Morrissey loves the soup of champions,if you buy him some yoshinoya,he'll probably hook you up with some backstage passes.

Back
Top Bottom