Morrissey Box Set

K

Kevin

Hello all,
This is a breakdown of what's up. I have one of the original Morrissey Box sets. Every now and then (about once every 6 months) I have tried to see if there is anyone out there who has one or if there or if there was anyone that may be curious about it. Until now, I haven't found anything. I'm not selling it but I am interested in the value if any. Below is the message I posted on Deja.com earlier tonite. I see from this site that the box set may be re-released soon. Actually, I did make one mistake in this: I said that I added 2 new singles. This was because of the room in the box. I also added "The More I Ignore You, The closer I Get" in one of those flimsy little cd protectors, no the small hard plastic ones the others are in. Actually, the "Tomorrow" single which I added is in one of those cardboard cd cases. Enough...here it is:
Hey there,
I have "The Singles Collection 1986-1992 Limited Edition 13 CD Box" which I got for Xmas back in 92. I haven't been able to find anything out about it on the web. When I got it, there was room for 2 more singles which I filled when "Your Arsenal" came out ("Tomorrow" and "Certain People I Know") Does anyone else out there have this box set? As I said earlier, I haven't been able to find any info on the web and record stores don't know anything about it. It's pretty cool. I have #1321 so I assume that at least a few thousand of these were produced.
In case anyone is curious, here are the singles in the set (don't have time now to list all the B-sides, there's about 3-4 per disc, sorry) Suedehead
Everyday is like Sunday
The Last Of the International Playboys
Interesting Drug
Ouija Board, Ouija Board,
November Spawned a Monster
Piccadilly Palare
Our Frank
Sing Your Life
Pregnant for the Last Time
My Love Life
We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful
You're the One For Me Fatty
(plus the 2 I added)
I'm kind of curious if it's worth anything. I doubt it. I know it cost over $120 when it came out in 92, tho.
Here is the quote from the back of the insert card:

Singing songs to no particular gender,
Morrissey has always championed the winners
as well as the underdog.

This collection of songs from 1986 to the
present day are as much about being in love
as it is a hopeful reminder to the kid who
always got picked last in gym class, that there
really is a light that never goes out. The little
girls understand, the little boys understand,
and most importantly Steven Patrick
Morrissey understands..."
Richard Elioff

So, if anyone has any input, let me know.
Best Wishes from Austin, TX
K.

not sure exactly what you're asking... i've got #1578...

i think it's worth alot, especially since you get all of the singles in mint condition all at once. i replaced my first collection (which showed alot of wear) with a box set not to long ago... i was really happy!

-c

moz46.jpg

where did u get the box set from? Is it only available on the internet?

thx,
BECCA

try eBay... it pops up every so often there... (if not, try the marketplace)

you may pay alot, but those early singles are worth a ton anyway... i've seen "Suedehead" alone go for over $80.

i don't know where to still get it new (although i got mine still shrinkwrapped). there is talk of another box set from EMI, but it evidently has only 10 singles, the one we're currently discussing has 13 (every single up until "Fatty")...

-------------------------------
> where did u get the box set from? Is it only available on the
> internet?

> thx,
> BECCA

moz49.jpg

shopping

it was available in retail stores in america...not too uncommon at the time. i saw it many times, and a friend of mine picked up one on clearance at some crapy mall record store.

> where did u get the box set from? Is it only available on the
> internet?

> thx,
> BECCA

austin

i'm in austin, too, and i just sold my box set a few days ago. not sure how much it's "worth" - just depends on how bad someone wants it.

Back
Top Bottom