Morrissey Tattoo

selfvalidation

Ill advised
Hello everyone

In three weeks I'm getting a new tattoo and really would like a moz/smith lyric. but i can't decide!!! I'm not sure where I'm getting it. Perhaps my hip, or just below my ankle bone. Or back...

ANYWAY. My favourite song is still ill but it seems a bit obvious. Maybe 'does the body rule the mind,' or 'or does the mind rule the body.' Other choices - 'last night i dreamt' 'no hope, no harm' 'stop me' but then i also might get a tattoo of his pretty mug! i can't decide. i've seen some fab ones like girl afraid across the wrist or still ill. also trouble loves me.

any thoughts?

XXX

selfvalidation said:
Hello everyone

In three weeks I'm getting a new tattoo and really would like a moz/smith lyric. but i can't decide!!! I'm not sure where I'm getting it. Perhaps my hip, or just below my ankle bone. Or back...

ANYWAY. My favourite song is still ill but it seems a bit obvious. Maybe 'does the body rule the mind,' or 'or does the mind rule the body.' Other choices - 'last night i dreamt' 'no hope, no harm' 'stop me' but then i also might get a tattoo of his pretty mug! i can't decide. i've seen some fab ones like girl afraid across the wrist or still ill. also trouble loves me.

any thoughts?

XXX

Just in case you havent seen this site... check out these moz related tattoos
http://www.supercult.com/site2/welike/morrissey/morrissey.html

moztat2vp.jpg
:D :D

Great idea... I wouldnt presume to know what you should have tattooed... however I would say that if you are going to get a portrait then make sure that your tattooist is good! I have seen a couple of very odd Moz tattoo portraits!!
For the record I have lots of tattoos -including the Morrissey one on my avatar and "there is a light that never goes out" on my calf.

You're making me want to go and have another Morrissey one although I should get my back piece finished first!!

Make sure you post a pic when you have it done! Id love to see
:D

How about...

"Punctured bicycle
On a hillside desolate
Will nature make a man of me yet ?

When in this charming car
This charming man...

Why pamper life's complexity
When the leather runs smooth
On the passenger seat ?

I would go out tonight
But I haven't got a stitch to wear
This man said it's gruesome
That someone so handsome should care

Ah ! A jumped-up pantry boy
Who never knew his place
He said return the ring
He knows so much about these things

I would go out tonight
But I haven't got a stitch to wear
This man said it's gruesome
That someone so handsome should care

La, la-la, la-la, la-la, this charming man ...
Oh, la-la, la-la, la-la, this charming man ...

Ah! A jumped-up pantry boy
Who never knew his place
He said return the ring
He knows so much about these things"

Obviously, you'd have to use quite small letters.

selfvalidation said:
Hello everyone

any thoughts?

XXX
"I crack the whip and you skip"
;)

thank you all for your ideas. i do like the idea of 'you cracked the whip and i skipped!' and that one that morrissey signed is wonderful. and hey, moztattoo, i love that writing and i think whatever i do get (written) i'd have it in that style

ill keep you all posted x

Back
Top Bottom