Meltdown Tomorrow Night

J

James

Libertines have pulled out of Meltdown as Peter is in Thailand getting one dayed at a time by a bunch of Monks.

f***ing Hell there is going to be a lot of disappointed 14 year olds watching the last minute replacement...Let's hope it's not a f***ing 'Electric Evening with Gene'.

I heard that it's The Ordinary Boys

> Libertines have pulled out of Meltdown as Peter is in Thailand getting one
> dayed at a time by a bunch of Monks.

> f***ing Hell there is going to be a lot of disappointed 14 year olds
> watching the last minute replacement...Let's hope it's not a f***ing
> 'Electric Evening with Gene'.

...but someone else mentioned that this clashes with something else they're doing. Hopefully they'll announce it soon. Really weird that the supports generally haven't been properly confirmed, even though the headline bills have been publicised for weeks now.

> Libertines have pulled out of Meltdown as Peter is in Thailand getting one
> dayed at a time by a bunch of Monks.

> f***ing Hell there is going to be a lot of disappointed 14 year olds
> watching the last minute replacement...Let's hope it's not a f***ing
> 'Electric Evening with Gene'.

I imagine most of the 14 year olds will be too busy being relieved that Peter's not dead to be all that disappointed. And most of them seem to love the old Mozzer so that should help sooth away any residual pain.

It's Damien Dempsey again, according to the message board on his web site

Re: It's Damien Dempsey again, according to the message board on his web site

No, I've just phoned the RFH and they say its Elephant? who the frick are they? any help on who they are people?

Re: It's Damien Dempsey again, according to the message board on his web site

> No, I've just phoned the RFH and they say its Elephant? who the frick are
> they? any help on who they are people?

The DD announcement is on his official web site, maybe it's a misunderstanding on the part of the RFH ? Or maybe they're both supporting like DD and FF at the MEN Arena ?

From http://www.damiendempsey.com/news.php

UPDATE! - Damo supporting Morrissey June 11 - 10 June 2004
Damo is now supporting Morrissey at the first Meltdown show on June 11th and will not be performing free in the lobby as originally scheduled.

Anyway, Elefant (that's how they spell it AFAIK) supported him at some of the LA shows earlier this year - see http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/04/04/23/1441258.shtml - I've never heard them however.

Back
Top Bottom